Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 08:12 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,097,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
We've been together about 8 months now and I was being dropped off at the airport by him this morning. As we kissed goodbye I told him I loved him... He didn't say it back ot me. he just said nothing...than I said "did u hear me?" and he goes "yeah I heard you" and laughed.... and then I quickly got out of his car to get my bags before any awkwardness ensued. . . I said bye one more time and just walked my bags away...

I gotta admit I feel a little hurt by it. I thought long and hard about it. I really feel as if this is love. He makes me feel like he loves me.
What do u think this means?

I can't help but feel a little sad about it.

I'm not going to press the issue any further, but it was something I HAD to get off my chest. I have been feeling this way for so long now...and I just had to say it to him. I do love him and he didnt say it back.....now im like

but im still gonna just act as if nothings changed and press on I guess? what should I do?
It probably means he's not at that level yet. I don't understand when women ask this question, do women want men to lie to them and say that they love?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 08:13 AM

10,567 posts, read 12,763,590 times
He probably did not "say it back" because he could not bring himself to say what he does not feel. I love you - is sweet but it also means commitment. Maybe he just LOVES having sex with you?

Old 04-23-2013, 08:15 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,838,709 times
After 8 months, and he's "just Not that into you."??? If it were me, I would end it, in fact, it would have already been over before this. He's not going to change his mind if you wait a year or two. Find someone who cares about you.

8,227 posts, read 11,097,072 times
Quote:
does anyone else agree that after 8 months that if he's not feeling it by now, then he's never gonna feel it??

Or should I just give it time and continue on and.....see what happens. I just feel like "why do I feel such intense love and he doesn't?"... "maybe I have this relationship all wrong" "damn, could I be that dumb"

ugh, a million thoughts like that. suuuucks.
No I don't agree, 8 months in a realationship is nothing. Just take it slow. What's the rush, are you on some type of timeline?

42,763 posts, read 52,675,984 times
Ok Op you need to relax. Men are not good at showing verbal emotion. Think about his actions. Does he show you love? Tender, caring, loving ways.No I don't mean just sex. Does he make sure your happy? Does he help you out? Does he talk to you right? Not just men many women show that they care through actions.

Remember actions are stronger than words.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:16 AM

35,095 posts, read 50,966,863 times
Quote:
We've been together about 8 months now and I was being dropped off at the airport by him this morning. As we kissed goodbye I told him I loved him... He didn't say it back ot me. he just said nothing...than I said "did u hear me?" and he goes "yeah I heard you" and laughed.... and then I quickly got out of his car to get my bags before any awkwardness ensued. . . I said bye one more time and just walked my bags away...

I gotta admit I feel a little hurt by it. I thought long and hard about it. I really feel as if this is love. He makes me feel like he loves me.
What do u think this means?

I can't help but feel a little sad about it.

I'm not going to press the issue any further, but it was something I HAD to get off my chest. I have been feeling this way for so long now...and I just had to say it to him. I do love him and he didnt say it back.....now im like

but im still gonna just act as if nothings changed and press on I guess? what should I do?

So you felt the need to share your feelings for him and did not feel the need to share them back. Don't be surprised if he does not pick you up at the airport. Eight months of dating does not mean he is in love with you and should feel the pressure to say it even if he is.

The awkwardness already ensued when you asked him "did you hear me", if you really felt the need to tell him you love him you should have left it at that and NOT asked him if he heard you.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:40 AM

10,194 posts, read 17,735,000 times
Quote:
does anyone else agree that after 8 months that if he's not feeling it by now, then he's never gonna feel it??

Or should I just give it time and continue on and.....see what happens. I just feel like "why do I feel such intense love and he doesn't?"... "maybe I have this relationship all wrong" "damn, could I be that dumb"

ugh, a million thoughts like that. suuuucks.
Well, you don't know that he doesn't love you. For starters, feeling it and saying it are two different things. Secondly, you sprung it on him at a time when you couldn't discuss it further, in public as you were practically walking away. Maybe he just wasn't expecting it and it made him uncomfortable, maybe he didn't want to say it for the first time in public - that doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't love you. You need to have a conversation about it first before you decide to end it just because he didn't immediately say "I love you" back.

But no, I don't necessarily agree that someone should be in love after only 8 months or they never will be. And yes, I said "only 8 months". Consider the fact that you have only been together for less than a year. It's even less than the time it takes to have a baby! I am not trying to trivialize your relationship and it doesn't mean he doesn't deeply care about you or that he won't come to love you, it just means that he is being cautious with his emotions, which is not unwise.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:44 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,267,001 times
Let it sink in. Then have a discussion about it - no pressure, just a discussion. At 36, I think 8 months of exclusive dating is plenty of time to get a handle on the relationship for a mature adult. But you sound younger. So don't panic. Don't get offended. Don't feel hurt before you even know what's going on in his head. Just open the topic up for discussion, and be prepared to accept that he might not feel the same.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:46 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,050,873 times
Saying it first is always a risk.

Don't jump to conclusions. He may love you or he may not. Let him have some time (a few days to a few weeks) to think about it and see if he tells you. He may have not wanted it to sound like he was just saying it (I love you, too) because he was expected to. He may have not given it much thought (he will now). So let's just see. He knows how you really feel and he will use this moment to draw closer or create some distance.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:00 AM

20,058 posts, read 18,217,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I think after 8 months, it is way past due for that discussion. This event may be an indiciator that you have different views on your relationship than he does.
^^^This

OP--I don't want to bust your starry-eyed love bubble, but he may just consider you to be a hump buddy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships