Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 06:56 AM

551 posts, read 1,121,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
OH MY GOD. HOW the HELL did people EVER date before the internet came along????? Jaysus.

Yeah, it was the guy who asked the girl out and she said yes because she felt sorry for em. Im not that guy who just gives in like that "oh i like you, will you go out with me Mary Jane?" lmao nothing screams out wuss more than that. With me its a process, i have to be sure she feels the same and i have to get to know her. In addition, i have to get the word on her from my bro who goes to the same school as her. We share a campus but the schools are divided.

If you ever give in like that, you'll be really hurt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2013, 09:01 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartinNY View Post
Yeah, it was the guy who asked the girl out and she said yes because she felt sorry for em. Im not that guy who just gives in like that "oh i like you, will you go out with me Mary Jane?" lmao nothing screams out wuss more than that. With me its a process, i have to be sure she feels the same and i have to get to know her. In addition, i have to get the word on her from my bro who goes to the same school as her. We share a campus but the schools are divided.

You totally miss the point. Stop asking questions on forums and TALK to the damn girls you are asking about.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:12 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Women expect you to make the first move, including texting most of the time if they like you.

Until they get older, then they realize how dumb this idea is.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:50 AM

1,514 posts, read 2,119,969 times
Quote:
lol yeah thats why i modified it... I dont expect her to "feel" someway about me thats cheesy. I changed it to "think"... its more general without over stepping. She shares what she thinks and ill share what I think. I have girls that text me first and I have no stress writing them first when the situation changes. If i constantly have to write a girl first , i feel like im being annoying. It should not be that way and I know that for a fact.
Think, feel....it's the same lame question, just with different wording. Just get to the point of what you want.

Quote:

You can omit the "i like you part" but how is asking someone out being a wuss? It saves you from an unnecessary "process" so you can move on if she says no.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:44 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,451,329 times
they mean pick up the phone and use it for it original purpose and talk to people. any misconception or uncertainty can be solved by talking to the person and just saying what you mean.

no reading in between the lines, no waiting for canned responses...just what it is for what it is.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:46 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,919,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
they mean pick up the phone and use it for it original purpose and talk to people.
Why not just use a telgram, pony express, or carrier pigeon?

Old 05-10-2013, 02:50 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,333 times
Relationship dynamics.

The person who is more needy, clingy and lower value will text the person of higher value first.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:05 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Actually, I think in the under 25 crowd texting is absolutely considered a part of 'courting'. I've heard guys and gals of my brothers age (he'll be 21 in a few months) that consider texting other people a form of cheating. Again, young, insecure and using different forms of communication. I'm nearly 30 so I was just out of High school when texting really started becoming popular so I think I missed a lot of that drama...though there are plenty of people my age or older who participate.
Lol!

But we love each other!!! We text all the time!!

Lol!

Old 05-10-2013, 05:06 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,122 times
This is why I don't like texting.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:31 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
What Do Texts Mean?
You're thinking too hard about it.

[and stop worrying so much about who texts who first]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships