Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 09:45 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,536,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrantia View Post
I'm in the same camp as PowerSurge and MainStreet.

I have no desire to ever be in another relationship. It took me 50 years to finally have complete control over my own time and my own life, and now that I have it and have been enjoying it for almost 10 years now, I'm not about to ever give it up again!

Teams of wild horses couldn't even drag me to a "date".
Best quote of the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 01:12 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Just so everyone knows, I am not out looking for a man, and I am not out needing a man. This is just a ?? my sister asked me yesterday, thought i would share it w you...

Truth be known, I dont think I will be alone forever, and if/when someone is in my life, it will be because they are meant to be...

Old 10-30-2007, 01:37 PM

169 posts, read 632,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Never say never.
I'll say it times three for me: "Never, never, NEVER!"

I'm ten times happier and at peace with myself after realizing I don't need or want a man in my life than I ever was before. That includes the times when I was in and out of any and all relationships...not only the Marriage From Hell.

Well.... upon serious and sober reflection I will admit that I would indeed make ONE and ONLY ONE exception to my Never Never Never Again Rule: If Hugh Laurie were to ask me out on a date, I would say yes. (alright, alright, who am I kidding? ... if Hugh Laurie were to ask me to have sex with him, my clothes couldn't hit the floor fast enough )

However, since neither of those scenarios will ever happen in this particular space/time continuum, my Never x3 Rule will continue to be written in granite.

Old 10-30-2007, 01:40 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
My sister asked this of me on Sunday. I told her i didn't see why not. She said where will you meet him?

How do I know that, I thought. I told her...probably online.

I told her I would not be an old maid like the little old ladies who lived on our street when I was growing up. They were sisters and lived together...or were they? Hmm.

Anyways...
never!! i like it in my own fish bowl.
i have had 6 betas. they died.
i kept trying to put companions in the tank with them
if i stay in my own tank i will be ok.
Moderator cut: off-topic
stephen s
san diego ca

Last edited by Alpha8207; 10-30-2007 at 02:45 PM..

Old 10-30-2007, 02:08 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrantia View Post
I'll say it times three for me: "Never, never, NEVER!"

I'm ten times happier and at peace with myself after realizing I don't need or want a man in my life than I ever was before. That includes the times when I was in and out of any and all relationships...not only the Marriage From Hell.

Well.... upon serious and sober reflection I will admit that I would indeed make ONE and ONLY ONE exception to my Never Never Never Again Rule: If Hugh Laurie were to ask me out on a date, I would say yes. (alright, alright, who am I kidding? ... if Hugh Laurie were to ask me to have sex with him, my clothes couldn't hit the floor fast enough )

However, since neither of those scenarios will ever happen in this particular space/time continuum, my Never x3 Rule will continue to be written in granite.
The trick with having a successful relationship in the future, is by not repeating your past mistakes. Of course, don't date any men like your exes, but the point is, men are not alike. Anyway, I recommend that you consider a younger man as a potential future relationship partner. Or go for an older man. For some reason, men my same age are just annoying to go out with. Sort like a sibling rivalry thing going on. The dynamics of a relationship between partners that are of a different age are much better imo.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:28 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
I don't know if I will ever BE with someone again.... but I doubt that I will ever have a LTR. LOL

I'm pretty content most of the time and I have been unsuccessful in meeting someone who is passionate about life, yet not into drama. And the older I get, it seems the passion is seen in his waving an open cell phone at an Eagles reunion tour and the drama turns to neuroses.

Old 10-30-2007, 03:04 PM

169 posts, read 632,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
The trick with having a successful relationship in the future, is by not repeating your past mistakes. Of course, don't date any men like your exes, but the point is, men are not alike. Anyway, I recommend that you consider a younger man as a potential future relationship partner. Or go for an older man. For some reason, men my same age are just annoying to go out with. Sort like a sibling rivalry thing going on. The dynamics of a relationship between partners that are of a different age are much better imo.

Sorry, I'm laughing because the three biggest jerks I ever had the stupidity to get involved with were an older man and two younger men. (none were my ex)

Especially the younger men. There were just too few common ground life experiences (I was in my 40s at the time, one was in his late 20s and the other in his 30s) to build a good relationship on. The older man always gave me a sense of just wanting to recapture his youth. Ugh.

Trust me, the men in my relationship history were not all alike in either personality, age, or life experience.

"Never x3" Forever!

(By the way, I put the "never say never" into the same category as when people tell someone who says she doesn't like or doesn't feel that she wants children "You'll feel differently when it's your own". With all due respect, that's BS. Some people do feel differently afterward. Others find out the hard way that they do not.)

Old 10-30-2007, 03:53 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
I'm sorry that you struck out three times with your LTR's. But maybe you jumped into the relationship too quickly. Or maybe you're too nice and enabled all these men to take advantage of your kindness to become jerks. Just because three men did you wrong is no reason to write off all male companionship.

Old 10-30-2007, 04:27 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
My sister asked this of me on Sunday. I told her i didn't see why not. She said where will you meet him?

How do I know that, I thought. I told her...probably online.

I told her I would not be an old maid like the little old ladies who lived on our street when I was growing up. They were sisters and lived together...or were they? Hmm.

Anyways...
hmmmmm had two old maid twin sisters next to me one time.......Lucy......and Lucille......boyyyyyy was that wierd......

Old 10-30-2007, 05:37 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times
Not interested in having another man in my life....been there....done that.

I will not say "never", but the way I feel now the "never" word is how I feel about it.

Spent enough years in marriage to enjoy my solo time now, and it is well deserved. I love my emotional and physical freedom; love coming home from working all day and knowing there isn't some couch potato waiting for dinner...or anyone waiting for dinner, doesn't even have to be a tv addict. And, I especially love knowing that while I'm out earning the bread, someone else isn't out spending it!

And I don't like sleeping with someone...I like the bed to myself: no snoring, no blankets being pulled off, no one waking me up all through the night by tossing and turning.

So, there ya have it...I'm a happy gal!

And, we should each live our life the way that is is best for us. There are no rules here. I don't tell anyone else how to live their life and I expect the same respect in return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships