Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 11:38 AM

1,479 posts, read 2,719,834 times

Advertisements

It's none of your business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 11:39 AM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,438 times
shes a *****

Old 05-06-2013, 12:16 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,654,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelancheKitten View Post
The sad part of this is their 2 children would be affected the most. If it's easier to walk away if there aren't any children involved but if there are, they will wonder why aren't mommy and daddy together or maybe even asked what happened. Hence, a broken home is what's going to end up happening and my friend doesn't realize this.

Daddy should have thought of that. Also he should think about the vows he made to his wife.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:23 PM

3,983 posts, read 5,015,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottay View Post
It's none of your business.
This has been the response for most of the folks here...and I get the basic principle of not interfering with your friends' business. BUT...and I know I'll get some flak for this but seriously, why not interfere?

Why not tell her she's being immoral? Why not tell her this guy is UNAVAILABLE? Why not try to actively get her to see that this is a no-win situation?

If she doesn't listen, or doesn't care, or continues...then you can tell her why you're dropping her as a friend. I say all these things because at what point are people like this responsible for their actions? At what point to they take the inevitable consequences of being a total douche waffle?

Yes, the married man's friends should get involved as well...why keep the innocent in the dark? It's just not fair...if she's your good friend, then by all means, get involved (if you want) and let her know what she's doing is wrong. It may suck for you as well as her, but seriously, is no one responsible for anything anymore? Are we all just supposed to mind our own business...even if it hurts other people?

Old 05-06-2013, 12:30 PM

393 posts, read 466,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
This has been the response for most of the folks here...and I get the basic principle of not interfering with your friends' business. BUT...and I know I'll get some flak for this but seriously, why not interfere?

Why not tell her she's being immoral? Why not tell her this guy is UNAVAILABLE? Why not try to actively get her to see that this is a no-win situation?
Because all those things are opinions, not facts. She may not agree with any of them, and her opinion is as valid as yours.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:45 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,722,985 times
Quote:
I'm not a fan of getting involved in someone else's personal life but this situation really sucks. How would any of you feel if a good friend of yours was having an affair with someone married with kids?

I can only hope the married man's wife doesn't find out.

I would feel disgusted and seriously evaluate whether their friendship was worth the time.
You are who you associate yourself with.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:45 PM

385 posts, read 615,268 times
Quote:
I'm not a fan of getting involved in someone else's personal life but this situation really sucks. How would any of you feel if a good friend of yours was having an affair with someone married with kids?

I can only hope the married man's wife doesn't find out.
My friend would end up cut out of my life as I have no respect for people who violate covenants made before God, family, and friends - and in this case, it goes for both the married man and the other woman.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:14 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
been there.
i eventually told the women of the man she was setting up meet ups and sleeping with. it wasn't so much that i disagreed with or was trying to look out for the other people involved, it was the fact my friend on was a self destructive path and her mind was getting completely ****ed over and taken advantage of by the man who is/was a semi washed up country singer to which, sleeping around was his lifestyle and his professions of love where was just another way to get some infatuated female in to his tour bus

after that the friendship remained but was never anywhere near the same. she still hasn't come to terms with what she has done let alone that others knew and i lost all trust and credibility towards her. the friendship is all but dead

if you feel you are getting involved for the right reasons, go for it just be prepared for things to never be the same between the to of you if that's what it comes down to

Old 05-06-2013, 01:25 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
yah ignore everything in the world and there is no problems!

Old 05-06-2013, 01:25 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Let her know how you feel about it and then stay out of it. You can keep her or drop her as a friend, but let her know you will not be his friend and will not facilitate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships