Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 08:46 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,983,480 times

Advertisements

they are just screening out lamers. easy to handle, just don't be lame. most of these questions can easily be changed into more interesting ones anyway

what's the weirdest thing that ever happened at work?

what was your favorite part of college?

some of the questions you list as interesting ones are worse. "So are ready for the spring season?"... this is basically talking about the weather, the world's most boring conversation. used as a default go to topic when you have nothing better to say. if a woman asks me about the weather she is either nervous, bad at conversation, boring or not interested in me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2013, 08:53 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
they are just screening out lamers. easy to handle, just don't be lame. most of these questions can easily be changed into more interesting ones anyway

what's the weirdest thing that ever happened at work?

what was your favorite part of college?

some of the questions you list as interesting ones are worse. "So are ready for the spring season?"... this is basically talking about the weather, the world's most boring conversation. used as a default go to topic when you have nothing better to say. if a woman asks me about the weather she is either nervous, bad at conversation, boring or not interested in me

Asking about what is your typical saturday sounds a lot better than what u do for a living.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:58 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
The problem is that a lot of people's identity revolves around their job.. I used to subscribe to this foolishness myself......

Not so much any more....

Old 04-27-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Asking about what is your typical saturday sounds a lot better than what u do for a living.
i didn't list that question. i listed "So are ready for the spring season?".

"Have you been this restaurant?" also falls into this category

dating is inherently judgmental. we're choosing who we want to sit around in our underwear with. why shouldn't we be choosey?

all else being equal i too would prefer someone who can speak interestingly about what they do for a living than someone who is uncomfortable talking about it

Old 04-27-2013, 09:05 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The problem is that a lot of people's identity revolves around their job.. I used to subscribe to this foolishness myself......

Not so much any more....
I understand that to some extent - but for some of us, it's not exactly that our identity revolves around our job but that our job is our greatest passion - so it is a big part of who we are. Even if I wasn't a professional performer, my greatest passion would still be singing. And singing and music is a huge part of my life.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
i didn't list that question. i listed "So are ready for the spring season?".

"Have you been this restaurant?" also falls into this category

dating is inherently judgmental. we're choosing who we want to sit around in our underwear with. why shouldn't we be choosey?

all else being equal i too would prefer someone who can speak interestingly about what they do for a living than someone who is uncomfortable talking about it

Well that's probably why most people don't like dating

Old 04-27-2013, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Well that's probably why most people don't like dating
i think most people get frustrated at times and that's natural. however i don't think most people actively dislike dating, they just don't like when it goes badly or don't like certain aspects of it

Old 04-27-2013, 09:15 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,671,477 times
Feels good to be in, doesn't it?

It all comes to an end. Don't ever forget.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:18 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
Feels good to be in, doesn't it?

It all comes to an end. Don't ever forget.
In what? What comes to an end?

Old 04-27-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
i think most people get frustrated at times and that's natural. however i don't think most people actively dislike dating, they just don't like when it goes badly or don't like certain aspects of it

Sometimes when a woman gives me her number to call I may decide to wait another day because you have to be in the mood for a "very first conversation".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships