Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 05:51 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,872,814 times

Advertisements

@ Pammyd : I liked reading you. I'm 58 and my wife is 64, we've been together for 20 years now, we are like the palms of one hand.
Of course like any couple we have our ups and downs, it can be rocky at times! but I'm ready to bet- heck I even experienced it before I met my wife- that a younger woman would have packed at the first argument...they are simply not patient (and caring) enough, and not mature enough to understand that arguing (well not all the time sure) is also a normal part of a couple's life!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 06:33 AM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
I don't see it as anything that is occurring with any more frequency than it always has. I have always dated younger men and I married a man that was almost 6 years younger. My current BF is almost 10 years younger. Some men simply prefer a type of woman that is more mature than most of the women his own age. There will always be women that are physically in good shape of every age. Those that are also intelligent, stable, and attractive, are exactly what a lot of men are looking for, no matter what his education. Nothing wrong with that.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:38 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,372,221 times
My mother was getting hit on by younger men well into her 50s. Look, why are younger women attracted to older men? Experience is appealing. Worldliness is appealing. My mother is very vivacious, flirtatious and gregarious. She draws people to her. That charisma is a definite component in her attraction. I don't know you, but all of these things are possibilities.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:36 AM

297 posts, read 502,596 times
They want sex.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:45 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,872,814 times
Thumbs down Now this is sexist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogluvr2012 View Post
They want sex.
And guys who hit on younger females don't want sex but love only? come on dude this is ridiculous!

Old 05-06-2013, 07:51 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,138 times
I think the idea is that younger men who hit on older women want sex without the relationship, obligation, texting, calling bs drama that comes with a lot of women in their 20's or even 30's. The idea is that the older women really wants the sex with no strings, while its MUCH more likely that a younger women is going to want more than that (as a 20-something most other women my age are not meeting men just to sleep with them-even if they may present it that way at first).

Old 05-06-2013, 07:54 AM

752 posts, read 1,164,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
And guys who hit on younger females don't want sex but love only? come on dude this is ridiculous!
No they want children and family. Older women are only for sex. Not in my case accurse. I understand now why so many 50ties women approach in bar. They really think they are wanted thanks to young idiots. I considered guys who go for older women losers. “Older” mean 10-15-20 years older not 5-6 as someone notice above. Clear losers of their generation. Alone nature, women fertility, define them like that.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:08 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,372,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipitop View Post
No they want children and family. Older women are only for sex. Not in my case accurse. I understand now why so many 50ties women approach in bar. They really think they are wanted thanks to young idiots. I considered guys who go for older women losers. “Older” mean 10-15-20 years older not 5-6 as someone notice above. Clear losers of their generation. Alone nature, women fertility, define them like that.
Wow. Women are for sex or childbearing. Companionship, compatibility and affection are apparently irrelevant.

I'm thinking I know who the loser is, in this case.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:14 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldTravelingYogi View Post
So why are these guys searching out older women.
they aren't.

the question is about YOU. your look screams "DTF."

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
They just want to have sex with you. You look like a 40-something woman, but physically the best sort of 40-something woman one will find. The reason why the ones who hit on you tend to be highly educated is because they have more confidence than a less educated man. If a guy wants to take a swing at an older woman, it's going to be you. You are also getting an artificial boost from the fact that you aren't fat and most younger women are. I know all about this as I am in the same age range as you and experience the exact same phenomenon. (The only difference is, I understand they just want to shag me.)

That you made a thread about this shows that you are insecure with your desirability in the world and take their attention as an ego boost. This makes you even more of an easy target. They tell you what you want to hear, you know, about looking like you are in your twenties... when clearly you look your age.

I say have fun with it, enjoy the sex if that's what you want. Just don't think a hot medical student is going to be with you long term. That type of guy is very busy with school and wants the no-hassle sex he can get from a woman who knows things aren't going anywhere.
^^took the words out of my mouth

Old 05-06-2013, 08:17 AM

752 posts, read 1,164,779 times
Older guys that are approaching 15-20 years younger women are, rightfully, considered creeps. But time is call name for ones that approach older women - LOOSERS, from first to last low X/10 no talk about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
they aren't.

the question is about YOU. your look screams "DTF,"
Aahahahahahahah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships