U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 01:00 PM

788 posts, read 1,140,913 times

Advertisements

If you saw my post from yesterday, I wanted to know if I should be in the area where I knew my crush was likely to be today. I decided to go out anyway (for me) and hoped that I'd run into him, but wasn't going to make a big deal out of it if I didn't see him. Well, when I least expected it, I ran into him near the event. We chatted for a few minutes, but he ended the conversation and didn't ask me out, but he said, "Good seeing you." WTF?! This is the same man who lit up when he saw me and followed me down the hallway at work to chat with me a month ago. We haven't run into each other since then, but I thought for sure he was very interested then and wanted to ask me out. When we saw each other in the hallways at work, we'd always exchange these sweet smiles, lock eyes and it was like we shared a secret that we were attracted to each other. Today, I'm not sure. We both had on sunglasses, so locking eyes was impossible. What's it going to take for him to ask me out? Why didn't he ask me out? I know he had to get to his event and all, but really?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2013, 01:01 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,188,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katykat01 View Post
If you saw my post from yesterday, I wanted to know if I should be in the area where I knew my crush was likely to be today. I decided to go out anyway (for me) and hoped that I'd run into him, but wasn't going to make a big deal out of it if I didn't see him. Well, when I least expected it, I ran into him near the event. We chatted for a few minutes, but he ended the conversation and didn't ask me out, but he said, "Good seeing you." WTF?! This is the same man who lit up when he saw me and followed me down the hallway at work to chat with me a month ago. We haven't run into each other since then, but I thought for sure he was very interested then and wanted to ask me out. When we saw each other in the hallways at work, we'd always exchange these sweet smiles, lock eyes and it was like we shared a secret that we were attracted to each other. Today, I'm not sure. We both had on sunglasses, so locking eyes was impossible. What's it going to take for him to ask me out? Why didn't he ask me out? I know he had to get to his event and all, but really?
Did you ask him out? Why not? You also had a sparkle in your eye didn't you?

Old 04-27-2013, 01:03 PM

9,659 posts, read 9,215,609 times
Certain men are slow to make moves. Deal with it.

Old 04-27-2013, 01:03 PM

21,188 posts, read 22,439,823 times
Quote:
Well, the last time you saw him before this was a month ago - right? A lot can change in a month. He might have started seeing someone else.

If you like him this much - you should ask him out. You can make it casual - just ask him if he wants to grab coffee or a bite to eat sometime.

Old 04-27-2013, 01:06 PM

788 posts, read 1,140,913 times
Considering he's higher up, I don't want to ask him out. I don't feel comfortable asking him out. Plus, I've found that when I do the chasing, the guys don't really want me anyway. When I let them pursue me, they actually seem dedicated to having a relationship.

Old 04-27-2013, 01:07 PM

14,922 posts, read 18,952,763 times
Bummer.

Old 04-27-2013, 01:07 PM

21,188 posts, read 22,439,823 times
Quote:
Considering he's higher up, I don't want to ask him out. I don't feel comfortable asking him out. Plus, I've found that when I do the chasing, the guys don't really want me anyway. When I let them pursue me, they actually seem dedicated to having a relationship.
Then maybe you need to be more obvious about your feelings for him. Seeing him once a month isn't really going to cut it if you want him to ask you out.

Old 04-27-2013, 01:10 PM

14,922 posts, read 18,952,763 times
He may not want to ask a subordinate out. He may think that would look bad on him at work.

Old 04-27-2013, 01:14 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,188,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
He may not want to ask a subordinate out. He may think that would look bad on him at work.
She might have looked like crap today
He might have been on the prowl that time at work
Maybe his mother just died
He was on his way to meet his new, gay, lover today

Could be any number of things and trying to guess his reasoning is a ridiculous endeavor.

if you're interested, ask him out.

Old 04-27-2013, 01:16 PM

25,200 posts, read 36,140,883 times
Holy ! Is it really that demeaning to say how you feel and want to go out with him? Just ask him out get a yes or no and move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships