Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 11:51 AM

24 posts, read 29,794 times

Advertisements

Hey guys i have conflicting emotions. To start off i am in my mid 20's and i am currently single. I met this married girl in her early 30's a couple of weeks ago and to make a long story short, we made out. We have kissed a couple of times since but we could brush it off because we were drunk. There has not been an incident where we kissed sober. We got to know each other and of course i find out she is not too happy with her marriage.

This may sound like a cliche story but she is not just an ordinary girl. She is from a foreign country and is just starting to learn the american culture. She acknowledged that her husband has cheated and they have a consensus that being with a significant other is not a threat to end there relationship.

So my question is what should i do exactly? She is easily the prettiest girl i have ever messed with and probably will ever mess around with. Should i swallow the guilty pill and proceed with becoming more sexual? Or should i do the politically correct this and just back away and cut contact. I like to flirt and i like to be seen with pretty girls. Not trying to sound like an alpha male of any sort, but that is just a natural trait of mine..

Any advice is appreciated and i will not feel bad about any ill-comments that is thrown my way...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 11:54 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
It's not about being politically correct, this is about being morally and ethically right. Don't mess around with married women, it's wrong. If she wants you that badly she'll divorce her husband and then she's a free agent.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:03 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
When she's divorced she is fair game. Otherwise stay the #### away.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
It's not about being politically correct, this is about being morally and ethically right. Don't mess around with married women, it's wrong. If she wants you that badly she'll divorce her husband and then she's a free agent.
Well it's not quite a emotional relationship where i want her to leave someone for me. I guess we can chalk it up as lust. I know it is morally and ethically wrong, but i am not quite sure how wrong it is if there is no extreme negative impact.

Question: If you were guaranteed a successful sexual relationship without being caught, would you attempt knowing a few years from now, it wont be on your conscious?

Old 04-19-2013, 12:07 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
^^^This.

You have no idea if she's telling the truth about her life. She could be a serial cheater with a loving husband who is unaware. She could have an STD. She could have 10 kids at home. You definitely don't know that she has an open marriage.

If she can cheat so easily, she's hardly a quality person, and probably has some emotional baggage she's carrying around that you don't need to get tangled up with. Emotionally healthy people don't behave like this.

OP, you don't paint yourself in a flattering light either, if what you care about is being seen by others with pretty girls, so hey, maybe this girl is right up your alley. Like attracts like...

Old 04-19-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
When she's divorced she is fair game. Otherwise stay the #### away.
Thanks. Granted this is not your typical american marriage. As selfish as i sound, i feel like i just want to play around and know its ok by both parties..

All this being said, i would never want my wife to do that but i would establish this way beforehand..

Old 04-19-2013, 12:08 PM

393 posts, read 466,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgrad2012 View Post
Hey guys i have conflicting emotions. To start off i am in my mid 20's and i am currently single. I met this married girl in her early 30's a couple of weeks ago and to make a long story short, we made out. We have kissed a couple of times since but we could brush it off because we were drunk. There has not been an incident where we kissed sober. We got to know each other and of course i find out she is not too happy with her marriage.

This may sound like a cliche story but she is not just an ordinary girl. She is from a foreign country and is just starting to learn the american culture. She acknowledged that her husband has cheated and they have a consensus that being with a significant other is not a threat to end there relationship.

So my question is what should i do exactly? She is easily the prettiest girl i have ever messed with and probably will ever mess around with. Should i swallow the guilty pill and proceed with becoming more sexual? Or should i do the politically correct this and just back away and cut contact. I like to flirt and i like to be seen with pretty girls. Not trying to sound like an alpha male of any sort, but that is just a natural trait of mine..

Any advice is appreciated and i will not feel bad about any ill-comments that is thrown my way...
Do what you want. If you want to have a sexual relationship with her, do so. It's a free country. The morality of it is a matter of opinion, not fact. That's something you have to decide for yourself. If you feel you wouldn't enjoy doing it, then don't. If you would enjoy doing it and want to, then go for it.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
^^^This.

You have no idea if she's telling the truth about her life. She could be a serial cheater with a loving husband who is unaware. She could have an STD. She could have 10 kids at home. You definitely don't know that she has an open marriage.

If she can cheat so easily, she's hardly a quality person, and probably has some emotional baggage she's carrying around that you don't need to get tangled up with. Emotionally healthy people don't behave like this.

OP, you don't paint yourself in a flattering light either, if what you care about is being seen by others with pretty girls, so hey, maybe this girl is right up your alley. Like attracts like...
Appreciate the comment. I know her well enough to know she does not have kids at home or an STD. I have reasons to believe she is as normal as possible. I agree with your statement on cheating and no way condone it. I can see i made myself look and i apologize. I just want to live life where i look back and can laugh about it and say i been through stuff. I obviously do not want to live with regret...

Old 04-19-2013, 12:10 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgrad2012 View Post
Well it's not quite a emotional relationship where i want her to leave someone for me. I guess we can chalk it up as lust. I know it is morally and ethically wrong, but i am not quite sure how wrong it is if there is no extreme negative impact.

Question: If you were guaranteed a successful sexual relationship without being caught, would you attempt knowing a few years from now, it wont be on your conscious?

No extreme negative impact for whom??? How you feel about it is not how everyone else in the situation would feel about it. And why wouldn't it be on your conscience? Are you a sociopath?

You can have a successful sexual relationship without having to get involved with a married woman. My guess is you're just caught up in the thrill of it all, and it's blinding you to reality.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi64 View Post
Do what you want. If you want to have a sexual relationship with her, do so. It's a free country. The morality of it is a matter of opinion, not fact. That's something you have to decide for yourself. If you feel you wouldn't enjoy doing it, then don't. If you would enjoy doing it and want to, then go for it.
Thanks for the view. I guess that breaks it down as simple as possible. It pretty much is all a matter of opinion and is subjective..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships