Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2013, 07:01 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,676,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Watson View Post
So now a person needs to seek "professional help", just for being interested in someone who doesn't feel the same way?. What kind of logic is that?

I have a feeling that many posters here are not carefully reading what I have written to describe the specifics of this situation. That is why so many are confused as to my goals/intentions.

Everyone reading knows it's SO much more than that

Answer the question please.

How many others in your real life besides your school counselor have recommended you get professional help for your obsession?

Old 04-27-2013, 07:03 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,191,388 times
Quote:
So now a person needs to seek "professional help", just for being interested in someone who doesn't feel the same way?. What kind of logic is that?

I have a feeling that many posters here are not carefully reading what I have written to describe the specifics of this situation. That is why so many are confused as to my goals/intentions.

Please read what I have written before jumping to radical conclusions.

Part of that song that applies with you with a modification:

"I don't care if it hurts
I want to have control
I want a perfect body
I want a perfect soul
I want you to notice when I'm not around
You're so ("blank") special
I wish I was special"

In essence, she doesn't notice when you're not around and doesn't think you're special - no offense.

Yes, I have read your post and the other threads.

Old 04-27-2013, 07:03 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,154,869 times
Quote:

Please read what I have written before jumping to radical conclusions.
No. A person just being interested in someone who doesn't feel the same way does not need professional help. A person who blames the other person for not being interested, likens her to a bigot, says that she is the cause for destroying his happiness, believes that she owes him a chance, believes that she is narrow minded for not being interested in him, believes that he knows her even though they've barely spoken, believes that he will never be happy with anyone else even though he doesn't know her, believes that he can change himself into someone that she will like, has been obsessed with the same person for 4 years who won't give him the time of day, and absolutely refuses to even attempt to move on - that person needs help.

Would you feel the same way about her if she looked like Roseanne Barr? You never answered that question.

Old 04-27-2013, 07:05 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,995,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Everyone reading knows it's SO much more than that

Answer the question please.

How many others in your real life besides your school counselor have recommended you get professional help for your obsession?
His school counselor recommended he get help too???

I'm guessing his classmates were talking to this girl about him more as a warning than anything else.

Old 04-27-2013, 07:13 PM

597 posts, read 1,146,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
How do you know she thinks you're ugly, did she tell you that?

One of the few boys I have ever seen her speak to/be friendly with (She is very introverted amongst both male and females) is considered; "very attractive."

I can tell she is not romantically intrested in anyone though. She is simply more likely to be friendly to a young man that is considered attractive in the "conventional sense" since he is far more appealing to the eyes. To me that is bigotry.

Old 04-27-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
One of the few boys I have ever seen her speak to/be friendly with (She is very introverted amongst both male and females) is considered; "very attractive."

I can tell she is not romantically intrested in anyone though. She is simply more likely to be friendly to a young man that is considered attractive in the "conventional sense" since he is far more appealing to the eyes. To me that is bigotry.
Reverse the genders and pretend you are her, do you want any man telling you who to like, feel, go out with, do with your life, etc,.......?

Old 04-27-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Reverse the genders and pretend you are her, do you want any man telling you who to like, feel, go out with, do with your life, etc,.......?
That is not the point. The point is her considering me unworthy of her attention because I do not have the; "desirable looks" she wants.

She is willing to friendly with someone who does have these looks, what does that tell you??? How am I supposed to compete with that?

Old 04-27-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
That is not the point. The point is her considering me unworthy of her attention because I do not have the; "desirable looks" she wants.

She is willing to friendly with someone who does have these looks, what does that tell you??? How am I supposed to compete with that?
You don't and just move on - you have no control of somebody else no matter what you or anyone may think of her choices. It's her life and decisions after all.

Old 04-27-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
You don't and just move on - you have no control of somebody else no matter what you or anyone may think of her choices. It's her life and decisions after all.
So, I am supposed to give up everything I've hoped for, just because my looks do not pass her rigid standards?

Old 04-27-2013, 07:29 PM

837 posts, read 960,300 times
Quote:
So, I am supposed to give up everything I've hoped for, just because my looks do not pass her rigid standards?
YES!!! THAT'S HOW THINGS WORK.

You are just too young to understand this. Get off the internet and do some reading or talk to an adult.

You need help. How many of us will it take for you to grasp that? I bet your counselor and mother have said the same thing and this place is your last hope for support for your obsession.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.