Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 01:55 PM

111 posts, read 294,006 times

Advertisements

I've been dating this guy for over a month. We became intimate last weekend for the first time. We don't talk or text everyday which is fine with me. My phone broke a few days ago so our form of communication is by email. We pretty much email each other everyday.

Yesterday, he sent an email asking about my schedule for the rest of the week. He said he might be going skiing this weekend. My schedule varies every week but I'm mostly off on weekends. I replied to his email last night telling him about my schedule. This morning, I got an email from him asking if I got a new phone already. He didn't ask me about hanging out this week. Why did he even bother asking about my schedule for this week if he has no plan to see me. It's not the first time that he asked for my schedule and didn't plan anything with me. One weekend he went away to attend a birthday pool party, he asked for my schedule but I didn't see him that week. But the following week, we spent a whole day together.

Maybe I'm overanalyzing because I had sex with him last weekend. You know that after sex, guys disappear. Base on how he was treating me I don't think he can just blow me off just like that. I think he's a really nice guy. Every time we've hung out, he picks me up and drops me off at my place. Walks me to my front door. He makes sure I get in safe inside. He has been paying for all our dates and they were not cheap dates. He initiates contact with me. I never contacted him first.

Anyway, do you guys think he's blowing me off because he has not made plans to see me this week or I am just overanalyzing? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 01:57 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,310,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imdatgirl View Post
Why did he even bother asking about my schedule for this week if he has no plan to see me.
Perhaps your schedules didn't match up well?

Now get ready to read a bunch of replies telling you to dump him.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:00 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
You're going to have to tell him what you expect. For example, "I want to see you at least once or twice a week."

Old 04-17-2013, 02:07 PM

1,030 posts, read 4,278,662 times
He wants to see what your doing. If your seeing any other people.

He could be subconsciously trying to get you away from him, so he doesnt have to be mean, just not making plans and not seeing you so that you will move on by yourself. Just a thought....

Old 04-17-2013, 02:09 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,287,554 times
He coulda really desired to spend time with you,(that's why he asked for your schedule), but maybe things just didn't work out the way he'd hoped or wanted.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Perhaps your schedules didn't match up well?

Now get ready to read a bunch of replies telling you to dump him.
I assumed that's the reason why because it happened before. He's working on building a business with his friends and his work schedule varies as well.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:14 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imdatgirl View Post
. Base on how he was treating me I don't think he can just blow me off just like that. I think he's a really nice guy. Every time we've hung out, he picks me up and drops me off at my place. Walks me to my front door. He makes sure I get in safe inside. He has been paying for all our dates and they were not cheap dates. He initiates contact with me. I never contacted him first.

Anyway, do you guys think he's blowing me off because he has not made plans to see me this week or I am just overanalyzing? Thanks.
He sounds lovely. Based on what you just posted, there are no red flags. Relax, just enjoy him.
My schedule is always messed up. When I am in between my project, I can text, email, but calling would be challenging. Sometimes, I wait for two days to make a phone call, and when I am busying working on something interesting, my priority is not going to be HIM. It doesn't mean I don't love him, or lost interests.

Women tend to get a little emotional after sex, I understand how you feel. But he sounds great.

You have nothing to worry about.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHavensFinest View Post
He wants to see what your doing. If your seeing any other people.

He could be subconsciously trying to get you away from him, so he doesnt have to be mean, just not making plans and not seeing you so that you will move on by yourself. Just a thought....
He has done it before tho that he didn't make plans to see me one week but I saw him the following week and we spent the whole day together. Morning till midnight.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:15 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
You're going to have to tell him what you expect. For example, "I want to see you at least once or twice a week."
^^^^ This too.

Don't expect him to be the mind reader. Let him know what your expectations are. Good luck

Old 04-17-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
^^^^ This too.

Don't expect him to be the mind reader. Let him know what your expectations are. Good luck
But I don't want to sound too demanding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships