Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 10:06 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,298,526 times

Advertisements

When I was with my ex I paid for 2 $2400 cruises 1.) because he didn't have the money and 2.) because I wanted to go on vacation.

IMO if you plan the trip, you shouldn't ask her to cover the expenses. If you both decide to go mutually, than it should be split.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 10:10 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,181 times
Unless you are looking for an excuse to break up with her, just talk it over. You may be reading more into it than is actually there.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:18 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,982,200 times
if she doesn't drive or doesn't drive much (common where I am), she may have had no idea gas could get that expensive

not that this is a good thing but perhaps something that you haven't considered?

i feel it's a little lame of her, but also worth talking over rather than jump to any conclusions

Old 05-01-2013, 10:34 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,194,972 times
No, you're not wrong for wanting her to pay half, especially if that is what you agreed to at the outset, and especially-especially if the trip was her idea.

I would just tell her flat-out that if she can't afford to live up to her agreement, we can just go another time. I mean, she's a physician. She can afford it. It sounds like she's playing games with you.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:40 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,213,865 times
Personally I would never date a man that asked me to pay for anything or split gas. I've dated a lot of guys and never had one ask me to pay for anything. I would be insulted to say the least. Makes a guy look cheap, selfish, and greedy. Chivalry is not dead.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:44 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,982,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
Personally I would never date a man that asked me to pay for anything or split gas. I've dated a lot of guys and never had one ask me to pay for anything. I would be insulted to say the least. Makes a guy look cheap, selfish, and greedy. Chivalry is not dead.
fair enough. just fyi, a lot of guys who pay for everything aren't doing it to be "chivalrous"...

Old 05-01-2013, 10:48 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,116,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Started planning a trip with a girl i'm dating to go out to yellowstone. Originally when we planned it, she said she would pay half of gas.. and when i brought it up closer to the time of the trip to calculaute the costs, she got a little awkward.

I'm not in the wrong for having her pay half for a trip am i? This has to be normal... and in my defense she makes quite a bit more than me considering shes a doctor.. Not that i ever bring it up to her, I pay for most things when we go out.

I'm not sure what you mean by "she got a little awkward" but there's nothing wrong with asking:
"I'm estimating the cost of our upcoming trip and the gas will be $400 and food will be $200 so we'll each pony up $300. Is that still okay with you?"

Personally, I'd just front the money if the girl hasn't been friendzoned. Maybe I'm old-fashion but splitting the bill is only something I'd do with my guy friends when we go on roadtrips.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:49 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,282,348 times
Quote:
*Princess Mentality*

Burgler, perhaps there was a misunderstanding but it's not a red flag for me. This response is the only red flag I see here.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:03 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,733,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
No, you're not wrong for wanting her to pay half, especially if that is what you agreed to at the outset, and especially-especially if the trip was her idea.

I would just tell her flat-out that if she can't afford to live up to her agreement, we can just go another time. I mean, she's a physician. She can afford it. It sounds like she's playing games with you.
I agree ^^^

Game playing is shoddy treatment.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:04 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,101 times
Quote:
You might want to get into the 21 century, luckily people who think like this are dying off. As far as Chivarlry , that died with the feminist movement and "equal" rights for women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships