Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 02:04 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Looks like OP is still single.
Still single, and....still here!

Old 05-10-2013, 02:06 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
I don' expect anything from anyone.
Best way not to get disappointed.

Oh, and I remember the exact day (I was 18) I learned it is ok to say, "I don't know," and "I am sorry, I was wrong."

Very freeing.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I don' expect anything from anyone.
Best way not to get disappointed.

Oh, and I remember the exact day (I was 18) I learned it is ok to say, "I don't know," and "I am sorry, I was wrong."

Very freeing.
What did you say when you were a kid?

Old 05-10-2013, 02:12 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,139,268 times
you're just going to be told you're bitter/cant get laid/single etc. These are the terms used to marginalize the opinions of some men...and many insecure men are deathly afraid of anyone implying that they cant have sex or havent been successful with women. Regarding your actual question: one cant feel the need to apologize if they've been conditioned to believe that they are a victim since birth and the person to which they're supposed to apologize is inherently the oppressor. A victim, by default, cant feel compelled to hold themselves accountable.

Its funny, because one of my coworkers the other day said: "Yeah, our supervisor is so bitter and bitchy because she is single...she needs a man, so she wont always be pissed off all the time."....and I told him that not having "a man" likely doesnt have much, if anything to do with the fact that she wants things done a certain way at work...Those are two separate aspect of life. People try to tie everything into romantic success or failure, but often times relationship histories have nothing to do with the way people conduct themselves in public in day to day life. Being in a relationship, alone, doesnt suddenly solve all the worlds problems, and nor is it going to change anything...In many ways, by the time many people finish getting cheated on, being emotionally/verbally abused, or ignored by their significant other, they actually would probably be BETTER OFF single than being in a relationship just so they can feel that their opinion and lives are validated by the approval of others.

Last edited by soletaire; 05-10-2013 at 02:21 PM..

Old 05-10-2013, 02:13 PM

29,737 posts, read 34,352,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
Ipfan... I missed you and your unbiased and reasonable thoughts on the interelationship between the men and women of this world.... hang on.... what am I saying!
Every time he pops up he sounds more and more like the kind of person who'd keep a woman locked up as a sex slave in his basement.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
Its funny, because one of my coworkers the other day said: "Yeah, our supervisor is so bitter and bitchy because she is single...she needs a man, so she wont always be pissed off all the time."....and I told him that not having "a man" likely doesnt have much, if anything to do with the fact that she wants things done a certain way at work...Those are two separate aspect of life. People try to tie everything into romantic success or failure, but often times relationship histories have nothing to do with the way people conduct themselves in public in day to day life. Being in a relationship, alone, doesnt suddenly solve all the worlds problems, and nor is it going to change anything...In many ways, by the time many people finish getting cheated on, emotionally/verbally abused, or ignored by their significant other, they actually would probably be BETTER OFF single than be in a relationship just so they can feel that their opinion and lives are validated by the approval of others.
How does he know she doesn't have a man? And what excuse would he use for her behavior if she were married?

Hint: "It's that time of month".

lol! Sounds like it's your co-worker who needs someone to give him his Vitamin F in the mornings, so he won't be so angry and unhappy.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:24 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,179,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Future readers, gender bashing is against TOS, may I suggest you report this poster once again for blatantly ignoring the TOS.
How is this gender bashing? It's merely a commentary on feminism.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Looks like OP is still single. What a surprise!
A bit snarky... i've always been nice to you, no?

Old 05-10-2013, 02:28 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,139,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
How does he know she doesn't have a man? And what excuse would he use for her behavior if she were married?

Hint: "It's that time of month".

lol! Sounds like it's your co-worker who needs someone to give him his Vitamin F in the mornings, so he won't be so angry and unhappy.

Not really, he's actually a pretty cool dude...he's about to get married, so he's pretty high on himself right now...really one could say the exact same thing about the comments that will no doubt come forth about the OP. We could sit back and say "well how do these people know he's single or will be single? Someone just needs to give these people their vitamin F in the mornings so they wont be so angry and unhappy" or whatever....so thats neither here nor there...

BUT god as my witness, I actually asked him (my coworker) the same question: How do you know she doesnt have "a man". He alluded to something she said about her living circumstances/situation. About how she lives alone, and doesnt ever talk about being married or in a relationship...I told him that he doesnt know her personal life, and like the OP, her behavior may not have anything to do with her relationship status, and to think it does, is simple minded.

But my coworker is one of those narrowminded types who thinks that just because HE cant function alone outside of a relationship, that no one else can either.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
you're just going to be told you're bitter/cant get laid/single etc. These are the terms used to marginalize the opinions of some men...and many insecure men are deathly afraid of anyone implying that they cant have sex or havent been successful with women. Regarding your actual question: one cant feel the need to apologize if they've been conditioned to believe that they are a victim since birth and the person to which they're supposed to apologize is inherently the oppressor. A victim, by default, cant feel compelled to hold themselves accountable.

Its funny, because one of my coworkers the other day said: "Yeah, our supervisor is so bitter and bitchy because she is single...she needs a man, so she wont always be pissed off all the time."....and I told him that not having "a man" likely doesnt have much, if anything to do with the fact that she wants things done a certain way at work...Those are two separate aspect of life. People try to tie everything into romantic success or failure, but often times relationship histories have nothing to do with the way people conduct themselves in public in day to day life. Being in a relationship, alone, doesnt suddenly solve all the worlds problems, and nor is it going to change anything...In many ways, by the time many people finish getting cheated on, being emotionally/verbally abused, or ignored by their significant other, they actually would probably be BETTER OFF single than being in a relationship just so they can feel that their opinion and lives are validated by the approval of others.

This is so true... I used to get really upset about being accused of bitterness, and honestly i still do sometimes, but then again i figure it's just what people say when they cannot defend their positions with logic and reasoning. I don't usually personally insult anyone, so if people want to stoop to the level of insulting me because they cannot defend their position, it just shows me how little substance feminism truly has.

I readily admit i'm bitter, and there's a reason i'm this way... because of the way women have treated me. Bitterness doesn't grow in a vacuum. Where there's a bitter person, there's usually someone else whose actions led to the bitternesss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.