Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 09:30 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,311,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Do you cook fo your dates?
Occasionally.

I eat for them much more often
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 09:38 AM

936 posts, read 2,061,172 times
I used to cook for dates, but not anymore. All the men in my family cook, and I always loved doing it. I've gotten pretty good over the years. But at some point all the women I knew started having food issues of one kind or another.

It wasn't allergies or anything like that. It was always self-imposed issues--vegetarians, vegans, macrobiotic, Atkins, South Beach, Paleo, free-range, organic, locally-sourced, blah blah blah. "I don't eat meat, but I eat fish. But only if it's sea bass or tuna. And only if it's in sushi. Otherwise I'll just have chicken. And I don't eat eggs, unless they're brown eggs hatched locally from free-range chickens. Or unless it's in creme brulee--then I don't care where they're from, because YUM! Oh, and I just started the whole Paleo thing, so I don't eat grains. Which is OK, because I avoid gluten anyway. Oh, you got ciabatta from Whole Foods? I'll have it, then, because that doesn't really count."

Made trying to plan a menu into a royal headache, and sucked the fun right out.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:48 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,128,778 times
Growing up, I learned how to cook by watching my Mom... I like to cook but I'm lazy so I rarely cook for just myself.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:12 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times
I like to cook and I've cooked for dates in the past. I think it's a nice gesture to show someone you care about them.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:24 AM

5,356 posts, read 18,543,192 times
When I was dating my wife, I cooked meals for her and she did the same for me. I get home first, so I end up doing most of the cooking. She usually ends up preparing the salad or cuts up any vegetables, so we do work together.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:25 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,106,829 times
My wife and I both like to cook, and often we cook together for guests that are coming to dinner. I have my specialties, but everything she cooks she is good at. When we were dating she stopped by my home every Wednesday night for dinner. My house was located between her house and her work location, so stopping by was easy. On many of those Wednesday nights I would have dinner just about ready when she reached my home. I owned my own business so I could come home anytime I wanted to. She works one day a week now, yep, Wednesday, so usually on Wednesday night we eat out or I prepare dinner. We have eaten out for over 10 years now, every Thursday night, at the same restaurant. When we walk into the lounge where we have our dinner, the bar tender has already set up place settings for us and usually has poured our drinks. I would never have dated a person who couldn't cook, but with my woman I hit the jackpot...

Old 05-03-2013, 12:04 PM

22,333 posts, read 29,427,518 times
I only cooked for the ones who were worth my time and energy (which was very few)

Old 05-03-2013, 12:08 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I only cooked for the ones who were worth my time and energy (which was very few)
I tell my kids, don't PLAY hard to get. BE hard to get. I get discouraged and sad at the people on this board who don't know that. Each of us is a person inside. Why sell yourself short. Why think getting a mate is the thing. BE wonderful, and no one will fail to notice.

Old 05-03-2013, 12:23 PM

845 posts, read 1,349,120 times
I cook and have cooked for dates (the meals I've made even surprised me). However, I've stopped cooking for dates, sense it seems women don't like men who can cook.

Old 05-03-2013, 12:39 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,804,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Cooking is fun. It's a great dating activity because it allows for interaction and creativity on so many levels. It is not a cheap way out of paying for dinner out. It may end up costing more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I started calling women who can't cook "Take-out queens" since the only real chef in the kitchen for them is the microwave, and they spend a lot of money getting take-out almost exclusively.

I don't know if I"ll ever date again, but one of the skills I'm going to be looking for is the ability to cook. It doesn't have to include exotic dishes, but she has to not be afraid of touching uncooked meat, and have a good idea of some spices they know will mix well together and want to try different food. I've found that women who I've dated in the past who didn't possess the ability to cook or didn't want to try different dishes became a turn-off.
Believe it or not, I don't find myself attracted to women who don't cook. Not for me (I like cooking), but for themselves. Something very sexy about a woman who likes to and does cook, and it doesn't have to mean something elaborate either. I think you can tell a lot by a person-man or woman-from how they are in the kitchen and around food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships