Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2013, 04:39 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
Someone needs to start a modern asperger dating site that is better run.
Obviously you have plenty of time on your hands so do it yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 11:04 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownCA View Post
If I knew how to do it I would.
Is there a particular reason you're using 2 different usernames?

Old 08-26-2013, 11:44 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Is there a particular reason you're using 2 different usernames?
As if one of him wasn't enough ...

Old 08-26-2013, 11:45 AM

151 posts, read 210,892 times
Of course, if you say you are desperate, nobody is going to date you regardless of your condition.

Also, you have to be honest with yourself ... you live in an area where physical appearance is very important. I'm not saying you're not attractive, but maybe you could go to the gym and lose a few pounds. A lot of people in the L.A area are very shallow, so obviously, it would be harder for you to meet decent women. Again, I'm not saying you're unattractive, you just need some enhancements.

Maybe if you leave the L.A area you'd have better luck.

Stop using your condition as an excuse. You're putting yourself in this "victim" position which is highly unattractive. Women want a confident man. Quit feeling sorry for yourself and take action.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:20 PM

2,148 posts, read 2,925,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NolitaAvenue View Post
Of course, if you say you are desperate, nobody is going to date you regardless of your condition.

Also, you have to be honest with yourself ... you live in an area where physical appearance is very important. I'm not saying you're not attractive, but maybe you could go to the gym and lose a few pounds. A lot of people in the L.A area are very shallow, so obviously, it would be harder for you to meet decent women. Again, I'm not saying you're unattractive, you just need some enhancements.

Maybe if you leave the L.A area you'd have better luck.

Stop using your condition as an excuse. You're putting yourself in this "victim" position which is highly unattractive. Women want a confident man. Quit feeling sorry for yourself and take action.
I'm working on losing wieght yes but even when I was 40 pound thiner I still had the saem problems. It seems that in LA I can't meet any woman who will give me a chance.

Why??

Old 08-26-2013, 01:58 PM

151 posts, read 210,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
I'm working on losing wieght yes but even when I was 40 pound thiner I still had the saem problems. It seems that in LA I can't meet any woman who will give me a chance.

Why??
Why? I think a lot of people stated the reasons why. I just stated a few reasons too.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:37 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,099,527 times
Don't be so nerdy, I guess? You lost 35 pounds, that's a start I guess. Go into full-on gym rat mode. It'll increase your testosterone and make you look better/less nerdy. Get contacts, too.

I essentially have aspberger's but I consider it more of a personality type. But I've never been that NERDY. Socially obtuse, a while ago, but never super-nerd. I love the gym, and look sufficiently manly, and as much as nerdy pursuits interest me, I'm also lazy with them. Maybe if I weren't, I'd be more of a fiscal success.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:39 PM

Maybe move out East, you might only be marriage material, and people in LA don't want to get married. Also in general I'd guess LA is superficial

Old 08-26-2013, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Something to think about, some of us just aren't talkers. I love silence, myself, but many people, especially first dates you've just met, can be very uncomfortable with conversation gaps or too much quiet
Ugh. I have this problem. I don't like most conversation that people do so I don't like talking to most people. And evryone feels like they have to talk. Why? It's so stupid.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:51 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,831 times
I have read that women dislike aspies more than anyone. OTOH, some are quite attracted to low IQ men (even borderline retarded) as long as his personality type is the extreme opposite of someoe with aspergers For example criminals are low IQ but have no probem attracting women. (note, I did not say ALL women like criminals, thank God for that). Often if a man is dumb but extreme opposite of an aspie she won't even notice he's dumb. But if he's on the autisim scale she will certainly notice and not like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships