Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 11:19 AM

29 posts, read 42,113 times

Advertisements

ok, this 's first time I share my story in forum. I have a really close friend, I and her known each other when we were children and we had a wonderful friendship. When we grow up, we both have many relationship in school but we still are good friends. I fall in love with her when we a freshman in university but she never know, I always care about her, do everythings to make her happy and hope...I dont have confidence to tell her I love her.
And last week, she said she have a boyfriend. I know it's good for her but I feel so sad.
Everybody, do I have a chance to win her heart, what should I do in this situation?
Thanks for reading, I hope I can deal with bad status.
English is not my native language, sorry if I have some mistake
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2013, 01:51 PM

39,226 posts, read 27,597,823 times
I will never steal other people's husbands or boyfriends. Automatic deal breaker for me.
Period.
I think you know what to do. Honestly.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:55 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,451,329 times
its nothing unless there is someone "loving" you back in the same way, its just a feeling.
until then give the person the room they need to experience life the way they see fit, its not your choice to make right now she has chosen whom she want to love for the moment.

Old 05-07-2013, 02:05 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkokono View Post
ok, this 's first time I share my story in forum. I have a really close friend, I and her known each other when we were children and we had a wonderful friendship. When we grow up, we both have many relationship in school but we still are good friends. I fall in love with her when we a freshman in university but she never know, I always care about her, do everythings to make her happy and hope...I dont have confidence to tell her I love her.
And last week, she said she have a boyfriend. I know it's good for her but I feel so sad.
Everybody, do I have a chance to win her heart, what should I do in this situation?
Thanks for reading, I hope I can deal with bad status.
English is not my native language, sorry if I have some mistake
If she has a boyfriend, then all you can do is move on. You should have let her know how you felt about her. It's okay. A common mistake. I myself didn't act and take the risk on some women that I had feelings for. Even if you do have a chance to win her heart, it probably isn't the right thing to break up a relationship. Also, she probably sees you as a friend and nothing more.

The best thing to do now is to go out and meet other women (so that you can get over your close friend). Meanwhile, keep things on a friendly level with your friend. If things do not work out for her. Let her know that you are interested in being more than friends. If she says yes, (which in my mind is probably highly unlikely) great. If she says no, then respect her response.

Old 05-07-2013, 02:11 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Don't worry about your English, we can certainly understand you. I am so sorry. I know this hurts. You should definitely try to date other women. If this girl eventually breaks up with her boyfriend (I hate to put it that way, nobody hopes for a break-up) then perhaps that will be the time to tell her of your feelings for her, if you still have them. But for now she is taken.

Old 05-07-2013, 02:15 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,478,979 times
Now that she has a boyfriend I think I would let them be. It isn't right to try to break them apart, but if a day comes where they do break up I would suggest that you tell her how you feel about her. It is very likley that she has no idea at all.

Old 05-07-2013, 02:16 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkokono View Post
Everybody, do I have a chance to win her heart,
Sure.

Quote:
what should I do in this situation?
go find someone else

Old 05-07-2013, 02:20 PM

393 posts, read 466,519 times
Go after her. You only live once. She's not her boyfriend's property.

Old 05-07-2013, 02:20 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,830,417 times
Be a champ and get a chick who's single and 10x hotter.

Old 05-07-2013, 02:28 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi64 View Post
Go after her. You only live once. She's not her boyfriend's property.
I'd be more concerned about the property the boyfriend DOES own. Such as guns, knives, baseball bats, a couple of right-hand men, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships