Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 08:30 AM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post
This is your personal issue not mine, should you not feel comforted by my post based on my personal experience? Then so be it.
I find threads like this ridiculous simply because one is basically bashing a gender or "certain types of women" whom have certain preferences and they do not fit this preference..
It is like crying over spilled milk...
I thought my post was pretty self explanatory...
It is impossible to think that one individual will be everyone's cup of tea...
I think that threads like this hold a sense of entitlement to them...
In this case it is height...
To the shorter man he feels that women whom only date men whom are taller are "shallow" and because these women gravitate towards taller men are superficial and cannot see past the height of a man to how great he is...?
They take this as an insult and instead of looking at it from a mature stand point they go around with a chip on the shoulder bashing on women whom over look them simply because of their height status INSTEAD...
of viewing it as that this particular woman or women are not into "shorter" men, this does not detract from who they are as a person, a person can be wonderful, great have the best qualities but this does not mean that they are going to be great for everyone...
I stated I.E's and I see how you overlooked the reality of it...

I think this is ridiculous...
So in your opinion? The woman who holds height as a preference automatically is shallow and this is the most shallow preference a person can have? It seems as if you have overlooked my I.E's as well, how convenient.
Not worth the time and effort, really wow...
So what say you to the men that over look a woman because she is "big" "Full figured" to not so nice names "Fatty" What if she is the kindest person in the world, the kind of woman who would be loyal to till the end of time, who would value you to the up most extent? Is this not shallow as well?
The reality that the buck stops when some men see that a woman is big?
But this is not shallow right?
Why can't be adults? And admit that we all have preferences and acknowledge that others hold preferences as well..? The only difference is some people have the guts to admit they have preferences instead of sugar coating crap with a barrage of excuses!

I am right there with you Jet...
I am 5'6.5 and I have had guys tell me that they are use to dating women shorter than me and they usually go for 5'1-5'2...
Or guys that have told me they have mostly dated girls with huge boobs, well I am not going to get a boob job for any man..I am a big C cup not that is really needed info but just so you get the jist.. Or guys that state that they usually go for women with long straight black hair..they love long hair, well I have shoulder length wavy black hair that I do not like to grow very long..
Or girls with big booty's, like big...
Do I get butt hurt? Absolutely not...I think "Ok, I am not your cup of tea" so keep moving..
I do not bash these men simply because they "prefer" something that I do not possess because I know that I will be perfect for someone else...
You do not see me making threads as to why some men like this or that and not me, boo-hoo..thats life...wipe your nose, cut your losses and look for that person who is going to like you for who you are without having a sense of entitlement and taking it so personal..

Exactly...I am a shallow b-i-t-c-h...totally laughable because I consider myself pretty laid back, I just know what I like and I am not confused about it and I am not afraid to say ir...

How is she a cry baby? What she stated was an absolute truth as it applies to some men..
You are damned if you do and damned if you don't...

Toxic? It depends on where you are sitting on the topics and what part you play in them as well as what biases you hold, so therefore you must be as guilty as everyone else if we are handing out judgements, correct? There are no just as bads...
I hold this in varying degrees.
A man posting pics of a woman that seems perfect in his eyes and holds every woman to her standards? A little harsh however these are his preferences..
Woman who state that penis size matters to them and they prefer a larger man?
A little harsh but these are her personal opinions..
EVERYONE has preferences the difference? Is that some people are not afraid to state them and others ***** foot around and state excuses as to why they do not like a certain thing, it is politics of sort..
Can a man really make an excuse as to why he likes large breasts instead of smaller ones?
Can a woman really rationalize why they like a man with a full head of hair instead of a bald guy?
These things cannot be changed unless money is invested to alter or enhance however these are all the same thing...
People like what they like for personal reasons and they reserve the right to hold these preferences without someone else judging them...
I seriously do not understand why some people waste so much negative energy dwelling on what others do not like and focus on finding the people who are attracted to them?
I do not understand why some people pass judgement on others who know exactly what they like instead of focusing on themselves and finding people who LIKE them..?
Can you answer this for me?

I agree...5'9 is the typical average for men in the USA.
5'6 is considered the average height for women in the USA...
Not 5'6. 5'7, 5'8.
Embrace who you are, find and focus on someone who is interested in this and do not worry about the rest and do not pass judgment on those who do not.. Really?
I misunderstood you i thought you were already going out with the guy then decided to dump him because you were taller in heels my mistake.

I still think you overreacted to the op..all i got from the op is that even certain women who prefer tall men will date a short guy if shes really into him..

I didnt get the vibe at all that he was killing women for their preferences and how shallow and mean they are..you took that out of the thin air it seems..

Old 04-21-2013, 08:31 AM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, I was just making kind of a wry point, too. You're right, there are guys who think it's humanly impossible to be interested in women without major curves. There are all kinds out there, just like there are all kinds of women: some who require a certain height, and others who don't think it's important. Moral of the story: there's hope for pretty much everyone!
That's the thing. I'm not going to lie and say that dating will be super easy for guys who are shorter than average, but at the same time, most of the shorter guys I know are married or in relationships. Like with anyone of any body type, you're not going to be attractive to everyone, but you're going to be attractive to the subset of people who matter.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:50 AM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,450 times
I think its much harder online for men where theyre simply a number..

Online datign and these forums kind of exaggerate short mens plight..If you listen to men and women here 95% are only attracteded to tall men.. short men=obese women and for a short guy to attract a women he must be extremely perfect in every other way to get a shot and its just not the case..

Old 04-21-2013, 09:08 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Being a short man is like being a fat woman

Not even close. A fat woman can get off her butt and lose weight if she wanted to, a man that's short is sh*t out of luck. He can't make himself grow taller.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:11 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Not even close. A fat woman can get off her butt and lose weight if she wanted to, a man that's short is sh*t out of luck. He can't make himself grow taller.

Not to mention there are several dating sites geared toward fat women

Old 04-21-2013, 09:18 AM

213 posts, read 376,817 times
I agree with the OP. I'm 5' tall and I would generally be attracted to tall men. However, when I met my husband (5'6" tall) I immediately was attracted to him. Not because of his looks, money or status. He was just the nicest guy I had ever met.

So what I said I preferred and what I ended up were two different things.

Moral of the story: Short guys have no fear, you can win a women over by your personality!

Old 04-21-2013, 09:21 AM

338 posts, read 741,136 times
I'm 5'3, and I'm 20, so I guess I won't grow any more. I turn 21 in August, when I OFFICIALLY stop growing, and I don't think I'll grow an inch in 4 months.

A lot of people online have told me that I'm done growing. I might as well kill myself, because I'll never get married or have a girlfriend.

My mom says I was 6 weeks premature. Could THAT have affected my height?

Old 04-21-2013, 09:52 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhornsfan87 View Post
I'm 5'3, and I'm 20, so I guess I won't grow any more. I turn 21 in August, when I OFFICIALLY stop growing, and I don't think I'll grow an inch in 4 months.

A lot of people online have told me that I'm done growing. I might as well kill myself, because I'll never get married or have a girlfriend.

My mom says I was 6 weeks premature. Could THAT have affected my height?
Dude...
Go to the doctor
This is not the right place to be asking these types of questions

Old 04-21-2013, 09:53 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhornsfan87 View Post

Don't be so bloody daft. Throughout a long life I've known plenty of very happily married and otherwise very successful men who happen to be shorter than average. Real people don't give a rat's patootie about your height but if it's accompanied by a miserable attitude then forget it. And in whose book does it say that the magic age of 21 is when you officially stop growing? You need to get out more, kiddo!

Old 04-21-2013, 09:54 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
I remember that and it's so sweet and gentlemanly of you to divulge her name - again. Your height compared to hers really had nothing to do with her declining the date but it was a very nice and polite let-down from someone with manners.

Because what she did was just WRONG.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships