Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 08:46 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,640,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GINGERSNAP1963 View Post
That does sound like fun. Cucumber frozen yogurt eek. I know they are now marketing all kinds of weird sounding ice creams and frozen yogurts but none of them sound good to me. I love those places where you can pour your own out of a large variety into a large cup and add whatever toppings you like. I always get too much though and feel like a pig afterwards.

Which kind did you have? Burrito w/ salsa frozen yogurt?
I just had plain salted caramel. Simple.

They also had tomato basil.

Why on earth would you want tomato basil frozen yogurt? I'm totally getting it next time I go there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 08:47 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,233,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I'm more of a frog than a prince, unfortunately.

But, I think that kind of fun has pretty much ended for me.
Frogs can be pretty majestic creatures.

...The best looking ones are poisonous though, that's why no one wants to come near them.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:01 PM

469 posts, read 566,901 times
One of the funniest dates I've been on recently my SO and I went out with friends to Unser racing ! It's a blast drifting a super fast go cart (40+ mph) through hairpin turns and the thrill of passing everyone! It was fun getting all geared up with the "stylish" helmets, racing suits, gloves, even a do-rag that goes under the helmets lol. It's fun and awesome to pass grown men and watch them crash or spin them out causing them to do a 180 lol and a yellow flag to come out! This place gives everyone a printout of the race results: lap times, position, top rpm, etc. it was such a blast and everyone had such a great time!

Old 04-19-2013, 09:11 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
My favorite memories from before I was married to my husband aren't really "dates." Here are a few of them (oh - and they are all with my husband - just before we were married. I have great memories after getting married, too - I just think the ones before we are married are more relevant to this thread!) -
1) Him pretending to try to throw me off the pier after Thanksgiving dinner in Galvaston, TX while we were on tour.
2) Hiding out in the closet of a conference room in a hotel because we kept trying to find a place to just sit and talk but the security guard kept trying to get us to go back to our rooms. We had separate rooms and didn't feel like saying good night yet! Oh - I guess these first two are actually from before we were really dating... But they are so special to me!
3) Me catching the last train to DC from NYC during one of the huge snow storms years ago. His hotel was a couple miles from the train station - but after seeing the hundreds of people waiting for the 1 or 2 cabs that were still driving around, I decided to walk. He decided to walk and meet me. The streets were totally deserted because of all the snow and you had to walk in the street because you couldn't even tell where the sidewalks were! We met in the middle of a street, embraced, kissed, he took my backpack, and then we walked back hand in hand to the hotel. Well, walked isn't exactly the right term. Slipped, slid, and trudged is more like it! It was one of the most fun and romantic moments of my life!

None of these were planned and none of them cost a cent!

Old 04-19-2013, 09:13 PM

472 posts, read 570,921 times
The most fun I ever had on a date? There's no way I can keep it PG-13.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:29 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
I think the best was an adventure into the hills. Later the night I cooked supper. We ended up out on the flatbed of my pickup under the start on an early fall night.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:31 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,516,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMyself73 View Post
One of the funniest dates I've been on recently my SO and I went out with friends to Unser racing ! It's a blast drifting a super fast go cart (40+ mph) through hairpin turns and the thrill of passing everyone! It was fun getting all geared up with the "stylish" helmets, racing suits, gloves, even a do-rag that goes under the helmets lol. It's fun and awesome to pass grown men and watch them crash or spin them out causing them to do a 180 lol and a yellow flag to come out! This place gives everyone a printout of the race results: lap times, position, top rpm, etc. it was such a blast and everyone had such a great time!
I love go-cart riding too. I also want to do what they have where I live, they probably do where you do too, is when you can either ride shotgun with an actual race car driver in a race car or drive it yourself!!!! Whoopie.

I'm going to look around to see if we have those fast go carts too. That would be so much fun.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
My favorite memories from before I was married to my husband aren't really "dates." Here are a few of them (oh - and they are all with my husband - just before we were married. I have great memories after getting married, too - I just think the ones before we are married are more relevant to this thread!) -
1) Him pretending to try to throw me off the pier after Thanksgiving dinner in Galvaston, TX while we were on tour.
2) Hiding out in the closet of a conference room in a hotel because we kept trying to find a place to just sit and talk but the security guard kept trying to get us to go back to our rooms. We had separate rooms and didn't feel like saying good night yet! Oh - I guess these first two are actually from before we were really dating... But they are so special to me!
3) Me catching the last train to DC from NYC during one of the huge snow storms years ago. His hotel was a couple miles from the train station - but after seeing the hundreds of people waiting for the 1 or 2 cabs that were still driving around, I decided to walk. He decided to walk and meet me. The streets were totally deserted because of all the snow and you had to walk in the street because you couldn't even tell where the sidewalks were! We met in the middle of a street, embraced, kissed, he took my backpack, and then we walked back hand in hand to the hotel. Well, walked isn't exactly the right term. Slipped, slid, and trudged is more like it! It was one of the most fun and romantic moments of my life!

None of these were planned and none of them cost a cent!
Awe that does sound like a lot of fun. I love the meeting each other in the middle of the street. So romantic.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I think the best was an adventure into the hills. Later the night I cooked supper. We ended up out on the flatbed of my pickup under the start on an early fall night.
That does sound great. I so enjoy the outdoors myself and watching the stars from the bed of a pick up truck.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Frogs can be pretty majestic creatures.

...The best looking ones are poisonous though, that's why no one wants to come near them.
That was so sweet HurricaneKid and you're right they are majestic creatures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships