Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2013, 02:52 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,181,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Oh you poor baby...go see a therapist. No-one is entitled to anything in this life, get over it.
No one is entitled to anything... unless you are a woman!! Then, if your husband does not do exactly what you want and cater to every one of your wishes, you are perfectly entitled to get a divorce and take him for all he is worth.

Please, spare me the hypocritical entitlement lecture. Tons of women feel entitled to all kinds of things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Want a hug?
Sure

Old 05-10-2013, 02:55 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
No one is entitled to anything... unless you are a woman!! Then, if your husband does not do exactly what you want and cater to every one of your wishes, you are perfectly entitled to get a divorce and take him for all he is worth.

Please, spare me the hypocritical entitlement lecture. Tons of women feel entitled to all kinds of things.
What do you even know about marriages? You can't even get a girlfriend let alone someone who'll marry you. Do you realise how crazy you sound? I see your time out hasn't improved neither your state of mind nor your sour attitude. Hopefully the Mods will help you along with another nice long time out to reflect on your sullenness.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
What do you even know about marriages? You can't even get a girlfriend let alone someone who'll marry you. Do you realise how crazy you sound? I see your time out hasn't improved neither your state of mind nor your sour attitude. Hopefully the Mods will help you along with another nice long time out to reflect on your sullenness.
I sound crazy? Ask any divorced man in America how crazy i sound. 9 out of 10 probably see a lot of truth in the things i am saying.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:05 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:

And you feel entitled to sex/companionship/whatever without being called out for your unusual opinions, so what's your point?

In your divorce scenario, the husband of this demanding harpy is to blame as well. Why would anyone go on more than one date, let alone marry that kind of woman? A woman (or any person in general) can make all the outrageous demands they can think of, but if no one gives in to them they don't get very far. Takes two to tango.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And you feel entitled to sex/companionship/whatever without being called out for your unusual opinions, so what's your point?

In your divorce scenario, the husband of this demanding harpy is to blame as well. Why would anyone go on more than one date, let alone marry that kind of woman? A woman (or any person in general) can make all the outrageous demands they can think of, but if no one gives in to them they don't get very far. Takes two to tango.
Of course, just as i would expect. I should have known!! The husband is to blame for dating the wrong kind of woman. But if a woman dates the wrong kind of man, do we ever blame her? Rarely. Most of the time, we feel sympathetic for her and give her a big hug, and vilify the scumbag who wronged her.

And to be honest, i have no problem spending money on a woman, if i'm going to be getting some good sex out of the relationship! What better to spend my money on than sexual gratification? If they legalized prostitution, i'd probably hire a hooker every weekend. I have a problem with women feeling entitled to my money, and then her getting all offended when i feel entitled to sex. Do you think any husband in the world would b*tch about having to spend money on his wife if she was keeping him happy in the bedroom? I bet not very many would complain at all.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:14 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Correct. Maybe if women gave me positive and affirming love, i'd have a better attitude. Just because my posts are hateful and bitter does not mean they have no truth to them.

Women don't OWE you anything just because you exist. If you want positivity, then be positive. If you want love, then be loving. If you want people to give to you, be giving. You get back what you throw out into the world. Or, in your case, what you throw up into it. If you have tantrums like a child, you will be spoken to like you're a child. If you spit and spew anger and hatred, you will be met with intolerance.

This isn't even a gender-specific concept. It's how the humanity works. No one wants to be around someone who complains and stomps around angry at the world for not giving him what he wants when he wants it. Most of us began to understand this shortly after we got out of diapers.

Here's a newsflash: The world only cares what it can get from you. If it gets something from you, it gives back. But with 7 billion people on the planet, there is no room or time to give to people who feel they are entitled to a red carpet just because they managed to get out of bed that day.

Read this.

6 Harsh Truths That Will Make You a Better Person | Cracked.com

Now read it again.

6 Harsh Truths That Will Make You a Better Person | Cracked.com

Old 05-10-2013, 03:17 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Of course, just as i would expect. I should have known!! The husband is to blame for dating the wrong kind of woman. But if a woman dates the wrong kind of man, do we ever blame her? Rarely. Most of the time, we feel sympathetic for her and give her a big hug, and vilify the scumbag who wronged her.
Oh, lord help us. A relationship takes two people. And yes, sometimes people do change after a relationship begins, but generally you can't get married to a terrible person without your consent. Both men and women make bad decisions, and both men and women need to take responsibility for those decisions.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:17 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,875 times
This is because modern society only limits competition for women to polite and civil means. Back in the day (way back in the day) you would have death over mating and resources. Without war or some other event that selectivly kills off men then there will always be this issue. Im sure after ww2 it was a hay day for the men that managed to survive the war. If you were killed off then you didnt have to worry about dating.

Now days its a sausage fest because there have not been any real wars since vietnam. War weeds out based on skill and training and not if you look like rico swave.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:23 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Oh, lord help us. A relationship takes two people. And yes, sometimes people do change after a relationship begins, but generally you can't get married to a terrible person without your consent.

He's such an easy target. He doesn't care how much money he spends on a woman as long as he gets laid. Never mind the "women as prostitutes" scenario he wishes he could live by, that right there is the mark of a chump. Some conniving beyotch will p-whip him, he'll get married, she'll empty their accounts and run off with the pool boy. Self-fulfilling prophesy. You read it here first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships