Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 11:08 PM

709 posts, read 598,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chance2jump View Post

I personally have been meeting within a week or so of talking to someone. I would rather know if the chemistry is there then prolong the inevitable. I have warded off the sleezeballs in this process, too. This is the first connection I have made that I haven't meet quickly.
Well, coming from a 2 month one that was a disaster....NEVER AGAIN for me.

If anyone wants me, they'll wait....

I don't need a fast "hook up".

I want something that lasts....and I don't need married chicks lying.

They'll move on to some other idiot with his d*** half out of his pants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 11:11 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,410,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Green_50 View Post

I feel like if you meet within a month, you can better determine who they REALLY are and also capitalize on any chemistry that is there. Longer than that, and its way too long or you may be getting catfished. Not that I would know from experience but it sounds like that could happen.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:12 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:

Life is short, why waste time on digital interractions when there is a possiblity both of you are wasting time, since there is no chemistry when you are together. Meeting someone online isnt any more creepy, dangerous or different than meeting somoene at a bar or a store, except you actualy know more about a person before you meet.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
I feel like if you meet within a month, you can better determine who they REALLY are and also capitalize on any chemistry that is there. Longer than that, and its way too long or you may be getting catfished. Not that I would know from experience but it sounds like that could happen.
I wouldn't trust anyone in one month with "parts" of my life. People could still be after me after all these years. No thanks.....

I don't need to hook up with married women lying about it for two weeks either.

Six months or a year.....they'll give up on me.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Life is short, why waste time on digital interractions when there is a possiblity both of you are wasting time, since there is no chemistry when you are together. Meeting someone online isnt any more creepy, dangerous or different than meeting somoene at a bar or a store, except you actualy know more about a person before you meet.
Eh....NO!

Chris Kyle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-23-2013, 11:22 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't trust anyone in one month with "parts" of my life. People could still be after me after all these years. No thanks.....

I don't need to hook up with married women lying about it for two weeks either.

Six months or a year.....they'll give up on me.
who's talking about hooking up? I'm talking about just meeting the person. seeing them in person! that's it.

I think 6 mo. to a year is ridiculous.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
who's talking about hooking up? I'm talking about just meeting the person. seeing them in person! that's it.

I think 6 mo. to a year is ridiculous.
I don't like strangers or strange people. I have to KNOW you very well...

Die Hard Trilogy - YouTube

Old 04-23-2013, 11:38 PM

well keep thinking that strangers are strange people and you'll get very far....

Old 04-24-2013, 07:08 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chance2jump View Post
I can't answer regarding making decisions for himself aside from he does have control over when he responds back to me. He has shown that he will get back with me when he ready to do so. That is him demonstrating his own decision making.

The lunch date fell flat comment - The timing didn't work out. He is the back up sitter for his nephews, and he was called in to watch them on the day we discussed meeting. Consequently, he had been up nearly all night the night before, then watched 3 little boys all day. I suspect he crashed hard after that, and the remainder of the week we had scheduling conflicts with my schedule.
I guess my comment about decision-making comes from several things:

1) the overly long phone conversations. You're not 14; grown-ups have to work, and if he's SO tired the next day that he can't get in touch with you, he should say he has to go! You also should respect yourself and him more and get off the phone at a decent hour. You should say, "Well, I'd love to talk more but it's bedtime. We should talk about this in person on XX day."

2) The fact that you do most of the initiating. Does he like you or not? If yes, he should act like it.

3) The fact that he has not followed through with an attempt to meet you. This is ridiculous.

4) His lack of success in relationships. Now you can see why. Do you want to spend the next several years dragging him through a relationship with you? That's what it feels like right now.

I honestly do believe in the adage that says if a guy is into you, you will KNOW it.

I don't think his being a sleazeball is the issue. I think his being passive is the issue.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:46 AM

748 posts, read 1,314,334 times
The point of online dating is to weed out the people that clearly have nothing in common with you, just the basics of course, based on their profile. A face to face meeting is essential to find out, not only if you have chemistry, and to make sure the person on the picture matches the person on the phone; but to see first hand facial expressions, body language, how this person interacts with those around him/her.

After initial contact is pointless to talk and talk endlessly without a face to face meeting, people can and will say ANYTHING over the phone, or write ANYTHING on an e-mail or text. JMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships