Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 05:42 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999corvette View Post
What was I thinking, I was upset! What could I have done, other than what I did, which was tell her i feel uncomfortable about that, and then felt uncomfortable about the whole trip?
What could you have done? You can't think of anything? REALLY???

You could have told her to postpone the trip until you could go with her, and that you'd love to visit her family, and have a vacation in CA with her. You could have told her that you consider her plans to stay with a single guy who's sexually interested in her a breach of the marriage, and that it's not acceptable.

btw, she told you about it, because she was trying to pretend she was being upfront with you.

However, what's done is done, so you can do now what you should have done before, which is put your foot down and insist the two of you go to couples' counseling. Get firm, get decisive, and get real.

Good luck. Let us know what happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2013, 05:46 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,527,668 times
You should tell her "if you go stay with this SINGLE GUY WHO WANTS TO HAVE SEX WITH YOU, we get divorced". Every jury in the world would 100% understand your reasons, dont worry.

why should a married person do this things is beyond me.

Why people feel the need to get married is also beyond me.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:47 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,054,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
You should tell her "if you go stay with this SINGLE GUY WHO WANTS TO HAVE SEX WITH YOU, we get divorced". Every jury in the world would 100% understand your reasons, dont worry.

why should a married person do this things is beyond me.

Why people feel the need to get married is also beyond me.
Seems like a change in philosophy for you??

Old 05-10-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Seems like a change in philosophy for you??
why?

Old 05-10-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999corvette View Post
How can you stop a adult from doing something, other than ask them not to?
By creating a scene. Let her know how you really felt about it. Not just "I'm uncomfortable with that ,dear", but "WHAT??! You want to WHAT?! With WHOM?? Are you SERIOUS?? That is NOT OK! In fact, it's not even ok that you're maintaining contact with this guy! What's this all about, anyway, if you don't even find him attractive? We are going to talk about this NOW!"

But....oh well. Too late now.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
You should tell her "if you go stay with this SINGLE GUY WHO WANTS TO HAVE SEX WITH YOU, we get divorced".
Voila!

Old 05-10-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
By creating a scene. Let her know how you really felt about it. Not just "I'm uncomfortable with that ,dear", but "WHAT??! You want to WHAT?! With WHOM?? Are you SERIOUS?? That is NOT OK! In fact, it's not even ok that you're maintaining contact with this guy! What's this all about, anyway, if you don't even find him attractive? We are going to talk about this NOW!"

Good advice. He should act outraged. She is asking for it.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:56 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times
Quote:
btw, she told you about it, because she was trying to pretend she was being upfront with you.
That is what I was thinking. It's a classic move for someone who wants to get over on you.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:56 PM

805 posts, read 1,558,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Like I said, get angry.

Take a stand. Let her know this is absolutely NOT OK. She's doing this because she thinks she can get away with it.

Her response will tell you all you need to know.
This.
The fact that it made you very uncomfortable should have been enough for her to stay someplace else.
While you cannot make an adult do or not do something they don't want to do, or want to do, you do have to draw your line in the sand and offer up consequences. If I had a spouse who wanted to stay overnight in another state with a single opposite sex friend my spidy sense would be off the charts.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:57 PM

805 posts, read 1,558,638 times
Quote:
What could you have done? You can't think of anything? REALLY???

You could have told her to postpone the trip until you could go with her, and that you'd love to visit her family, and have a vacation in CA with her. You could have told her that you consider her plans to stay with a single guy who's sexually interested in her a breach of the marriage, and that it's not acceptable.

However, what's done is done, so you can do now what you should have done before, which is put your foot down and insist the two of you go to couples' counseling. Get firm, get decisive, and get real.

Good luck. Let us know what happens.
Let the church rise up and say AMEN!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships