Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 11:35 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimeofAncientMariner View Post
My point is that if im constantly around women in my social circle, Ill find someone who actually likes me (or at least have a chance to)
Why? That hasn't worked for you where you are now - what makes you think that it will be different in NY?

If you can't find a singe women that is interested in having a relationship with you where you are now - what makes you think the problem is where you live and not you yourself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2013, 11:40 AM

96 posts, read 81,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Why? That hasn't worked for you where you are now
Did you not read the original post? There are no women in my social circle currently. The only method I have of meeting a girl is through some sort of cold approach

Living in NY, I will be around women/introduced to women damn near all the time because of my brother in law/his work/his social circle

Old 04-28-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Did you not read the original post? There are no women in my social circle currently. The only method I have of meeting a girl is through some sort of cold approach

Living in NY, I will be around women/introduced to women damn near all the time because of my brother in law/his work/his social circle
I thought that you said in previous threads that you had lots of female friends and that your male friends had wives and girlfriends that you were close with.

Old 04-28-2013, 11:45 AM

286 posts, read 417,640 times
A low six-figure income will not get you much in this area. Trust me.

Taxes are extremely high and living expenses are outrageous. Believe me, a move to this area should be deeply considered, not done on a whim.

I'd seriously rethink this.

Old 04-28-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
I thought that you said in previous threads that you had lots of female friends and that your male friends had wives and girlfriends that you were close with.

none of those women are single...I'm talking about being around/introduced to single/young/pretty women all the time

Old 04-28-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
none of those women are single...I'm talking about being around/introduced to single/young/pretty women all the time
Well, pretty much every single person on this thread thinks it's ridiculous to move to a more expensive city in the hopes of getting laid by young/hot waitresses - but it sounds like your mind is made up already. Have fun!

Old 04-28-2013, 11:51 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Quote:
You're looking at one example, I'm looking at the whole picture. Living in NY and constantly being around and introduced to women by brother in law...there's a decent chance I may finally find one who is attracted to me

Right now, I see no light in the tunnel in my current situation. Year after year after year goes by and I can't even get a date, much less a girlfriend
And does your brother-in-law know he would be expected to pimp you out? Not to be crude about it, but if my ex sister-in-law expected me to introduce her to my employees in the hope of her finding a boyfriend, I would be pretty annoyed. I also wouldn't want my employees dating my family.

And honestly? I'm in the area. A 24-year-old who isn't loaded out the yin-yang and moves here with no job prospects is going to have a tough time, family connections or not.

You're in a great area. I have friends in Chicago. It's a much friendlier town. If you can't meet women there, you're doing something wrong. Moving here isn't going to change it. It's only going to make you broke.

Old 04-28-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Well, pretty much every single person on this thread thinks it's ridiculous to move to a more expensive city in the hopes of getting laid by young/hot waitresses - but it sounds like your mind is made up already. Have fun!

I would be living in a suburb in jersey 10-15 minutes away from the city...standard of living will be about the same with all things considered

Also I don't care about getting laid, all I want is a girlfriend

Old 04-28-2013, 11:54 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times
Quote:
If he doesn't move to the NYC area he'll always have the "what if?"

He said that he'll live in NJ, on his salary he'll be okay if he rents but (as you know) dating and doing things in NYC comes at a steep price and many of the women there won't go for cheap dinners.

Old 04-28-2013, 11:55 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
There are more single women than single men here in NYC so yes you will be exposed to many more choices. BUT I can already tell you that you won't be getting one of the beautiful ones without a lot of personal improvement. There is a lot of money around here and your income won't compete on that level, so you can't rely on that. (A hot 23 year old waitress gets hit on all day, every day, by guys with way more experience than you.) You need to get better with women where you already are, and yes that means more "cold approaches" since you say that is all that is available to you. That, or lower your standards down to a nice average gal here in NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships