Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 05:47 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InNeedOfAdvice View Post
Well I did go to the game and I had a good time

Decided to just go with the flow and try to stop over thinking things so much all the time.. :P

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 10:11 AM

149 posts, read 206,685 times
Ok, so I just had to mention this one thing that happened after the game...

So after grabbing a bite to eat afterwards, I told him he could drop me off at the train station 5 minutes away (I don't drive and live about 45 minutes from him). He asked me if I was sure and ok with that because it was so late (11:30ish). I asked if he knew if the trains stopped running after a certain time, etc. and he proceeds to say he doesn't know..and that if I was unsure we could get a room for the night and he could take me home in the morning.

I was kinda surprised/confused as to why he'd offer a room over simply driving me home. Lol.
He stays with his sister and her husband and kids so its not like we could've stayed at his place...I was just a little taken aback that he would suggest spending the night together anywhere so soon...? I was thinking this guy would've been a little more along the lines of possible 'boyfriend material' but maybe he also is actually just looking for fwb like most guys..?

Old 04-22-2013, 10:41 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:

So after grabbing a bite to eat afterwards, I told him he could drop me off at the train station 5 minutes away (I don't drive and live about 45 minutes from him). He asked me if I was sure and ok with that because it was so late (11:30ish). I asked if he knew if the trains stopped running after a certain time, etc. and he proceeds to say he doesn't know..and that if I was unsure we could get a room for the night and he could take me home in the morning.

I was kinda surprised/confused as to why he'd offer a room over simply driving me home. Lol.
He stays with his sister and her husband and kids so its not like we could've stayed at his place...I was just a little taken aback that he would suggest spending the night together anywhere so soon...? I was thinking this guy would've been a little more along the lines of possible 'boyfriend material' but maybe he also is actually just looking for fwb like most guys..?

It's not "like most guys". Most guys are not just looking for friends with benefits and one night stands.

Another thing, most guys don't have some sort of fantasy about waiting for the perfect moment for sex. We don't care about that.

You're overthinking again. Stop. Take things at the pace you want to take them and go from there. I haven't seen anything that would be a sign of bad intentions..

Old 04-22-2013, 11:00 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
I would have been a little put off at him suggesting a hotel room on the 2nd date, but if he was otherwise a gentleman and wasn't pushy when you said no to the hotel offer, then I'd give him another chance.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I would have been a little put off at him suggesting a hotel room on the 2nd date, but if he was otherwise a gentleman and wasn't pushy when you said no to the hotel offer, then I'd give him another chance.
Yeah....like I said I was pretty taken aback...not enough to write him off or anything, just made me a little suspicious that's all. And once I said no he was like 'ok' and that was the end of it so...

Old 04-22-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
It's not "like most guys". Most guys are not just looking for friends with benefits and one night stands.

Another thing, most guys don't have some sort of fantasy about waiting for the perfect moment for sex. We don't care about that.

You're overthinking again. Stop. Take things at the pace you want to take them and go from there. I haven't seen anything that would be a sign of bad intentions..
You're right about everything lol....

Old 04-22-2013, 07:53 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,809,602 times
Quote:

You don't drive and had planned to take the train, so he probably thought that you knew the schedule. When you were unsure about the train's schedule, your planned mode of transportation, it probably led him to believe that you wanted to spend the night with him.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:54 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
I am nervous..I tried to explain earlier that I feel like I have anxiety..
Is it possible to convince yourself that the anxiety you feel is actually excitement? They feel similar, but one is positive and one is negative.

I was a WRECK when I first started dating (same service) after my husband passes. I had to mess with my own head a lot to get out there. /lol
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-22-2013, 09:22 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,471,880 times
Quote:
So I've been on Match for a little while now and decided to upgrade my account to see what's out there...

I started talking to this one guy on there for a couple of weeks and he seemed sweet. So we exchanged numbers and text everyday for another week or so. Then we go out for the first time a week ago and I had a blast. We just went out for some Latin food and dancing and it ended up being one of the best dates I've ever been on cuz he was so sweet and fun, and it didn't hurt that the food and drinks were awesome, plus he was so fun about showing me how to salsa :P. I admittedly have 2 left feet so I appreciated his patience lol. He was basically a real breath of fresh air compared to the men I've been out with recently...

I was already nervous about meeting him, and I think it's because I'm black and he's not...there was some nervous ness about that but I think it was only on my part and definitely not his. So he asks me to go to a baseball game with him today and im nervous about it! Why? Well, I think part of it is because we haven't talked on the phone at all yet. We text daily but I still feel like I'd like more one on one time with him before going to an event where I'll be surrounded by a bunch of people he knows that I don't... :/ I mean, we're supposed to be tailgating so I know it'll be a large group of people.

I actually want to cancel but think that would be rude. Am I the only one who would be nervous in such a scenario...???
I understand that you are nervous, but don't cancel. He may be purposely planning dates like this thinking you (and maybe himself too) will be more comfortable with other people around. Maybe at the end of the date you can suggest a few ideas for dates that you would prefer.

Old 04-23-2013, 03:15 PM

766 posts, read 1,657,718 times
I get nervous in situations like that too. It's a large group of people you don't know and you'll be with someone you don't know well.

I hope you decide to go. The last couple years I just force myself to go anyway. Usually I end up having a great time and wondering why I was stressing so much.

I think it's normal to be anxious when that's your personality type, but I'm sure you'll be fine. I haven't read the whole thread but I hope there's an update.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships