Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 11:06 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,894,785 times

Advertisements

While infidelity has always existed throughout the ages I do not understand why some people act as if pursuing a man/woman already in a relationship is normal behavior. Do people lack the ability to know right from wrong.

I had the day off a few weeks ago and caught the Wendy Williams show. When Wendy asked questions of the audience one lady asked how she could get this man's attention. Smiling she revealed she can't stop thinking of this man and she really wants him. She revealed that he was married and revealed she had to have him and she didn't care if he was married.
Wendy (like myself and other audience members) was offended. Wendy told her to sit down and told her she can't be that disrespectful to ask a married woman how to lure someone else's husband away from his wife. I just couldn't get over this lady giggling and laughing like what she said was acceptable.

Am I missing something? Are there no moral standards or appropriate behavior practiced in the world? Does everyone just blindly follow these set of rules of anything I want is justifiable regardless of if it's wrong or despite the negative effects? Let us not forget, those who cheat with you will cheat on you. You are getting a preview into their behavior.

Moral values have declined but wow, is this where we are in society? Pursing a married man and professing this desire as if it's okay.

While this is not new, shame from the community and others were common place for the men and women that committed this offense. How society changed when it comes to cheating over the past 50 years?

Last edited by hatgirl007; 07-11-2015 at 11:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2015, 11:11 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,338,536 times
People have always been scuzzy...since time started.

You think cheating is new?
Murder? Theft?
Why do you think they addressed it in The Bible? Bc it was likely happening all the time.

That being said, I have always felt it is the duty of the married person and their personal community (friends, family) to preserve the sanctity of the marriage. Not strangers.

Though you are a scuzzbucket to do it.

Old 07-12-2015, 12:10 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,091,872 times
droit du seigneur was at one time morally acceptable and practiced in many customs throughout history.

Old 07-12-2015, 12:45 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,727 times
This is nothing new. Nothing today is new. Things that went on today probably happened over 5,000 years ago. Only difference is there was no social media to broadcast one's business publicly. And television that shows it around the world. In older days, many people were probably more discrete about their personal affairs.

People tell their families, friends, and post their business online alot now. But the cheaters and homewreckers always laugh and have fun until it doesn't go the way they wanted. Then they get "sad" or pissed off about it. Not because they feel guilty, but because they didn't "win", or get to have their cake and eat it too, in case of the cheat.

Last edited by HappyRain; 07-12-2015 at 12:56 AM..

Old 07-12-2015, 02:12 AM

3,016 posts, read 3,908,563 times
If a guy isn't paying enough attention to his wife & he thinks that the ring he put on her finger is an insurance policy against her ever cheating, then he needs a reality check.

And sometimes, I've been the reality check. LOL.

Monogamy as an ideal is cute, and believing in it makes dome people feel better. Kind of like kids that believe in Santa Claus and the Easter bunny.

But kids eventually grow up.

People that believe in the monogamy myth need to eventually grow up.

Old 07-12-2015, 02:26 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,698,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post

Monogamy as an ideal is cute, and believing in it makes dome people feel better. Kind of like kids that believe in Santa Claus and the Easter bunny.

But kids eventually grow up.

People that believe in the monogamy myth need to eventually grow up.

Excuse me, some of us people don't want to touch anyone else than our own spouse nor become touched by anyone else.

Some of us even are disgusted only by the thought.

We are not a myth, we genuinely feel, are and live like this.

Old 07-12-2015, 03:00 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,603,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatgirl007 View Post
While infidelity has always existed throughout the ages I do not understand why some people act as if pursuing a man/woman already in a relationship is normal behavior. Do people lack the ability to know right from wrong.

I had the day off a few weeks ago and caught the Wendy Williams show. When Wendy asked questions of the audience one lady asked how she could get this man's attention. Smiling she revealed she can't stop thinking of this man and she really wants him. She revealed that he was married and revealed she had to have him and she didn't care if he was married.
Wendy (like myself and other audience members) was offended. Wendy told her to sit down and told her she can't be that disrespectful to ask a married woman how to lure someone else's husband away from his wife. I just couldn't get over this lady giggling and laughing like what she said was acceptable.

Am I missing something? Are there no moral standards or appropriate behavior practiced in the world? Does everyone just blindly follow these set of rules of anything I want is justifiable regardless of if it's wrong or despite the negative effects? Let us not forget, those who cheat with you will cheat on you. You are getting a preview into their behavior.

Moral values have declined but wow, is this where we are in society? Pursing a married man and professing this desire as if it's okay.

While this is not new, shame from the community and others were common place for the men and women that committed this offense. How society changed when it comes to cheating over the past 50 years?
Yes, people do immoral things all the time.

Old 07-12-2015, 04:18 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,920,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
Excuse me, some of us people don't want to touch anyone else than our own spouse nor become touched by anyone else.

Some of us even are disgusted only by the thought.

We are not a myth, we genuinely feel, are and live like this.

People who practice low quality behavior tend to put it in their head that what they do is completely normal.

Old 07-12-2015, 04:43 AM

5,475 posts, read 6,294,063 times
You're looking for honesty and morality on the Wendy Williams show, lol???? The woman in the audience that she asked the question of was most no doubt a plant put there to start a proactive discussion. You know, the type of discussion guaranteed to generate all the fake "oooooohs" from the rest of the audience. The whole scenario wasn't even real, lol!

Old 07-12-2015, 05:15 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
People who practice low quality behavior tend to put it in their head that what they do is completely normal.
Exactly.

They make excuses that monogamy is "not natural," when really all they are doing is admitting that they are more beholden to their base instincts then their intellect.

I don't care if people agree to have open or polyamorous relationships, but if you agree to monogamy and you cheat, you're a jerk.

Then again soulwound was answering a post by someone who hates women and thinks rape is funny...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships