Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 12:34 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times

Advertisements

they are unattractive/ugly??

Im asking to you, girls (and boys) would you mind your husband/so having a close friendship with someone who is physically ugly?. Cause, lets face it, if my SO had this friend, and he would be all :"Im going to get coffee with jessica now, to the movies with jessica, etc.." and this Jessica person looks like Jessica Alba, then i would DEFINETELY get upset. But what if this person looks like Rosseanne? Would you mind at all he spends time with her?? Same go with guys.

With my boyfriend, i used to be very cool with him and his friends. They were ok looking, but none of them were stunning, and i was sure enough how he felt about me. None of them were ugly though. But i know most people will need their SO friend to be REALLY ugly to let them go out alone with them.

I know a married man that those this to his wife: he has a friend, at work, lets call her Lauren. They are kinda platonic friends, Lauren likes the married man, but never acted on it, they are friends. Well, Lauren is ugly. I mean she is short and fat and her face haves acne, she is very unattractive to say the least. Then, this married guy met a very beautiful tall brunnete, lets call her Natalie, she is very beautiful, they started seeing eachother. The married guy and his wife are open, modern, people, but still she wont tolerate cheating. So, everytime the guy goes out with Natalie, he tells the wife "Im going to the movies with Lauren, im going coffee with Laurent, etc". When wife started asking how did Lauren look, he said "she is not attractive". Then the wife and Lauren met at a birthday party and wife started being completely ok with his husband seeing Lauren all the time. Wife is a very busy woman too, so everytime he is out with "Lauren", she is out with friends. Anyway, she doesnt suspect a thing and he can happily go out with his mistress at least twice a week. Lauren covers for him cause she likes him. Twisted, hu??

Anyways, point is, wife was ok with his husband having an unatractive friend, but if she know how his REAL "friend" look like, she would have flip.

whats your opinion on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2013, 12:36 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,311,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Anyways, point is, wife was ok with his husband having an unatractive friend, but if she know how his REAL "friend" look like, she would have flip.

whats your opinion on this?
I don't mind my SO being close friends with guys regardless of how they look.
:shrug:

Old 05-12-2013, 12:43 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
Yes.

I'm betting that the male and female perspective on this subject will differ.

Last edited by picklejuice; 05-12-2013 at 12:56 PM..

Old 05-12-2013, 12:47 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

In addition, perceived hotness or ugliness is no guarantee of fidelity, and I CAN guarantee you would be extra pissed if your SO cheated with an ugly friend if you believe that it is.

Old 05-12-2013, 12:49 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Me too, I don't mind either way. It's a huge red flag to me if a guy has no women friends, or no friends other than his sweetie.

Old 05-12-2013, 12:51 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
@Sophie:

That's just a normal looking woman. The smile is more provocative than I would be comfortable with, though.

Old 05-12-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Me too, I don't mind either way. It's a huge red flag to me if a guy has no women friends, or no friends other than his sweetie.
This. A million times, this

Old 05-12-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineComedy View Post
This. A million times, this
why is it a red flag? A lot of men only friend is their wife, and most women want it that way

Old 05-12-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
even if she was stunning?
She who?
My GF?
She is stunning

My GF's male friends?
Both of us have attractive opposite sex friends.

It's not an issue

Old 05-12-2013, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineComedy View Post
She who?
My GF?
She is stunning

My GF's male friends?
Both of us have attractive opposite sex friends.

It's not an issue
You are probably the only person in the world that thinks like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships