U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 02:41 PM

788 posts, read 1,180,181 times

Advertisements

I've been interested in a guy at work for the past couple of months and he seems to be interested too. A little over a month ago, I ran into him on the street, but he was on his phone and with a friend and couldn't talk. He gave me a big smile, said hi, and held eye contact with me. The next time I saw him at work (the following week), we gave each other huge smiles, knowing we had something to talk about. I was so nervous I couldn't think of anything to say, so I walked past him. He obviously wanted to talk, so he followed me down the hallway to ask about running into me on the street. His eyes never left mine and I could tell he was interested, only there were too many people around for him to ask me out. (There are a lot of gossips where I work, so I'd never want anyone to know if we date. I'm sure he realizes that too.)

The problem? I haven't run into him since then. Our place is huge and, despite all my best efforts, I have not been able to run into him. There's an event in our city tomorrow that I'm almost positive he'll attend, and it's right next to a trail that I bike along (he knows I'm active). So my question is, do I try to "accidentally" run into him at this event? Is that weird? Is it too aggressive? Am I a creepy stalker for trying to run into him?

As far as I can tell, he's not married and doesn't have a girlfriend.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 02:46 PM

4,176 posts, read 5,896,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katykat01 View Post
I've been interested in a guy at work for the past couple of months and he seems to be interested too. A little over a month ago, I ran into him on the street, but he was on his phone and with a friend and couldn't talk. He gave me a big smile, said hi, and held eye contact with me. The next time I saw him at work (the following week), we gave each other huge smiles, knowing we had something to talk about. I was so nervous I couldn't think of anything to say, so I walked past him. He obviously wanted to talk, so he followed me down the hallway to ask about running into me on the street. His eyes never left mine and I could tell he was interested, only there were too many people around for him to ask me out. (There are a lot of gossips where I work, so I'd never want anyone to know if we date. I'm sure he realizes that too.)

The problem? I haven't run into him since then. Our place is huge and, despite all my best efforts, I have not been able to run into him. There's an event in our city tomorrow that I'm almost positive he'll attend, and it's right next to a trail that I bike along (he knows I'm active). So my question is, do I try to "accidentally" run into him at this event? Is that weird? Is it too aggressive? Am I a creepy stalker for trying to run into him?

It may not be worth it to go JUST b/c you think you'll see him. The reason is that you may hate being there and he may not be present.

In terms of it being creepy, that's not a concern. If I found out, it wouldn't bother me. It's not like you're showing up at his front door.

TBH, dipping your pen in the company ink is generally a bad idea. I know you've heard it before, but it's true. At a large company, it may not be as bad but is definitely not wise at smaller companies.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:48 PM

6,127 posts, read 9,370,790 times
Until he actually asks you out I'm not sure how you can know he is interested. It seems pretty creepy honestly to go somewhere hoping to run into a guy.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:58 PM

1,020 posts, read 886,299 times
Quote:
Am I a creepy stalker for trying to run into him?

Fishermen deliberately go where the fish are.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:01 PM

26,982 posts, read 20,179,572 times
Quote:

ABSOLUTELY! (Meaning, "accidentally" run in to him at an event that you are pretty sure he'll be attending. Nothing wrong with that. The only time it's wrong is if he has clearly indicated he does NOT want you near him.)

Old 04-26-2013, 03:17 PM

15,009 posts, read 19,772,718 times
Yes go but talk to/meet new people and be prepared not to see him in case he didn't attend.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:25 PM

21,188 posts, read 23,239,570 times
I would. When I really like someone, I try to put myself in their path as much as possible. I've never been accused of being creepy!

Old 04-26-2013, 05:07 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,227,935 times
Sounds like it'd be a lot easier to run into him at work

Old 04-26-2013, 05:10 PM

3,111 posts, read 7,605,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyInFairfax View Post
Fishermen deliberately go where the fish are.
That's why I hang out in the women's shoe department.

Old 04-26-2013, 05:50 PM

788 posts, read 1,180,181 times
Thanks for the responses. I'm still on the fence about going because I'm not sure if it's too obvious or not, but the location being next to a trail I frequently use makes it seem like it would be really accidental if I stopped by to check out the event.

I guess the real issue is that I'm impatient, since I thought we were really making progress the last time I saw him. It's hard to believe it's been more than a month since I've seen him, and I just want to know if it's worth continuing to pursue or just find someone else. The truth is, I can't spend another summer alone without fear of a breakdown, so I need to move onto someone else to date if he's not interested. I have been single for a very long time and am afraid it will spark a major depression if I'm not at least actively dating this summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships