Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 11:00 AM

2,919 posts, read 2,578,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
This story is the reason why men in this world are conniving, horrible human beings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post

Coming from a man, this is the way 99% of men think, the other 1% are too slow or stupid to process it. Out of the 99% of men who think this, I would say 90% of them act on it. It must be tough out there for those good women.

Your take is very interesting. I don't see how this story is the reason why men in this world are CONNIVING, HORRIBLE human beings. Care to expound?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2013, 11:10 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,436,414 times
Sophie, I promise you will have sex with this man if you continue seeing him. All your excuses will be down-the-drain. The more you are around him, the closer to him you will become. It's a dead end, but, you will ignore it and keep seeing him. You are kidding yourself. He knows what he is doing because it's what he does. He is a womanizer, a cheater, but, that's all right with you.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:09 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
what you want from this situation doesn't matter. he clearly wants more from you and you are leaving a trail for him to constantly follow back. unless you directly acknowledge and deal with the flirting behavior and tell the guy its stops now or he can move on, you're just as much to blame here as he is for provoking you.

don't put in the playtime if you fear it becoming bedtime.

Last edited by rego00123; 05-04-2013 at 01:29 PM..

Old 05-04-2013, 01:23 PM

550 posts, read 984,185 times
I think the best thing to do is not to encourage any of that behavior as tempting as it may be for you. It is not wise to keep engaging with and encouraging this man. It is just flirting with disaster.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:05 AM

2,156 posts, read 3,331,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Sophie, I promise you will have sex with this man if you continue seeing him. All your excuses will be down-the-drain. The more you are around him, the closer to him you will become. It's a dead end, but, you will ignore it and keep seeing him. You are kidding yourself. He knows what he is doing because it's what he does. He is a womanizer, a cheater, but, that's all right with you.

Agreed. He is NO FOOL. He has the OP exactly where he wants her to be. As long as she is willing to play, he will take it as far as he can.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:02 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantiqua View Post
This is why I can't trust men, they are always looking for the next best thing.
EVERYONE is always looking for the next best thing.

It is very human to constantly be striving for better.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:45 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,522,865 times
Most people that have answered me here are right. I finally told the guy to stop the flirting, he asked me out, i answered i didnt think that was ok considering he is married, he understood, and i wont see him again unless it is in one of the writer encounters he organizes, but keeping the distance. He was nice about the whole thing and not overly pushy, but made it clear their intentions were sexual when he asked me out and said he "understood" when i remind him he was married. I guess he does this with every girl he likes. Poor the wife .

Old 05-07-2013, 02:58 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,965,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Yeah, he stopped, and when we saw eachother in person he wasnt filtry AT ALL. Very polite and educated and didnt make me uncomfortable.

But the last message he sent me he went back to the "beautiful" and eye complementing thingy for a while there, thats why im asking if its possible he will behave.
We call that a douche here in the USA please stay away from him if possible. He's garbage.

Please move on and stop making up excuses of why you should be friends. You KNOW very well you like the attention he is giving you. Find it somewhere else with a single guy. Guys like him will cheat on their wife with a broom if giving the chance. He is trash, stop answering his messages it's a simple as that.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:21 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,726,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Most people that have answered me here are right. I finally told the guy to stop the flirting, he asked me out, i answered i didnt think that was ok considering he is married, he understood, and i wont see him again unless it is in one of the writer encounters he organizes, but keeping the distance. He was nice about the whole thing and not overly pushy, but made it clear their intentions were sexual when he asked me out and said he "understood" when i remind him he was married. I guess he does this with every girl he likes. Poor the wife .
SophieLL,

The dude might be intellectual and cerebral..this makes him an alpha male, and "Hunter" is their middle name. As far as he is concerned, if you don't cut all ties with him, it is simply a matter of "GAME ON" He will just use the occasion of those writer encounter groups to keep after you. He may keep his distance for a while but not for long.

So you had to "remind" him he was married. Oh boy, "what a prize" you'd have with him as a lover!

Old 05-07-2013, 03:31 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,965,507 times
Sophie please invest our energy in something else. You WILL get over this. You need to stop checking his facebook profile and answering his messages

At one time I liked a guy who flirted with me a lot and later found out he was married.(big shocker) I know it's different because in your mind you saw him as single but one day (like I did) you will see him for the scumbag that he is and you will be repulsed by this guy. Just stay away from these kind of men, they are not worth it.

This guy I was talking about ended up cheating on his wife with another girl we knew. He eventually got divorced (NOT a shocker) and asked me out. I had zero attraction for him at that point. Why would anyone be attracted to someone with such low morals? You are in the right track, you are not special, he is just a dog that will cheat on his wife if given the chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships