Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 01:04 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,193,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This sort of thing happens all over the world. In one country or region, someone's considered attractive, in another region--not. It's not worth the energy to puzzle over it and try to figure it out. Just enjoy the places where you get a good reaction.
I do enjoy it. I just wondered if there was something i could do to effect results in RI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2013, 01:31 PM

102,063 posts, read 106,896,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
I do enjoy it. I just wondered if there was something i could do to effect results in RI.
No, there isn't. Regional preferences, for whatever completely irrational reason (humans are like that, you know).

Old 05-12-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
No, there isn't. Regional preferences, for whatever completely irrational reason (humans are like that, you know).
So if I want to date i need to move to NYC or stay in RI close to friends and family but be alone. A really tough decision.

Old 05-12-2013, 02:06 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,400,038 times
I can't say I've noticed any difference in my case, even between different countries.

Old 05-12-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography Freak View Post
I can't say I've noticed any difference in my case, even between different countries.
You are very lucky then.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:35 PM

Thanks for the responses.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
Thanks for the responses.
Sorry, OP, no easy answers. Too bad R.I. isn't closer to NYC, so you could commute over there for weekend dating, or something. Maybe if you have friends to stay with there, you could make it work.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:22 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,932,209 times
Quote:
Sorry, OP, no easy answers. Too bad R.I. isn't closer to NYC, so you could commute over there for weekend dating, or something. Maybe if you have friends to stay with there, you could make it work.
Nyc is not that far from Rhode Island. Only the state of CT seperates Rhode Island from NY. The op can drive to NYC for dates but then again Manhattan is not much a car friendly place for transient folks anf yuppies alike. NYC is great for dating especiallynow since the weather is sslowly getting warmer which is a bummer compared to previous warmer springs of the past. Also the op women in NYC really dig men who are into some sort of artistic expression in various forms. An average joe with an ukulele gets more women than an average joe who does not! Me Im a bit more rugged and edgy dont really appeal to most women in NYC unless if I have the money to back it up. Theres plenty of opportunities in NYC so you should go for it.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Also the op women in NYC really dig men who are into some sort of artistic expression in various forms. An average joe with an ukulele gets more women than an average joe who does not! Me Im a bit more rugged and edgy dont really appeal to most women in NYC unless if I have the money to back it up. Theres plenty of opportunities in NYC so you should go for it.
Hear that, OP? You're just the right ticket for NYC women. Work it!

Old 05-12-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Nyc is not that far from Rhode Island. Only the state of CT seperates Rhode Island from NY. The op can drive to NYC for dates but then again Manhattan is not much a car friendly place for transient folks anf yuppies alike. NYC is great for dating especiallynow since the weather is sslowly getting warmer which is a bummer compared to previous warmer springs of the past. Also the op women in NYC really dig men who are into some sort of artistic expression in various forms. An average joe with an ukulele gets more women than an average joe who does not! Me Im a bit more rugged and edgy dont really appeal to most women in NYC unless if I have the money to back it up. Theres plenty of opportunities in NYC so you should go for it.
Thanks. I get there about once a quarter with other photo artists. It would be cool to have a friend to down there to go visit. I would love to visit more often. I have truly fallen for the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships