Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 03:36 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times

Advertisements

As long as stuff is still getting done and both partners are okay with the situation I don't see what the big deal is. Now, if the man/woman is neglecting their hygiene, neglecting their household/job/life responsibilities or neglecting their spouse/SO then I think it becomes a problem.

I mean, I have zero issues whatsoever sitting on the couch reading or knitting while a SO plays a video game (that is, if I'm not interested in playing as well ) and I do consider that time well spent with each other. I'm not an attention hog and don't need to be entertained 24/7.

I do agree with the texting thing though....that's super irritating. If I'm with someone, the only reason my phone comes out is if I need to check the time. Interestingly, that's one of the things that I REALLY like about the guy I'm kind of dating..he ignores his phone as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2013, 03:56 PM

469 posts, read 566,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
I had to speak very directly and loudly to my wife the other day to stop texting her friends while we were out together. It's not often she gets lost in the texting vortex, but it certainly is annoying.
It's hard I see a lot of people texting while out at dinner actual I seen a whole family one their phones not even talking to each other

Old 05-09-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Sometimes you need to reevaluate how you look at things.... if time is an issue, you can make daily chores the quality time together, cooking, cleaning, straightening up. Before we were married, and our schedules were out of whack and busy, just sleeping together was quality time. And it genuinely was for both of us.

Depends what you mean by quality time I guess.

When DH is stressed, online video games is what he needs. I just grab a book and we cuddle doing our own thing.
My SO has a full time career he use to be the main one to do most of the household chores such as cooking, laundry, cleaning. I've changed that because I felt like he was doing way to much and I almost felt like he was becoming my parent. Anyway we do dishes, laundry, and cook together but when we clean we usually tackle different levels of the house I haven't found a way to do that together without feeling like I'm in the way I do consider out "sleeping" time quality time

Old 05-09-2013, 06:27 PM

727 posts, read 1,533,366 times
You came in second? How did you get so lucky? With my ex-fiancee, I finished after her mother, friends, cat, weed, Netflix account, Andy Cohen, and job. With my ex-wife it was her mother, family, partying with her friends, those do-it-yourself shows, and the Harrry Potter series.

Here's my thing: I don't want, nor do I ever expect to be the absolute center of anyone's universe, but if other things in your life take so much precedence that I am pretty much neglected, then we're going to have a problem.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:39 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzcrandall View Post
You came in second? How did you get so lucky? With my ex-fiancee, I finished after her mother, friends, cat, weed, Netflix account, Andy Cohen, and job. With my ex-wife it was her mother, family, partying with her friends, those do-it-yourself shows, and the Harrry Potter series.

Here's my thing: I don't want, nor do I ever expect to be the absolute center of anyone's universe, but if other things in your life take so much precedence that I am pretty much neglected, then we're going to have a problem.
Ok. The Harry Potter series is a whole different issue.

Regardless, it still amazes me that women like this can get married and engaged, but I can barely get a third date with someone.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

Regardless, it still amazes me that women like this can get married and engaged, but I can barely get a third date with someone.
Right?

Old 05-09-2013, 08:04 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,300,562 times
I put men I date second to my job and school constantly. I figure I can focus on putting a guy first once I am done with school and have achieved what I want in my career (aka OLDER).

Last edited by findly185; 05-09-2013 at 08:12 PM..

Old 05-09-2013, 08:09 PM

Quote:

That's understandable no one wants to feel neglected so did you let her know and how long did you put up with feeling this way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

Okay women like what?

Old 05-09-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Right?
Right what? aren't you the one who said you don't like feeling neglected?

Old 05-09-2013, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMyself73 View Post
Right what? aren't you the one who said you don't like feeling neglected?
I was responding to JetJockey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships