Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 03:37 PM

17 posts, read 12,025 times

Advertisements

I saw this forum and thought it'd be a good place for a very interesting discussion. I have a friend who is 27 years old and has never had a serious relationship with a woman ever. When I first heard about this, I thought he was a loser but it turns out he is a really good guy, actually he's very intelligent but I have come to see that he is awful when it comes to approaching or starting conversations with women for these reasons:

1. He is very negative and gives up too quick, everytime a woman turns him down he takes it personally and shuns the woman when she wants to be friends. I don't think any woman likes a man who is a baby when she turns him down. Everything is pessimisstic in his eyes and he always sees the bad in asking a woman out.

2. Can't take criticism! Everytime a woman tends to gives him advice on how to approach a woman correctly he gets defensive and feels like they are attacking him. And he wonders why he has been alone and single all his life.

3. Everytime me or someone else tries to set him up on a date with a woman, he acts insulted as if the woman isn't good enough for him.

4. Not willing to put in the work to meet women. Everytime me and my other friends want to go out on the town to have fun and meet women he would rather stay at home, eat junk food, and play video games. He says it's too much work and much harder for a man to meet and be accepted by women than vice versa.

Anyways, if some men are having a tough time getting a girlfriend these could be some reasons that are killing your chances. Add some more if you'd like

Old 10-20-2016, 03:39 PM

1,265 posts, read 970,835 times
5. Maybe he just wants to live in moms basement for the rest of his life.

6. Maybe he needs to try guys instead.

Old 10-20-2016, 03:41 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,302,876 times
Not every man is going to be successful with the ladies and he is perhaps one of those men.

Old 10-20-2016, 03:46 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,091,872 times
7. He doesn't understand that dating is a game that you loose many many many times but only win once (hopefully). Winning too early in the game isn't necessarily a good thing.

Old 10-20-2016, 03:49 PM

151 posts, read 126,740 times
Is he actually complaining about this situation? Because if he seems fine with things as they are, why be all over him to do things he doesn't want to?

Old 10-20-2016, 03:49 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,927,540 times
What do you mean he "Shuns the woman when she wants to be friends"?

As in the women who rejected him? Well there's one thing he's doing right. If she rejects him, he should shun her friendship. I'm surprised by the sounds of him, he doesn't try being their friend after rejection, by thinking it will get her to change her mind and like him.

Old 10-20-2016, 03:53 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,302,876 times
8. Relationships are work. They are about give, take, and trust. Yes nobody likes rejection but it's inevitable when it comes to dating. Even women get rejected. If he isn't willing to put in the work then maybe he doesn't want a relationship.

Old 10-20-2016, 04:04 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,727 times
Just 1 thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFrank718 View Post
1. He is very negative and gives up too quick, everytime a woman turns him down he takes it personally and shuns the woman when she wants to be friends. I don't think any woman likes a man who is a baby when she turns him down. Everything is pessimisstic in his eyes and he always sees the bad in asking a woman out.
Well I don't think it's bad he doesn't accept friendship. As some say, it's a consolation prize. When he asked the lady out, he was attracted to her. So after being rejected, friendship just isn't appealing since he wasn't looking for a platonic friend. Plus for some, it's hard being friends with people they have romantic or sexual feelings for. Hanging out with them knowing they don't find you good enough to date, then having to be around or see them hooking up, or going out with other people, and having to hang out with their new partners as well -which may cause some envy, not the most fun feeling.

Now is he acting like an ass to the women afterward? Like insulting, or cursing them?

Because just not accepting friendship doesn't automatically make him a baby. Some will not be friends with people they are attracted to.

Old 10-20-2016, 04:06 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,927,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Just 1 thing

Well I don't think it's bad he doesn't accept friendship. As some say, it's a consolation prize. When he asked the lady out, he was attracted to her. So after being rejected, friendship just isn't appealing since he wasn't looking for a platonic friend. Plus for some, it's hard being friends with people they have romantic or sexual feelings for. Hanging out with them knowing they don't find you good enough to date, then having to be around or see them hooking up, or going out with other people, and having to hang out with their new partners as well -which may cause some envy, not the most fun feeling.

Now is he acting like an ass to the women afterward? Like insulting, or cursing them?

Because just not accepting friendship doesn't automatically make him a baby. Some will not be friends with people they are attracted to.
This.

No reason to accept friendship with someone that rejected you. If someone thinks you should, I'd tell them that's a load of crap.

Old 10-20-2016, 04:08 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,341,636 times
First of all, your friend needs a change of mentality.

This is NOT saying that he's crazy, by any means. Just that he has to change up his game, if you will...

1. Think positive, not negative. Women can definitely read negativity! He has to develop self-confidence, and show self-confidence in his body language, tone of voice, and demeanor. It's like being a salesman; you're gonna get a lot of "no"s before you get a "yes". And with confidence, he will get a "yes".

2. If/when a woman gives him advice on how to approach, for Heaven's sake, take the advice! Tell your friend to listen carefully to what she's saying - and quit taking himself so damn seriously!!

3. If he thinks the woman isn't good enough for him (or vice versa), trust and believe, she's gonna know it! She's gonna see it in his body language, tone, etc. MAJOR turn-off!!!

4. He's gonna have to put in the work, if he wants a woman! Women will not fall into his lap! Get his fanny out of the house, forget the stupid video games, put on some nice clothes and go out!!
I was like your friend maybe 30 years ago. I literally had to be dragged out of my house kicking and screaming by a couple of friends. I hated their guts at first...but after some time, and some "schooling", if you will, I now worship the ground they walk on. They did ME a huge favor, and I couldn't even begin to repay them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships