Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2013, 12:14 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
A woman with out of wedlock children is a well you know, as is a man. I'm not one of those and never have been.

So you personally know ALL unmarried parents in America well enough to pass judgment on their character? That's fine if you don't agree with the lifestyle or the choices some people make, but to come down so harsh, and tear down people you never met, while unfairly judging them, wow. How would you like to be unfairly judged and ripped like that? It must be very lonely up there on your pedestal. Remember harsh statements can come back to haunt a person down the road. Karma etc. I've never seen a person who claims to be all holy and CHristian, judge others so unfairly, and present themselves in such a poor light. Does your man know how you speak of others? I would be embarrassed if my SO conducted herself like this in public.
Life has a way of humbling those on their high horses. Judge not, lest ye be judged; God is watching. God help you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2013, 12:18 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
So you personally know ALL unmarried parents in America well enough to pass judgment on their character? That's fine if you don't agree with the lifestyle or the choices some people make, but to come down so harsh, and tear down people you never met, while unfairly judging them, wow. How would you like to be unfairly judged and ripped like that? It must be very lonely up there on your pedestal. Remember harsh statements can come back to haunt a person down the road. Karma etc. I've never seen a person who claims to be all holy and CHristian, judge others so unfairly, and present themselves in such a poor light. Does your man know how you speak of others? I would be embarrassed if my SO conducted herself like this in public.
Life has a way of humbling those on their high horses. Judge not, lest ye be judged; God is watching. God help you
They should have married the person they had a child with. Yes he knows how I feel and feels the same.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:40 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
Quote:
They should have married the person they had a child with. Yes he knows how I feel and feels the same.

Exactly who are you to tell people who they should and shouldn't marry? Not everything is black and white-every situation is different

Old 05-07-2013, 12:51 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,409,867 times
I can't believe I read this whole thread.

OP, you are WAY too old to be acting/thinking like this. Even teenagers don't behave like this!

Old 05-07-2013, 12:57 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,746 times
Perhaps meeting the agnostic/atheist dude put another spin on dating.. and in some ways, he represents another possibility that conflicts with a previous notion about second marriages.

Sounds like there's a conflict in values here.

I grew up Catholic and see how matrimony and family systems work, and how they are held sacred in a death due you part kind of way.

Guy number two may be more inter-personally compatible, but a part of you feels perhaps his divorce is indicative in your clash of values, and possibly, lifestyle? At the same time, he may have been a great guy despite some of his decisions in his past?

You're looking for someone who shares similar views, and I can see how frustrating dating is when our ideals don't always quite match up well with the people we meet, and I understand not liking the idea of settling nor being settled for.

Old 05-07-2013, 11:16 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
The other guy no isn't a match both in terms of this but also because he is atheist. I can't date an atheist under any circumstance.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:15 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,234,745 times
This thread, as all the others, are simply like...

I don't think there's anything else to add to this thread.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:50 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,898,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
I can't believe I read this whole thread.

OP, you are WAY too old to be acting/thinking like this. Even teenagers don't behave like this!

I think it is the only way she can elevate herself. Seems odd that she thinks that much about people she seemingly thinks she is superior to.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:51 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,898,304 times
Quote:
The other guy no isn't a match both in terms of this but also because he is atheist. I can't date an atheist under any circumstance.

Why can't you date an atheist? Because they don't share the same values as you do? What are those values exactly?

Old 05-07-2013, 01:55 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
Why can't you date an atheist? Because they don't share the same values as you do? What are those values exactly?
Lying to get your way so long as you marry in the correct church.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships