Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 09:27 AM

149 posts, read 206,685 times

Advertisements

So I've been on Match for a little while now and decided to upgrade my account to see what's out there...

I started talking to this one guy on there for a couple of weeks and he seemed sweet. So we exchanged numbers and text everyday for another week or so. Then we go out for the first time a week ago and I had a blast. We just went out for some Latin food and dancing and it ended up being one of the best dates I've ever been on cuz he was so sweet and fun, and it didn't hurt that the food and drinks were awesome, plus he was so fun about showing me how to salsa :P. I admittedly have 2 left feet so I appreciated his patience lol. He was basically a real breath of fresh air compared to the men I've been out with recently...

I was already nervous about meeting him, and I think it's because I'm black and he's not...there was some nervous ness about that but I think it was only on my part and definitely not his. So he asks me to go to a baseball game with him today and im nervous about it! Why? Well, I think part of it is because we haven't talked on the phone at all yet. We text daily but I still feel like I'd like more one on one time with him before going to an event where I'll be surrounded by a bunch of people he knows that I don't... :/ I mean, we're supposed to be tailgating so I know it'll be a large group of people.

I actually want to cancel but think that would be rude. Am I the only one who would be nervous in such a scenario...???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 09:32 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,514,801 times
Honey, exactly why are you nervous is the question I want to ask?

Sounds like he is enjoying your company too, besides men are not that talkative and might plan things where there is little or no communication. They like sports. I would go and just have fun. You can see how he acts around his friends to see if he is a nice guy. If he acts mean in any sort of way you will know he's not for you after all right? Plus they'll surely give you hints as the type of man he is in their conversations, especially the SO of his male friends. So go and have fun.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GINGERSNAP1963 View Post
Honey, exactly why are you nervous is the question I want to ask?

Sounds like he is enjoying your company too, besides men are not that talkative and might plan things where there is little or no communication. They like sports. I would go and just have fun. You can see how he acts around his friends to see if he is a nice guy. If he acts mean in any sort of way you will know he's not for you after all right? Plus they'll surely give you hints as the type of man he is in their conversations, especially the SO of his male friends. So go and have fun.
Why am I nervous..? Well because its just my personality. I get nervous about everything lol But particularly social situations...I don't necessarily like big groups of people I don't know...I'm an introvert and also pretty shy/slow to open up to others. He'll, I almost cancelled the first date cuz I was nervous about dancing lol

Old 04-20-2013, 09:39 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,602,346 times
THe only way to get over this type of anxiety is to challenge it head on, every opportunity you get. You dont have to be a shrink or a therapist to know this. If youre anxious in social situations, get your butt out there and be social. There is no magic pill to fix this, and while it may be uncomfortable at times, remember "life begins just outside your comfort zone".

Old 04-20-2013, 09:41 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
THe only way to get over this type of anxiety is to challenge it head on, every opportunity you get. You dont have to be a shrink or a therapist to know this. If youre anxious in social situations, get your butt out there and be social. There is no magic pill to fix this, and while it may be uncomfortable at times, remember "life begins just outside your comfort zone".
I don't typically do this, but I agree with Ascension.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:16 AM

1,505 posts, read 1,809,602 times
Wear a cute outfit, smile a lot and enjoy. It is good for you that he wants to take you around his friends so soon. You will learn a lot about him. It is tailgating, not a house party... Go and have fun.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:21 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
You have nothing to fear, but fear itself.

And spiders.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
You have nothing to fear, but fear itself.

And spiders.
Yeah, spiders are pretty scary too lol

Old 04-20-2013, 11:03 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,345,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I agree. The unknown is our greatest fear. Once you confront/experience that "fear", you'll be more comfortable the next time. The only way to advance in life is to take the challenges head on.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:06 AM

1,479 posts, read 2,718,491 times
Why do people pay for Match.com when Plenty of Fish.com is free?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships