Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2013, 11:24 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,974,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
O o oo....I hate being asked:

1) What do you do for work?
Which really means: How much money do you make and/or are you successful?
This makes it the perfect douche filter question!

Any guy who interprets a question about how he spends the majority of his waking hours as a question about money is too dumb for me.

Quote:

4) When was your last relationship?
Which really means: When is the last time you were with someone and/or had sex?
Anyone who isn't comfortable talking honestly about the last time he had sex is too ignorant about STIs to get into my pants. Anyone who doesn't want to say when their last relationship ended is too secretive. And, once again, anyone who misinterprets the question in the paranoid way suggested is not for me, either.

Honest, open, smart, non-paranoid, and non-douchey = I might be interested in a second date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2013, 11:25 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,287,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
5. When is your Birthday.

4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

3. Do you like your job?

2. Why are you single?

1. WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO FOR FUN

That's funny, my answer to all five questions is the same thing:

"What do you think? I'm a sex machine."

Old 05-09-2013, 11:28 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,885,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
It's been my experience that people who are serious about wanting to meet someone don't mind "serious" (i.e. potentially boring) questions. It's the guys who are just wanting to "casually" date someone are the ones who prefer the "fluff" questions, and get ticked off or annoyed by more personal/relevent questions...at least that's been MY experience. YMMV.

I remember I was watching a TV show and the episode was about someone going to a dating service. Some the lady was putting her video profile together and she stated that she is looking for a husband and the director of the dating site said........."we don't use the word husband around here"

Then the lady said......."But that's what I want"

The Director then said......"I know that and you know that, but he doesn't need to know that"

Point being is that no woman needs to know how I feel about having kids and being married in the first conversation.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:37 AM

2,186 posts, read 2,912,827 times
Quote:
O o oo....I hate being asked:

1) What do you do for work?
Which really means: How much money do you make and/or are you successful?
I take it as really meaning: What are you passionate about? What are you devoting your life to doing?
The career a person ends up with says a lot more about them than just how much money they make.

Quote:
2) Where do you live?
Which really means: Do you live on your own or with someone?
What's wrong with wanting to know that? That's pretty important information. Also, the neighborhood a person chooses to live in says a lot about their values, particularly in a place like Chicago where (as you know) neighborhoods vary a lot. Besides that, knowing where somebody lives is pretty important dating information from a practical point of view, since there's a difference between traveling 15 minutes to see somebody vs. 2 hours.

Do you really expect to date someone without them knowing what you do for a living or where you live? How many dates do you expect to go on before that information is shared?

Old 05-09-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Anyone who isn't comfortable talking honestly about the last time he had sex is too ignorant about STIs to get into my pants.
Anyone who thinks the time since a person last had sex has anything to do with whether or not they have an STI is too ignorant to get into mine.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
It's the guys who are just wanting to "casually" date someone who prefer the "fluff" questions, and get ticked off or annoyed by more personal/relevent questions...
Yep....also known as people who have something to hide. It's not just guys, either.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:46 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,885,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
I take it as really meaning: What are you passionate about? What are you devoting your life to doing?
The career a person ends up with says a lot more about them than just how much money they make.

What's wrong with wanting to know that? That's pretty important information. Also, the neighborhood a person chooses to live in says a lot about their values, particularly in a place like Chicago where (as you know) neighborhoods vary a lot. Besides that, knowing where somebody lives is pretty important dating information from a practical point of view, since there's a difference between traveling 15 minutes to see somebody vs. 2 hours.

Do you really expect to date someone without them knowing what you do for a living or where you live? How many dates do you expect to go on before that information is shared?

What if u r doing a certain job because you need to pay the bills?

Old 05-09-2013, 11:47 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,974,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
Inorite?

Old 05-09-2013, 11:49 AM

29,687 posts, read 34,222,963 times
Quote:
What if u r doing a certain job because you need to pay the bills?
Then you say that. "I'm a <blank> because it pays the bills, but what I really enjoy is <whatever>" Conversation ensues.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:50 AM

2,279 posts, read 4,732,864 times
Quote:
Point being is that no woman needs to know how I feel about having kids and being married in the first conversation.
I don't know, I think that's something that needs to be discussed fairly early on. If not during the first initial conversation, than surely by the 1st or 2nd date. For example, I absolutely do not want children. It's a deal-breaker for me. I also am not interested in a relationship with someone who has children.

If someone has children, or if not having children would be a deal breaker for them, it would be quite a waste of time for them to explore a relationship with me, wouldn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships