Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 05:01 PM

11,771 posts, read 11,986,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Watson View Post
Well, having the unsolicited "help" provided by many of my classmates has certainly not helped things. As I previously stated; they have been bothering her with questions concerning this situation for some time now.

Despite my efforts to try and put a stop to this, they persist in their questioning. They claim they are trying to; “help me”, yet I know they are not driven solely by benevolence. Their curiosity to learn more about what exactly is happening is the main encouragement.

When this has finally ceased for good; I believe she may be more approachable.
Who are these classmates? Are they friends of yours? How do they even know how you feel? Why would they need to question her about anything, especially "for some time now"? Why are you and your classmates actively making this girl's life a living hell?

Old 04-28-2013, 05:38 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,473,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
You better do something fast man. Or else you won't be able to see her, probably for good. College and careers do that. If you don't do something before graduation, you are going to die alone. You will never have a family, you will never have children, and you will be a virgin for the rest of your natural life.
Jay, don't listen to this drivel, he is just trying to scare you.

If you followed some of their advice and told her how you feel, then maybe that would be okay. But you are not going to die along as a childless, virgin if you don't talk to her.

Jay, have you ever talked to her face to face? Like, a real discussion like "Hi, would you like to go to the movies with me?" or something. I am now confused if you told her that you like her, or if you told some classmate and he/she told the girl that you liked her?

Old 04-28-2013, 05:43 PM

597 posts, read 1,144,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissy View Post
Jay, don't listen to this drivel, he is just trying to scare you.

If you followed some of their advice and told her how you feel, then maybe that would be okay. But you are not going to die along as a childless, virgin if you don't talk to her.
That will be the eventual result if something is not done in the future to rectify the misunderstandings that have taken place.

Old 04-28-2013, 05:48 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,116,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmorangie View Post
He's been fixated on the same girl for 4 years and she doesn't even acknowledge him. That's like 80 pages worth of thread in CD years.
I'm sure if you count all his previous threads, he's probably already reached 80 pages unfortunately.

Old 04-28-2013, 05:49 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,210,539 times
Quote:
That will be the eventual result if something is not done in the future to rectify the misunderstandings that have taken place.
Damn right it will. High school graduation will be here in a few weeks. When that happens it's over.

Old 04-28-2013, 05:50 PM

1,092 posts, read 3,430,075 times
You're getting conflicting responses because the length of the thread. Those advising you attempt contact have likely not read much of this or your other threads.

You need to speak with a professional.

Four years of obsessing to the extent you have is a serious issue. Saying you will never marry or date another woman is a sign of a major problem.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:34 PM

550 posts, read 982,661 times
Quote:
Jay the only way to do that is to speak to her before graduation. After that it will be too late. You won't see her after that.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:38 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,293,637 times
There are three main reasons why it can happen (there may be more) money, sex and personality are the three reasons why she would stay regardless how hideous you are

Old 04-28-2013, 06:39 PM

597 posts, read 1,144,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Who are these classmates? Are they friends of yours? How do they even know how you feel? Why would they need to question her about anything, especially "for some time now"? Why are you and your classmates actively making this girl's life a living hell?
These classmates are many of the boys in our class. I am friendly with most of them, despite the fact that they approach her without my permission.
Quite frankly, I am unsure as to why they feel the need to question her about this. I do get the impression that many of them feel they should act as a “mediator” between this girl and myself. Unfortunately their efforts have proved anything but successful as they only succeed in annoying her.

Despite what you think we are not; “trying to make this girls life a living hell”. I personally do not condone the actions of those who have chosen to take matters into their own hands.

Just last week one of the guys in our grade asked me; “how she was”. I responded by saying that; “I do not know”, and attempted to change the subject. However this particular guy insisted upon bringing the girl into our conversation again. He even asked if I would like him to “help me” ask her to prom. I them firmly reminded him that the constant attention she has received will only prove detrimental to my cause. Before we parted ways, I very seriously asked him not to bother or approach her in any way on my behalf.

As you can see; this is not all my fault. I am doing everything in my power to ensure that she is left alone and undistributed.

Old 04-28-2013, 07:50 PM

44,312 posts, read 19,982,912 times
This thread has run its course and is now generating personal attacks and accusations which are off topic. Thank you, those who offered sensitive and insightful advice to the OP. The thread is now closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.