Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 05:55 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,165,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Awesome dude, when did you start dating this one?
A couple of weeks ago, we've been out on three dates so far, and it's gone really well.

Old 04-21-2013, 05:55 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,087,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Is this REALLY the caliber of men on dating sites? Seriously, if someone opened up with a line like that I'd delete and ignore.

I;m sue if you was attracted to him you would think him asking for a kiss was cute

Old 04-21-2013, 05:57 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,965,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't know much about dating site as I've been in a LTR for a while now and haven't had the need for a dating website. One thing that does sort of jump out is whether or not they are a pay service. I would imagine the free site would get the most nuttiest of the nutty... I would think pay sites would help to weed out some of the weirdos.... IDK.... maybe I'm wrong.

That's like saying there are less creepy guys at a nicer bar. It's not the case.

Whether you're on a dating site, bar, bookstore, library, internet, bus, train or airplane.. there are going to be a cool people and some weird ass people.

That's life.

Old 04-21-2013, 05:58 PM
FBJ

Quote:
that's like saying there are less creepy guys at a nicer bar. It's not the case.

Whether you're on a dating site, bar, bookstore, library, internet, bus, train or airplane.. There are going to be a cool people and some weird ass people.

That's life.

quote of the month

Old 04-21-2013, 06:00 PM

52,348 posts, read 52,808,634 times
Quote:
That's like saying there are less creepy guys at a nicer bar. It's not the case.

Whether you're on a dating site, bar, bookstore, library, internet, bus, train or airplane.. there are going to be a cool people and some weird ass people.

That's life.
I agree, there are gonna be nutty people everywhere you go....... but I still stand by the money/cost thing weeding some people out ....just in the general sense.....

Old 04-21-2013, 06:05 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,965,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I agree, there are gonna be nutty people everywhere you go....... but I still stand by the money/cost thing weeding some people out ....just in the general sense.....

Yeah, you could be right on that one.

I think the problem with the paid sites though, is while you might weed out some of the creeps, you also weed out some of the people who do just fine dating in real life also.

The people who do fine in public situations, but then want to just have their dating site up aren't going to want to pay for something they can do just as easily walking to the library on a Thursday afternoon. My guess is that with a paid site, you might have some more serious people, but maybe also less attractive and more clingy?

End of the day though, you're still going to see everything Everybody funneh

Old 04-21-2013, 06:35 PM

1,092 posts, read 3,440,498 times
My impression is that you have no respect for the genre of poetry--a serious literary form.

It's disturbing on many levels.

The only woman this would appeal to is one looking for clients...

Old 04-21-2013, 06:38 PM

1,203 posts, read 4,088,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Is this REALLY the caliber of men on dating sites? Seriously, if someone opened up with a line like that I'd delete and ignore.
Think about it this way - a guy can send 30 quick messages like that in a short period of time. Chances are one of them might respond. It's an easy way to find a ONS. If that's all a guy is looking for, that's a nice way to do it with minimal effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
It sure seems like it. The girl I'm currently dating has told me that this is the norm for messages that she received, and she isn't only one. And that's pretty grammatically sound for one of these messages, they usually go like this: "Hay qtpie wana bang?" Guys like this really make it difficult for all the other normal guys online.
Isn't it just the opposite? If you send a message that actually talks about one of the girl's interests and uses proper grammar, wouldn't that put you ahead of most of the messages she gets?

Old 04-21-2013, 06:51 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by raveabouttoast View Post
Think about it this way - a guy can send 30 quick messages like that in a short period of time. Chances are one of them might respond. It's an easy way to find a ONS. If that's all a guy is looking for, that's a nice way to do it with minimal effort.

Isn't it just the opposite? If you send a message that actually talks about one of the girl's interests and uses proper grammar, wouldn't that put you ahead of most of the messages she gets?

No because she would consider it boring

Old 04-21-2013, 06:57 PM

1,203 posts, read 4,088,183 times
That's fine with me. I don't think I'd want to date a girl that thinks "Hay qtpie wana bang?" is an fun, creative message anyways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships