U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 02:05 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,974,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
I absolutely believe in introducing your new beau to your children fairly early on in the relationshp. To wait six months to do so only leaves you open to become attached to the new beau and then find out six mos. down the road he /she may not like children at all. Then what?

Nothing is more important in a single parent's life than their children. I was a single parent and stayed that way for 10 years until my son became an adult and was ready to go out on his own. I had divorced his Dad when he was 11 years old. I did date along the way but made sure the men in my life at that time knew I had a son and that my son was priority. If my son was treated with any kind of disrespect while I dated by any of the men, they were HISTORY. Some of the men hung around for a time but others ran with tail between legs..didn't want the responsibility and that was fine with me.

When a person decides to be divorced and be a single parent their life changes with focus becoming raising those children to the best of their ability...men/women take a back seat. It is just the way it is.

My son now?? Very successful, married with an amazing job, home and lifestyle. His Dad?? Not in his life; not my son's choice...his Dad is a loser. My son has an Uncle who has been like a Dad to him and a Father In Law who adores him..works for us!
Not attacking you at all, just a questions really…
Wouldn’t you know by 6 months in after extensive chats and dates sans kids that a man already knows he likes children and will accept yours?

It is pretty easy to know if a man likes children, wants to be in a relationship where the woman has children or a single child, what their feelings are and so forth, why do the children need to be part of the equation before hand?
Interested in hearing your mentality on this..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2013, 12:50 PM

9,230 posts, read 15,465,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
It's not withholding sex to get something, it's that I cannot feel sexual interest if I don't know who someone is. And seeing how they interact with their kids is a big part of that.
You won't do it until you "know who someone is", whatever that means to you. It's still withholding. Not saying it's a bad thing, necessarily. The person you are with will have to accept it as much as you will have to wait until they are comfortable enough to expose their kids to you - however long that takes. I'm not big on setting an X weeks/months/years time frame.

I will say that, in a way, it's not a bad idea. You really do get to the core of a person when you see how they raise their kids. There are some kids I wish I had never met.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships