Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2013, 12:59 PM

629 posts, read 1,231,616 times

Advertisements

One day while walking with a friend of mine, we run into a woman we both know. She's beautiful, slim, fit, blonde so I ask my friend later why he doesn't date her. I can tell she likes him and she has guys seeking her out all the time. He goes "Sorry man. She's very beautiful. It's a shame she's stupid. I need a woman I can have an intelligent conversation with." Now she's not a moron. She actively eats healthy and keeps her body in shape with rigorous exercise. She doesn't have any known issues. She just doesn't know much about anything. She's clueless when most topics come up. Kind of like the stereotypical beach blonde. I just thought it was an interesting thing to hear someone say. She'll definitely find someone because she's beautiful but you rarely hear a man not wanting to date a beautiful woman just because of a lack of intelligence. I guess the question is what if every man only sought after intelligent women regardless of beauty?
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 01:11 PM

307 posts, read 628,475 times
I think we would develop quite a population problem, considering that half of all people are below the median.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:11 PM

11,755 posts, read 11,939,171 times
IMO, men/people are more discreet than to just blurt that out, but I don't believe for a minute that many, many men haven't thought that about someone they've gone on a date with. I know I've thought that about a couple of guys I've met that I was attracted to until they opened their mouths.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:15 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,058,312 times
It should be "too" stupid to date.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:20 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,275,346 times
A lot of the guys I am friends with, masters & phd students, will definitely tell you if a chick's dumb as rocks even if she is beautiful. I've seen many of them turn down extremely attractive women due to her lack of intellect, conversation, career etc.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:20 PM

9,131 posts, read 19,866,675 times
Depends on the context the word "date" is being used. A guy who is looking for a nice looking woman to have a little fun with, or a trophy gf may not care.

A guy who is dating because he wants a longer, deeper relationship is going to want to be dating women who are more of an intellectural equal, at least to the point where they are able to carry on interesting conversations.

Your friend may have been more blunt or harsh than usual in putting this out there, but I do not think it is uncommon at all.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:22 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,084,547 times
I can certainly understand your friends thinking. When I was single, one of the women I dated worked at a bowling alley. She had a cute little girl friend that worked with her. They double dated with myself and a friend of mine often. This cute little girl friend was good looking and had a fabulous figure, altho I knew it was man made, she owned a business she obtained through a divorce. She was always hitting on me when my girl friend wasn't around. I ended up eventually breaking up with the girl friend, then she started calling me on the phone. I liked this lady a lot and she was fun to do things with, but if you talked to her for an hour you knew everything she knew. She knew nothing of current affairs, I doubt if she even knew who the President was. It was almost impossible to hold a conversation with her. She still lives in the same town as I do, and I see her around town once in a while, she is still single, she still is as dumb as a box of rocks.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:33 PM

5,900 posts, read 10,475,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami46 View Post
One day while walking with a friend of mine, we run into a woman we both know. She's beautiful, slim, fit, blonde so I ask my friend later why he doesn't date her. I can tell she likes him and she has guys seeking her out all the time. He goes "Sorry man. She's very beautiful. It's a shame she's stupid. I need a woman I can have an intelligent conversation with." Now she's not a moron. She actively eats healthy and keeps her body in shape with rigorous exercise. She doesn't have any known issues. She just doesn't know much about anything. She's clueless when most topics come up. Kind of like the stereotypical beach blonde. I just thought it was an interesting thing to hear someone say. She'll definitely find someone because she's beautiful but you rarely hear a man not wanting to date a beautiful woman just because of a lack of intelligence. I guess the question is what if every man only sought after intelligent women regardless of beauty?

Actually, this is quite common. I ve heard men talking about this issue many times, they say something like this: "oh yeah, ill sleep with her in a second, but she is waaaay to stupid to be girlfriend material". This is quite normal, no smart or even normal intelligence men wants to date a dumb bimbo.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:39 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,119,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewdrop93 View Post
it should be "too" stupid to date.
lol!

Old 05-02-2013, 01:55 PM

3,670 posts, read 7,133,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestyn View Post
I think we would develop quite a population problem, considering that half of all people are below the median.
yea, and funny the op labels himself such a genius haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships