Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 06:44 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,990,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
That girl in your class, the one who won't speak to you and grimaces whenever she sees you, she is the ONLY girl for you and you should devote your life to convincing her of that.
That is beyond creepy.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:45 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Watson View Post
Yes it is mine; but just because it is there does not mean it is intended to be used as reference material for the discussion of the thread. The picture is there to add more of a personal touch to the profile itself.
Well, its a nice picture.

People look at your profile, though, to put a face with a "name."

To answer your question, unattractive people get dates, but I do not think it is possible to be in a relationship with a girl who finds a guy UNATTRACTIVE, given that it means she has NO attraction to the guy.

How would they even get together??

Old 04-26-2013, 06:45 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,990,374 times
Having looked at the picture, you are normal looking. Her lack of interest is not due to your looks.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:50 PM

22,313 posts, read 29,395,806 times
Jay you're not a bad looking guy. Why are you so fixated on this girl?? It's very weird and creepy and almost stalkerish. You need to find someone else or maybe go talk to a therapist. GL

Old 04-26-2013, 07:06 PM

597 posts, read 1,146,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
Sure it is possible. Depends though on age. People in their 20s tend to care too much about looks. Once you've been around the block a few times, you realize that looks get moved to the bottom of the list in comparison to the important things that really matter.

How old is she?
She turned eighteen in August. I turned nineteen in March.

We are both seniors in HS, preparing to graduate.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:17 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,476,748 times
Jay, I have a question for you. What if you were magically in a relationship with her? What would you do? How do you imagine her life and your life would be like? How do you think your life would be better if she were your girlfriend? Did you not have a good life before you met her?

Old 04-26-2013, 07:26 PM

597 posts, read 1,146,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissy View Post
Jay, I have a question for you. What if you were magically in a relationship with her? What would you do? How do you imagine her life and your life would be like? How do you think your life would be better if she were your girlfriend? Did you not have a good life before you met her?
To answer your question; I would be very happy and content if this were to happen someday. I stated before that she as a person has greatly inspired me, to achieve my goal of an internship in the building engineering field.

She is truly a lady in every sense of the word, not your typical adolescent female. That is why she is truly worth waiting for.

My life is not “lacking” as you presume to say. However I believe that she would fulfill me as a person, and be an inspiration to reach my full potential in all of life’s endeavors.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:31 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,207,670 times
Quote:
Certain events have led me to believe that one of the major reasons for my rejection by the young lady I am interested in is due to my appearance. I do not consider myself hideous, however I know am nothing extraordinary in the looks department. Apparently, my appearance is not satisfactory by this girl’s standards.

My question for you today is this: Do you believe it is possible for someone to eventually come to accept another for a relationship regardless of an appearance issue. Could they ever possibly see beyond the outside appearance of a person, and come to know the qualities/traits which truly define their character?

I previously posted that I believed this type of judgment to be grossly unfair. After much debate with others on this forum, I have come to recognize that it is not possible to minimize the issue, because apparently appearance IS very important.

I am curious to see what you think.Please share your thoughts and opinions regarding this question

Thank you very much,
J

I think you are wasting your young life on a girl who has made it more than clear that she
IS NOT INTERESTED IN YOU ON ANY LEVEL IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

If you have not figured this out yet and decided to move on you are bringing misery to yourself and I think you deserve whatever you bring to yourself since you are voluntarily doing it.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:34 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Quote:
To answer your question; I would be very happy and content if this were to happen someday. I stated before that she as a person has greatly inspired me, to achieve my goal of an internship in the building engineering field.

She is truly a lady in every sense of the word, not your typical adolescent female. That is why she is truly worth waiting for.

My life is not “lacking” as you presume to say. However I believe that she would fulfill me as a person, and be an inspiration to reach my full potential in all of life’s endeavors.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:37 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,154,869 times
Quote:
Moving on and; "getting over it" is not the solution. That will not make me happy. The only thing that will make me truly happy, is if I achieve my goal.
Moving on and getting over it is the ONLY solution.

You can't MAKE someone love you. That's what's truly wonderful about real love - BOTH people feel it. You can't MAKE her feel what you want her to feel. As it stands - she wants nothing to do with you. You can't CONTROL her. You NEED to move on. Please don't be someone that we read about in the news someday and we hate ourselves because we could have done something to prevent it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.