U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 01:47 PM

2,467 posts, read 3,931,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
There of course no right or wrong answer to this question but if I were with a spouse who showed no interest in seeing where I work and hearing about my day at work I would likely be seeing a divorce attorney!
To each their own, but there's a difference between having a desire to hear about your spouse's day at work and wanting seeing where he/she works.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 02:09 PM

19,109 posts, read 28,792,085 times
Well, he wouldn't be able to see where I work considering it's in a restricted area. Plus, not a lot of people want to hang out at airports if they don't have to

I'd be very interested in seeing where my SO worked, even if it was 'inconvenient' to see.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:48 PM

977 posts, read 1,703,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Yes, they spend a lot of time there. So what? Your spouse spends a lot of time on the can too... do you want to be there for that as well?
LOL.

If it's close to where the house is or where work is, sure, but not going out of my way to do so.

Sort of related to this: It's funny to see people post pics of their kids and pets on the cube wall yet there is no pic of the spouse. Kinda makes you wonder if subconciously they are embarassed of their spouse's looks.

Old 04-22-2013, 04:30 PM

318 posts, read 524,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
To each their own, but there's a difference between having a desire to hear about your spouse's day at work and wanting seeing where he/she works.
I see them as the same thing. Love is curiosity about your spouse.

Old 04-22-2013, 04:46 PM

1,637 posts, read 2,917,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Well, he wouldn't be able to see where I work considering it's in a restricted area. Plus, not a lot of people want to hang out at airports if they don't have to

I'd be very interested in seeing where my SO worked, even if it was 'inconvenient' to see.
I can't take pictures at work either. It's really kind of a bummer.

Old 04-22-2013, 04:46 PM

16,408 posts, read 28,752,309 times
Unless there's something interesting about it.. it seems weird to visit.

My dad showed my mom his workplace because he works with huge machines that are pretty cool. I don't think my dad ever went in for a work visit day to see a cubicle for my mom though lol.... She has work parties that he can go to ..

Old 04-22-2013, 04:54 PM

10,762 posts, read 22,290,915 times
My husband occasionally visits me at work because it's fairly casual and it doesn't disrupt the flow. If I worked in a busy corporate office, it might not be quite as appropriate. He's the sort who'd like to see my cube, if I had one, though he's very formal and wouldn't show up uninvited.

Old 04-22-2013, 04:58 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,457,843 times
Quote:
Which side are you on. Me with my natural curiosity about my wife's work world and environment, or my relatives who think visiting their spouses office is crazy and unnecessary?
I understand why you are interested. Because you love her. I understand completely. Why would a person leave out the one who cares about him/her the most? Why not share those things?

Old 04-22-2013, 05:04 PM

5,655 posts, read 4,784,906 times
I see where my wife works pretty regularly, I always phone before appearing though. If she's busy the last thing she needs is me making the place look untidy.

She owns the business and I know most of her staff by name (or nickname, i'm crap at names) and getting in isn't an issue as I employed the security... ... and i'm the bosses husband which probably helps.

Last edited by Baldrick; 04-22-2013 at 05:37 PM.. Reason: "SQUIRREL!".. did you see that?.. i'm sure it.. "SQUIRREL!"

Old 04-22-2013, 05:24 PM

44,255 posts, read 58,892,337 times
Quote:
There of course no right or wrong answer to this question but if I were with a spouse who showed no interest in seeing where I work and hearing about my day at work I would likely be seeing a divorce attorney!
Riiiiiiiiiiight...and this isn't about ME ME ME?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships