Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 07:23 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,801,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
What I've noticed is, when women say they don't want to date single fathers its ok.

When men say they don't want to date single mothers there heartless monsters who hate women. The double standards are absolutely disgusting
Well, men not wanting to date single mothers isn't wrong... and I say that as a single mom. Everyone has preferences and we can't help it. I think most people who say they wouldn't date a single parent are most likely never married and younger--and I can see their point of view on it. When it becomes hypocritical is when it's a man or woman who's abandoned his or her own kids who says this.

And yeah, double standards stink. Welcome to the world where some people say exactly what you said about men who won't date single moms... and welcome to the world where some people call single mom's "baby mamas" and whores who get what they "deserve" and single dads get sympathy and admiration for "manning up."

Old 04-19-2013, 07:41 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,197,482 times
Like.. When a woman says she prefers not to date men with kids people accept her answer and leave it alone, not the same with men. A man says it and all sorts of questions and accusations arise.

"What do you mean don't date single moms?" "What's wrong with you?" "Do you hate your mom too?"

I've even heard some women say and i quote "only real men date single mothers"

Old 04-19-2013, 07:45 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,801,551 times
Well, personally I think those women are wrong. Maybe they are taking it personally or something. If a man doesn't want to date a woman with kids--for whatever reason--that's his choice. Maybe he doesn't like kids, maybe he wants a more spontaneous relationship where you can do things "whenever", maybe he isn't ready for an "instant family." It doesn't matter, it's his preference. Now, he doesn't need to be a jerk about it. But people shouldn't be jerks to him because or it either. But like you said, this world if full of unfair double standards--what can a person do about it really.

Sorry for the threadjack... I have a tendency to do that. I swear, next forum I register for, I am taking the name "Threadjacker" if it's available.

Last edited by jillabean; 04-19-2013 at 08:00 AM.. Reason: fixed typo... ready instead of read

Old 04-19-2013, 08:52 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,143,293 times
Quote:
Like.. When a woman says she prefers not to date men with kids people accept her answer and leave it alone, not the same with men. A man says it and all sorts of questions and accusations arise.

"What do you mean don't date single moms?" "What's wrong with you?" "Do you hate your mom too?"

Lol, exactly. Some women come on here and state there disdain for short men, men without degrees, men who don't have "good jobs"(i.e. money), men with kids. And I have never took offense, or resorted to childish name calling.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:07 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,185,790 times
Quote:
What I've noticed is, when women say they don't want to date single fathers its ok.

When men say they don't want to date single mothers there heartless monsters who hate women. The double standards are absolutely disgusting
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Lol, exactly. Some women come on here and state there disdain for short men, men without degrees, men who don't have "good jobs"(i.e. money), men with kids. And I have never took offense, or resorted to childish name calling.
Not wanting to date someone is not synonymous with calling a person damaged goods. This has already been stated. If people are really too stupid to understand this, well, I guess I feel for you.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:26 AM

52,214 posts, read 52,642,422 times
Damaged goods is a harsh term. We are all basically damaged goods to a certain degree, no one makes it out of this life with out some kind of trauma happening to them.....

So... don't really get the point of this thread, other than to start people going on a negative diatribe about others......

Old 04-19-2013, 11:13 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
We're all damaged to one extent or another. Life does that to a person. Even if a person NEVER had any heartache and life was always perfect.......... is damaged in the fact they are not prepared when something goes wrong, among other potential problems.

I think it is a matter of making sure your dysfunctions fit with your partners.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-19-2013, 11:15 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,160,393 times
Quote:

Really? You might want to take a look at some of IDon'tDateYou's threads. I think you'll see things differently.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:23 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,143,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Not wanting to date someone is not synonymous with calling a person damaged goods. This has already been stated. If people are really too stupid to understand this, well, I guess I feel for you.
So you're upset because "damaged goods" is not P.C. enough for you? Good lord, please get a life.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:08 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,185,790 times
Quote:
So you're upset because "damaged goods" is not P.C. enough for you? Good lord, please get a life.
There are many single moms on this forum and it's just mean of you, so I speak up. There is no reason for you to speak like that of people. And really, it's quite stupid for people in glass houses to throw stones. And not only do you grossly insult people you will never know who don't want to know you, you do it with poor grammar, like you're some kind of unintelligent dolt. "A women" "A women". It's so stupid. And then clap yourself over sexing people you find pathetic. I can only imagine the trash your mother raised you in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships