Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 09:31 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
It's part of the overall shaming language many women use when they want you to do things that mainly benefit them. It's similar to how not being down for marriage is now seen as "misogynist", or "he must be gay "or "bitter"because of not wanting to tie the knot. Umm....No I'm smart because I see it for the one sided fraud that it is
I know, right?

Old 04-20-2013, 10:02 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Here goes:

Multiple failed marriages
Cynical/jaded
Emotionally unavailable for any multitude of reasons
Bitter
Suspicious/overly guarded/unwilling or unable to take things at face value
Various addicts
Purposely poor communication
Horrible/abusive parents
Unresolved sexual abuse/intimacy issues
Desperately trying to relive their youth/unwilling to accept their life stage
Entitled/spoiled rotten
Getting inked up to commemorate some "life changing event"
Minus drugs and,marriage.. I'm screwed

Old 04-20-2013, 11:11 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
I don't use the phrase (not in my thoughts, either), but there are many people who I consider undateable. Some examples:

- habitual liars
- people engaged in illegal activity
- people with almost any addiction, including legal ones
- people who spout PUA/MRA myths, or try to act on them
- people whose default mode of interaction with strangers and loved ones is not kind, compassionate, empathetic, etc.
- people who believe that all human interactions and relationships are unequal ('Someone always comes out on top').

Old 04-20-2013, 11:34 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
anything that can skew perspectives to instant negativity or self doubt. the causes are too many to list

Old 04-20-2013, 11:36 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
I could go on for a while, but I'm almost certain several would take offense to it.
I approach all individuals on a case-by-case basis. I don't judge people on a specific characteristic or attribute and dismiss them because of it.

[i wait to hear their story - because we all have one]

Old 04-21-2013, 12:10 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
It's not surprising that it sounds like incoherent garble to you since you do not know the difference between singulars and plurals within the English language. Sorry I had to call you on it, but any avid Internet poster should know better. As to the content of your post, you didn't answer the question. I don't take the question as to whether a person is someone you would date or not. A retired 75 year old school teacher is not someone you would date and that wouldn't make her damaged goods. I don't get how a single/divorced woman with kids is damaged goods...even if she would want to date you, although there are obviously many single/divorced women with kids who would not date you. Referring to these people as damaged goods is not something I can understand.

I suppose this sentiment can really be applied to anyone in this thread. Does a personal preference relegate a human being as damaged goods? As JJ mentioned earlier, if that's the case then everyone on the planet is damaged goods and that's just stupid.
One man might think a single mother as garbage while some other men might see some single mothers as treasure. Everyone has some sort of baggage. No one is not perfect. Hell I even see people with elitest mind sets as damage goods.

Old 04-21-2013, 12:12 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Damaged goods are the dented cans of beans on the shelf at the grocery that I leave there most of the time but not always. Then there are the boxes that were accidentally cut open when the case was being opened, and the vehicle on the car lot that was hit by large pieces of hail....

Old 04-21-2013, 12:17 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid09 View Post
How about a woman in her late 20's who's never had a boyfriend. Is she considered damaged goods?
No, but on the flipside if its us men who never been in a relationship, for most women in America they will see it as a form of baggage.

Old 04-21-2013, 12:35 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,578,811 times
Damaged goods to me would be a woman that slept with one of my friends. I wouldn't ever call her that in public or make a bad name for her, but that would be the person that would fall into that phrase for me. I couldn't imagine calling someone "damaged goods" unless they had done something really bad to me.

Old 04-21-2013, 03:50 AM

769 posts, read 1,013,492 times
-drug abuse outside alcohol and a bit of weed
-mental issues
-major health issues
-crazy family
-women with kids already.
-multiple failed relationships and promiscuity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships