Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 03:10 PM

766 posts, read 1,658,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
awww why?? take the risk girl!! you don't have to ask him out..just say hi .
I am still trying to get up the nerve. What should I say? I definitely want to include that recognize him from my old job.

Will someone be my Cyrano lol??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 03:23 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,107 times
Do what others have said and send him a short, nice message. A little compliment can go really far.... You can do this!

Old 04-25-2013, 03:32 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,710,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caesarsgirl79 View Post
Okay so I was just on POF and I saw this guy I used to work with. We weren't friends or anything & only spoke in passing. He was in a different department than me. I had a little crush on him. He seemed really nice and I thought he was really cute.

Well I left my job about 8 months ago and never ran into him or anything. Then boom I'm looking on POF and there he is. I didn't recognize him until i clicked on the profile.

Would it be too weird to send him a message? He may not even remember me. I asked my old coworker/friend if he still works there and she said no. His profile says he lives 3 hours ago but he came up on my list as being 2 miles away.

I need opinions. I have never sent anyone a message first on POF. I'm just so nervous. My friend said I should send him a message, but she's really bold and will approach anyone. I am going to look back and see if be viewed my profile. If he views it and I get no message should I just take that as he's not interested.

Oh my frickin god! Stop complicating things and just message him. You never know he might have a thing for you too, plus you guys already know each other. Why be on a dating site to not message someone?

Old 04-25-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
Oh my frickin god! Stop complicating things and just message him. You never know he might have a thing for you too, plus you guys already know each other. Why be on a dating site to not message someone?
It's simple to you but not so easy for me or else I would have already sent the message. I will send the message, but I just haven't yet.

We don't know each other. We only spoke in passing and that's it. He may not even recognize me.

Old 04-25-2013, 04:36 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
I am still trying to get up the nerve. What should I say? I definitely want to include that recognize him from my old job.

Will someone be my Cyrano lol??
"Hey, you look familiar. Did you used to work at ------ ?"

Old 04-25-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
"Hey, you look familiar. Did you used to work at ------ ?"
Thanks that's simple enough. I'm going to try to locate him again locate and send the message.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:44 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,710,277 times
Quote:
It's simple to you but not so easy for me or else I would have already sent the message. I will send the message, but I just haven't yet.

We don't know each other. We only spoke in passing and that's it. He may not even recognize me.
Just keep in mind that everyone that meets doesn't know each other at some point either. Gotta start somewhere.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:31 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Thanks that's simple enough. I'm going to try to locate him again locate and send the message.
Good luck!

Old 04-26-2013, 08:47 AM

9 posts, read 11,573 times
Sent him a message but do not mention you used to work together. He might get embarassed and block you. Just pretend you don't know him and if he's interested he will reply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships