Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2013, 12:47 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,898,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GINGERSNAP1963 View Post
Larkspur, would you WANT to be the OUTSIDER? Let me tell you, it ain't fun and sometimes a very humiliating experience.
What I am asking is why she wouldn't think a similar outsider dynamic wouldn't occur when she moves in with taco man and taco mom. I'm not talking about the desire, just why she thinks taco mom would be that different from the dynamic of an ex-wife. My grandma lived with us for a time, so I know first hand how that can be disruptive.

Thanks to the poster who coined "taco mom".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 12:48 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,898,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
There are great men out there but the divorced dad is not one I am still open to. Also generally not open to divorced men in general. Does it limit my options? oh sure but I am fine with that.

Because I don't want to. Our values are different and am not open to dating a man who will not attend church or even marry in one.
What values are those, besides the fact he would not believe in Christ?

Old 05-08-2013, 12:58 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
What values are those, besides the fact he would not believe in Christ?
That in itself is the reason why. I can't date someone who doesn't believe nor would I date someone not open to marrying in church.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Yes, you have stated you love kids and want your own someday. And I have advised that you should see how Taco Man feels about this because you may need to decide if being with him is more important than being a mother. It's not an easy choice-been there, done that. I chose the man, and in the end ended up widowed at 34 with no children. I'd choose him again in a heartbeat, but I do have times I wish my life had gone down a more traditional route.

You have also stated, however, that you have issues with single dads because they have to spend money on their kids instead of you. Where do you think the bulk of your money is going to go if you have kids of your own someday?
There is a difference between my money go towards any kids I have versus my money going towards kids I had no role in bringing into the world. I am content not having kids if that is what happens.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:20 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,515,431 times
Quote:
What I am asking is why she wouldn't think a similar outsider dynamic wouldn't occur when she moves in with taco man and taco mom. I'm not talking about the desire, just why she thinks taco mom would be that different from the dynamic of an ex-wife. My grandma lived with us for a time, so I know first hand how that can be disruptive.

Thanks to the poster who coined "taco mom".
Oh sorry, my very dumb bad. Please forgive my earlier post then.

And you are right about that too. Taco Mom, snicker snicker, I think might be worse than ex Mrs. Taco if there had been one. A man still living with his mommy at that age is going to want his new wife to mother him just like mommy does and could be the reason he doesn't want kids - he'd no longer be the center of attention.

Hear that IDDY, I know we've brought this up to you before but honey you should really, really consider this. I know love can blur a situation but keep your wits about with Taco Man. Don't let your heart overrule your common sense.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:24 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
I never said I couldn't but no wouldn't marry a man with an annulment if he has kids. Not sure about widowers. However I have a boyfriend so this doesn't pertain to me.

Technically, none of this pertains to you if you have a boyfriend. Yet you insist on starting threads to berate entire demographics of people.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:29 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Those are nice sentiments, but they don't exactly portray the realities of parenthood, in the aspect that there are some times where the child's needs do come first. Saying things like marriage should come before your children doesn't work in the day to day realities of dealing with a child who is frequently ill, etc. Taking care of a child does take time, and that means that is less time for the couple. Most are mature enough to realize it, but the article you posted doesn't really reflect that.

Nowadays, in the era of helicopter parenting and children calling adults by their first names, they don't. When I was a kid, there were better boundaries. Parents were parents, not their kids' friends. Adults were adults, and there was a time and place for children. There was far less instant gratification, and kids learned from an early age how to entertain themselves. The French still do things this way, and their kids are much better behaved for it.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GINGERSNAP1963 View Post
Oh sorry, my very dumb bad. Please forgive my earlier post then.

And you are right about that too. Taco Mom, snicker snicker, I think might be worse than ex Mrs. Taco if there had been one. A man still living with his mommy at that age is going to want his new wife to mother him just like mommy does and could be the reason he doesn't want kids - he'd no longer be the center of attention.

Hear that IDDY, I know we've brought this up to you before but honey you should really, really consider this. I know love can blur a situation but keep your wits about with Taco Man. Don't let your heart overrule your common sense.

He's open to kids and he isn't dependent on his mom at all.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:01 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
He's open to kids and he isn't dependent on his mom at all.
I have a very hard time believing this.

IDDY, I may have missed it somewhere, but it seems by what other posters are saying, that he lives with his mother. Is that the case?

Old 05-08-2013, 02:33 PM

Yes he lived with his mom but isn't dependent on her. They live together mostly to save money for the business and he doesn't see a purpose in moving out since he is single. He cooks and cleans and runs the business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships