Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 06:45 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
Like a warm baguette...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Like fresh, soft chewy cookies.
Like warm apple pie. Wait, no. It you've watched American Pie you'll get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 09:26 AM

246 posts, read 387,767 times
Some confuse love with lust or infatuation. They're not the same.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:33 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Being in love is following a girl everywhere she goes, from a distance; and obsessing over her with too much fear to actually talk to her.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:15 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
Love hurts.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:12 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
I remember my late wife and I talking about it once. We thought if everyone in the world could feel the way we did, it would end all wars, all violence, all crime. Our love transcended what we felt for each other and spilled into how we felt about mankind. Admittedly, that was a pretty special love. I've loved others but not as completely and purely.
Makes me think of John Lennon and Yoko Ono. I'm sorry you lost your wife and lost a love like that; I think we are lucky to have a love like that once in our lives, if at all. Glad you did.

And it also reminds me of my brother and his wife. I learned a lot from my brother who was 8 years older than me. He was so totally in love with his girlfriend/later wife. Even after they had been married several years and had three kids, she sat next to him in the car (before seatbelt laws), and they always held hands. I remember my other brother saying something bad about the the girlfriend when my brother was in high school and he had nothing to do with him after that. He did not allow anyone saying anything about his girlfriend/wife. He died when he was in his 30s of cancer, but I have no doubt if he were alive today in his 60s they would still be holding hands. She felt the same way about him. I have never seen another love like that and I'm glad I got to watch it from a kid sister's perspective. He truly loved and respected her. He wasn't after her for sex; he loved her. Wish the world were more like that today, more pure.

A lot of 60s songs make me think of my brother because they were songs he liked and also because I think he considered those songs to be an expression of feelings for his girlfriend/wife - Hang On Sloopy, Groovy Kind of Love, What a Day for a Daydream, And I Love Her, Happy Together, Do Wah Diddy, My Girl, Windy, Spooky, All I Have To Do is Dream, Michelle Ma Belle, Do You Want To Know a Secret

The McCoys - Hang On Sloopy (HQ) - YouTube

Last edited by luzianne; 04-26-2013 at 01:41 AM..

Old 04-26-2013, 01:15 AM

149 posts, read 467,380 times
Wow! A PR thread that has nothing to do with skin color!

Old 04-26-2013, 01:19 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,365,577 times
How it feels to be in love kind of depends on how the other person feels about you.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Makes me think of John Lennon and Yoko Ono. I'm sorry you lost your wife and lost a love like that; I think we are lucky to have a love like that once in our lives, if at all. Glad you did.

And it also reminds me of my brother and his wife. I learned a lot from my brother who was 8 years older than me. He was so totally in love with his girlfriend/later wife. Even after they had been married several years and had three kids, she sat next to him in the car (before seatbelt laws), and they always held hands. I remember my other brother saying something bad about the the girlfriend when my brother was in high school and he had nothing to do with him after that. He did not allow anyone saying anything about his girlfriend/wife. He died when he was in his 30s of cancer, but I have no doubt if he were alive today in his 60s they would still be holding hands. She felt the same way about him. I have never seen another love like that and I'm glad I got to watch it from a kid sister's perspective. He truly loved and respected her. He wasn't after her for sex; he loved her. Wish the world were more like that today, more pure.

A lot of 60s songs make me think of my brother because they were songs he liked and also because I think he considered those songs to be an expression of feelings for his girlfriend/wife - Hang On Sloopy, Groovy Kind of Love, What a Day for a Daydream, And I Love Her, Happy Together, Do Wah Diddy, My Girl, Windy, Spooky, All I Have To Do is Dream, Michelle Ma Belle, Do You Want To Know a Secret

The McCoys - Hang On Sloopy (HQ) - YouTube
Nice story. That IS love in my book. Very rare these days.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:05 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Comfortable, no surprises, can talk/do anything without feeling self conscience, just feels right.

It just flows..I can't explain it otherwise

Old 04-26-2013, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Comfortable, no surprises, can talk/do anything without feeling self conscience, just feels right.

It just flows..I can't explain it otherwise
This one is good as well. It's "safe" and you can completely trust the other person. Again very rare I think. You know when you have it and you know when you don't. Most probably don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships