Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 02:22 PM

22,314 posts, read 29,395,806 times

Advertisements

Main reason is lack of sex and affection/attention at home..Period
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 02:30 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,718,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I guess it was worth it to deal with my unattractiveness for the time being.
You need to take it easy on yourself Jet. I dont stand in the mirror each morning telling myself how hot I look but I don't dog on myself every chance I get either. It seems like half of your posts involve some kind of negative comment towards your own looks. You need to understand that looks will only help attract a mate. It's your character and personality that will keep a mate.

I wonder what I'd see if I saw you at the grocery store?

Last edited by Scottay; 05-06-2013 at 02:42 PM..

Old 05-06-2013, 02:40 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,718,285 times
Married people cheat because:
1) They only focus on what they're not getting from a relationship instead of appreciating what they are getting.

2) Lack of moral fiber, consideration and empathy for their spouse.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:54 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottay View Post
You need to take it easy on yourself Jet. I dont stand in the mirror each morning telling myself how hot I look but I don't dog on myself every chance I get either. It seems like half of your posts involve some kind of negative comment towards your own looks. You need to understand that looks will only help attract a mate. It's your character and personality that will keep a mate.

I wonder what I'd see if I saw you at the grocery store?
But, as has been said more times than I can remember on this forum, if you're not attracted to the person no amount of character and personality is going to keep them around. It's just the honest truth.

And I don't dog on myself either, I go by what other people have told me and for some reason random people like to pick on my looks so I know it's not just me. Have you ever been told on a first date that you're 'unfortunate looking?' I mean, my ex told me he was embarrassed to be seen with me in public because of the way I looked. He wouldn't even hug me in public and introduced me as his 'friend' even after we'd been together for years.

Honestly, I don't even think I'm bad looking and on some days I think I look downright awesome. I just think I have enough small physical flaws that push me into the realm of 'eh, not worth it' for most men.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:59 PM

1,322 posts, read 4,235,996 times
there is a big difference between the cheater that seeks out affairs and the cheater that gets caught in the moment and loses control of themselves. they are both wrong, but one is malicious much more of a butthole.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:00 PM

1,322 posts, read 4,235,996 times
....coworkers. seems to be a big problem where i work. spend alot time with your coworkers, sometimes more than with your own spouse. and there is no domestic responsibilities and stress with your coworkers.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:19 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,538,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
At the most basic level, people cheat in relationship because strict monogamy is just not a biological truth for most people.

Don't get me wrong: some percentage of people desire strict monogamy are perfectly content with it. But for many others, maintaining strict monogamy is a difficult, stressful, unhappy experience. It isn't "natural" for them at all.

I don't think the problem is cheating. I think the problem is out culture's insistence that strict monogamy is the best way, even the only way, for everyone. It isn't.
I call B.S. This is about choices that people have control over. If you firmly believe you are NOT MEANT TO COMMIT TO ONE PERSON, then don't get into a relationship with someone who has that expectation. If you choose to commit to a monogamous relationship, then follow through. If you can't do that, don't enter in. Nobody puts a gun to your head and says you must be in a monogamous relationship. But if you choose it, own it.

Old 05-06-2013, 05:04 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,626,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The bolded is something I've always wondered too, OP. There are a lot of reasons, I think. Some people are just immature and not ready for commitment. Some cheat because they're not getting enough sex from their spouse. If sex drives are very mis-matched, then it becomes a problem.
Opportunism and pursuing of personal indulgence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader44 View Post
I call BS on this. Humans DO NOT have a biological need to kill if we get "cheezed" off with each other.If this were true human behavior we would have gone extinct long ago.We are group and herd animals and that kind of behavior upsets the herd.Even lower animals don't randomly kill there own kind when they get pissed off. Yes humans kill each other but the vast majority would never kill our fellow man even if we could get away with it.
Life made me grow up pretty fast due to a war. What I can tell you is that you are terribly wrong. It requires an essay about just how delusional you truly are.

Last edited by nald; 05-06-2013 at 05:26 PM..

Old 05-07-2013, 12:39 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,522,069 times
many good answers

Old 05-07-2013, 12:49 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,875,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
You don't need a reason to cheat, only desire and opportunity. You need a reason to NOT cheat that's stronger.
the truth...we need to stop focusing on the reason TO cheat and focus on the reason(s) Not to
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships