Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 11:46 AM

844 posts, read 1,657,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Married and taken women are MUCH more friendlier than single women.
Exactly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 12:04 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,314,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgrad2012 View Post
Thanks. Granted this is not your typical american marriage. As selfish as i sound, i feel like i just want to play around and know its ok by both parties..

All this being said, i would never want my wife to do that but i would establish this way beforehand.
Please define a typical American marriage.

Just wanting to play around and know it's okay by both parties does not necessarily equal something which is morally acceptable.

So, you do plan on having a wife someday? You also plan on establishing early on that you never want your wife to behave in such a manner? If this is how you view a marriage I don't know that I would want to tempt the fickle finger of fate by behaving in an opposite fashion of what you desire in a mate. Are you yourself planning on remaining faithful to your future bride to be?

You are young but hopefully you experienced an upbringing that you can reflect upon to allow you to contemplate this relationship before you do something you may regret. Just my two cents for this post.

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...

...the law of Karma, which means the way you treat this dimension, yourself, and the energy you send out, is exactly the kind of energy that will be returned to you.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:16 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
I dont know why people are talking about MORALS here all the time. OP, worst thing you can do is to take in count other peoples definition of "moral". Remember that for many people, homosexual marriage is "inmoral". Everyone haves its own definition of morals, and maybe someone thinks its inmoral to sleep with a married woman, and also thinks its inmoral for 2 people of the same sex to get married and...you get the picture.

Its not like you are asking our opinion in you killing someone.

Anyways i would put that "moral" crap aside and NOT DO IT (mess with a married woman) cause it will have bad consequences for you and everyone involved, not cause its "inmoral".

Old 04-20-2013, 12:27 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times
Married women are easier then single women

Old 04-20-2013, 12:57 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
I dont know why people are talking about MORALS here all the time. OP, worst thing you can do is to take in count other peoples definition of "moral". Remember that for many people, homosexual marriage is "inmoral". Everyone haves its own definition of morals, and maybe someone thinks its inmoral to sleep with a married woman, and also thinks its inmoral for 2 people of the same sex to get married and...you get the picture.

Anyways i would put that "moral" crap aside and NOT DO IT (mess with a married woman) cause it will have bad consequences for you and everyone involved, not cause its "inmoral".
The philosophy of morals is ethics. You have just advised the OP on an ethical action which is what morality is all about. Here is the best moral code of all, treat others as you would want them to treat you.

The question is then, if I were married would I want a single man to sleep with my wife?

BTW the word is immoral, not inmoral.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:09 PM

393 posts, read 466,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
The philosophy of morals is ethics. You have just advised the OP on an ethical action which is what morality is all about. Here is the best moral code of all, treat others as you would want them to treat you.

The question is then, if I were married would I want a single man to sleep with my wife?

BTW the word is immoral, not inmoral.
So since no one likes to be dumped, no one has the right to dump their partner?

Old 04-20-2013, 01:10 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post

You're joking right???

When people decide on a set of "agreements" and someone doesn't uphold those "agreements" that is a breach of trust.

You can call it whatever label makes you feel good, some call it morals, values, whatever....

The point is there will be a break in those agreements between her and her husband, assuming that they don't have an "open marriage" another "agreement".... you see the pattern here???

If you don't I'll spell it out.... once again, it comes down to someone not following through on their side, a break of the "agreement".....

That is where the label morals comes in to play...... others do have different ideas of morals... and they can be extended to include religious teachings......

The OP in this case doesn't have an "agreement" with this lady's husband.. I concur with that, but he is most certainly guilty of adding to the misery of another human being, and for me personally, that is a violation of my "agreements" with myself, or my own "morals".... this area is gray for a lot of people and a lot of people use this side of the argument to justify their own failings.....or simply get what they want without regards for others.....cause let's face it, if the OP really thought about how he'd feel in the same situation, he might have more empathy for the husband.

This stuff is ethics 101, and apparently a lot of people missed that class...

Let me ask you this, you get married, or you have an SO, and 'exclusive' relationship.

You come home from work and your SO is drilling your best friend to blue heaven.....in your guys bed....

Most certainly a break in the agreement you had, right???

In all things in life... if we simply flip the script and put our selves in the other person's position......

The Christians call this "do onto others... as you'd have done to you" Mathew 7:12

I'm not a Christian myself, but they do occasionally get things right....

Old 04-20-2013, 01:21 PM

393 posts, read 466,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You're joking right???

When people decide on a set of "agreements" and someone doesn't uphold those "agreements" that is a breach of trust.

You can call it whatever label makes you feel good, some call it morals, values, whatever....

The point is there will be a break in those agreements between her and her husband, assuming that they don't have an "open marriage" another "agreement".... you see the pattern here???

If you don't I'll spell it out.... once again, it comes down to someone not following through on their side, a break of the "agreement".....

That is where the label morals comes in to play...... others do have different ideas of morals... and they can be extended to include religious teachings......

The OP in this case doesn't have an "agreement" with this lady's husband.. I concur with that, but he is most certainly guilty of adding to the misery of another human being, and for me personally, that is a violation of my "agreements" with myself, or my own "morals".... this area is gray for a lot of people and a lot of people use this side of the argument to justify their own failings.....or simply get what they want without regards for others.....cause let's face it, if the OP really thought about how he'd feel in the same situation, he might have more empathy for the husband.

This stuff is ethics 101, and apparently a lot of people missed that class...

Let me ask you this, you get married, or you have an SO, and 'exclusive' relationship.

You come home from work and your SO is drilling your best friend to blue heaven.....in your guys bed....

Most certainly a break in the agreement you had, right???

In all things in life... if we simply flip the script and put our selves in the other person's position......

The Christians call this "do onto others... as you'd have done to you" Mathew 7:12

I'm not a Christian myself, but they do occasionally get things right....
Sounds like someone's full of bitterness...

Old 04-20-2013, 01:25 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
The Golden Rule is as old as time. This concept has been found in very ancient societies. It is the very fabric of how societies evolved and were able to function. It has as much credibility today as it did for the Ancient Babylonians, the Ancient Chinese, the Egyptians, Romans, Greeks, Indians etc.

Once we cease following this maxim we see chaos.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:27 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi64 View Post
Sounds like someone's full of bitterness...
LOL, whatever...I'm not speaking from personal experience. My tone might be harsh or whatever... I'm just sick of people doing whatever they want in life without regard to others' feelings.....

I think there's the underside of a rock waiting for you somewhere.....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships