Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 02:46 PM

597 posts, read 1,146,793 times

Advertisements

At this time our class graduation is just a few weeks away. Currently we are finalizing our grades and preparing for finals which will take place next week. As we graduate, it is a known fact that all of us will soon embark on the next journey of our life, as we leave our alma mater and prepare for collage or the workforce.

It is also a known fact that many of us will not be able to see our classmates after we graduate.

As I prepare to graduate I would like to ask your serious advice as to how I should endeavor to leave our school on reasonably good terms with the young lady who has so fervently rejected me. I am asking this because my previous idea regarding a letter (to clarify any misconceptions, and express my admiration of her) was criticized by all. By now, I am thoroughly convinced that sending a letter would be a serious mistake at this time.

I would like to express my sincere thanks to those who rightfully instructed me not to send that letter. After additional consideration of the matter, I came to the conclusion that those here were actually right.

That is why I am asking the advice of CD members. One poster, suggested that before departing I should give her a card and a small gift; as an expression of my admiration and best wishes for her future.

After thinking about this suggestion, I decided that this might be a good idea. (It would be less imposing than the letter) However I am in need of some suggestions. What type of gift should it be? What should the card say?

Please understand that it is only a matter of days before graduation (Our school graduates earlier than most), so good suggestions/advice is needed quickly as I will need time to plan this out.

Thank you to all for you time, consideration, and patience in answering my question. All advice is appreciated!

Best,

JW

Old 05-06-2013, 02:52 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,842 times
Oh wow OP. I don't know what pile of wisdom I should use to pull out a reply. either the "this will end badly for you" pile, or "Please quit while you are still ahead" pile. I'm not making light of your situation, but feel no good will come of this. This is NOT the stuff dreams are made of, but rather restraining orders.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:56 PM

597 posts, read 1,146,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Oh wow OP. I don't know what pile of wisdom I should use to pull out a reply. either the "this will end badly for you" pile, or "Please quit while you are still ahead" pile. I'm not making light of your situation, but feel no good will come of this. This is NOT the stuff dreams are made of, but rather restraining orders.
Thanks for the advice.

However, do you actually have an idea of my situation? If so, please take that into consideration.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:58 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,120,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Watson View Post
That is why I am asking the advice of CD members. One poster, suggested that before departing I should give her a card and a small gift; as an expression of my admiration and best wishes for her future.
Whoever that poster was, they should be taken behind the woodshed.
Look, man, just forget about this girl. Don't do or say anything. Nothing. No-thang.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:02 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,299,911 times
Congrats on your upcoming grad!

Jay! DON'T DO IT!!! Walk away quietly!!!! STOP

Then you might actually get to have a pleasant and normal conversation with her come the 10th reunion.

If you give her a gift and card now, you are doomed to Stalkerlabelville--> forever!!!

Old 05-06-2013, 03:05 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,448,003 times
the gift of silence

Old 05-06-2013, 03:06 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,619,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Congrats on your upcoming grad!

Jay! DON'T DO IT!!! Walk away quietly!!!! STOP

Then you might actually get to have a pleasant and normal conversation with her come the 10th reunion.

If you give her a gift and card now, you are doomed to Stalkerlabelville--> forever!!!
Yep, I'm going with this.

Maybe give her a handshake, wish her good luck and then part ways.

No gifts or cards or anything, just be done with it.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:07 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,842 times
I have been following your posts yes. I am aware of your situation. I can't tell you what to do of course, but here's what I see: I see a decent, fair, nice, kind, compassionate, thoughtful, intelligent, sensitive, ambitious young man in you. I see a young man who has fallen for a girl, that, to be brutally honest, does NOT seem like a very nice person. (Only you can say if I;m right about this-I'm only going off your posts, and basing my opinion on those alone-what you have told us about here) She does not seem to appreciate all that Jay Watson ( I know that isn't your real name) has to offer-fair or unfair, she just doesn't. That is no indictment of you, it just is. I know you feel that she is THE ONE, that no other girl/woman can ever be to you what she is. That your happiness, present and future, is dependent on her seeing what a great guy you are, and appreciating how much you admire her. The truth is, right now, she doesn't. Someday that may change, as she grows and matures, she may in time come to see you for the decent young man you are, and the good man you will become. In fact, I bet on it. but right now, it's all about her, and what she likes and wants, and it doesn't seem to include you. But by forcing her hand, it can only fan the flames, of what negativity she is feeling for you.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:07 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,996,375 times
I would suggest that you commit every strength of your will power, sense, love, energy, time, and resources into letting this girl go and moving on with your life 100%. There are many resources out there for you to do so and I strongly suggest you get your parents involved in this endeavor.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:08 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,889,845 times
Instead of giving her a gift, please send me one. I will take anything but have a preference for CDs, DVDs and books.

Seriously this is a bad idea. Just wish her well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships