Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2013, 12:29 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,875,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I want to know what society telling me something sounds like. It is a voice in one's head? What does society's voice sound like?
Society pushes people to get married. It's in tv shows and marketing and everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 12:29 PM

286 posts, read 416,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Why because I stated a fact? widowers often put their deceased wife on a pedestal, this is a fact. I wouldn't be comfortable in a situation where they talk about how much they loved their wife.
So you want him to tell you how much he hated his deceased spouse?? I suppose you just want him to forget about her, too...act like she didn't even exist just to please your narcissistic self.

Seriously, what is wrong with you?? Dear God...

Old 05-06-2013, 12:30 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,587,989 times
Quote:
Society pushes people to get married. It's in tv shows and marketing and everything.
OK, I find that absurd. Maybe your parents push you to get married but society, no.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:33 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,088,952 times
In all the threads OP has made (and there have been a LOT), it seems all the emphasis on taco man is that he's never married, religious, and doesn't have any kids. Whoop de doo. Those three things don't mean squat when it comes to making a marriage last. They're honestly the stupidest criteria I can imagine when it comes to choosing a mate. I was dead wrong in the end, but I married my husband because I thought he was a good human being and would be a supportive spouse, and one day a good father. Maybe I am a failure because obviously I was wrong on who he truly was as a person, but at least I didn't choose him based on some kind of ridiculous check list.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:36 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,157,398 times
Quote:
Society is a cogent, aware being that has the capacity to act, as with "forcing" things upon me??!!? Who knew.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:36 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,026,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
My girlfriend is from the United States of America and she's not anything like the OP.

I know- I don't ever recall typing that all 150+ million American females are all bad, just relating my observations and personal experiences.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:40 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,157,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
In all the threads OP has made (and there have been a LOT), it seems all the emphasis on taco man is that he's never married, religious, and doesn't have any kids. Whoop de doo. Those three things don't mean squat when it comes to making a marriage last. They're honestly the stupidest criteria I can imagine when it comes to choosing a mate.
They have one and only one thing going for them. They pretty much ensure that OP won't ever get married. I think that is the goal, even if subconscious. She is one sick individual.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:40 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,875,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishMajor1983 View Post
So you want him to tell you how much he hated his deceased spouse?? I suppose you just want him to forget about her, too...act like she didn't even exist just to please your narcissistic self.

Seriously, what is wrong with you?? Dear God...
Not at all but a second spouse will compete, that's how it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
In all the threads OP has made (and there have been a LOT), it seems all the emphasis on taco man is that he's never married, religious, and doesn't have any kids. Whoop de doo. Those three things don't mean squat when it comes to making a marriage last. They're honestly the stupidest criteria I can imagine when it comes to choosing a mate. I was dead wrong in the end, but I married my husband because I thought he was a good human being and would be a supportive spouse, and one day a good father. Maybe I am a failure because obviously I was wrong on who he truly was as a person, but at least I didn't choose him based on some kind of ridiculous check list.
Actually those are called morals and morals trump everything else. I found at first we had the same interests but once I found out we shared the same morals I knew.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:41 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,204,065 times
Quote:
But it does. Many people rush into marriages because society tells them marriage is the most important thing. Many admit they didn't even want to marry the person or got bad vibes from the marriage.

No, it DOESN'T. Society doesn't tell people to get married. Where do you get that notion from?? Please provide a link of these many who admit they didn't want to marry the person. Some people don't see their spouses other side until they get married. My BIL can't keep it in his pants. I wish his ex-wife had a crystal ball.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:43 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,026,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Because all American women are the same and all Australian women are the same.

Well American guys sure get painted with a broad brush, especially in here on CD, and no one seems to object too much- besides, I'm just going off my personal experiences. You don't have to agree, just calling it as I personally have seen it. Sometimes a different place and group of people is just a much better fit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships