Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 10:01 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,927,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
I used to have trouble even getting dates myself. Nowadays, and especially with OLD, I don't usually have problems getting dates for the most part.

Turning them into a relationship, however, that's still a work in progress - haha.
That's no problem dude.

With anything but Internet dating, it's hard to meet people these days, particularly singles. You can ask out as many girls as you meet and chances are that they'll have a boyfriend already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2016, 10:28 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,404,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
That's no problem dude.

With anything but Internet dating, it's hard to meet people these days, particularly singles. You can ask out as many girls as you meet and chances are that they'll have a boyfriend already.
When I've asked out women in real life (keep in mind, didn't start dating really till about 2-3 or so years ago), it's pretty much always ended in 3 ways:

1) They're not interested (fine, I won't be everyone's cup of tea).

2) Already seeing someone, or have a boyfriend (often found to be true).

3) Constantly too busy to go out on dates, or not truly interested in dating right now (despite the illusion that they want to, I've had this happened a couple of times where they're too busy to go out, but have no problem texting me all day...lol).

Hell, just last night, I managed to get a cute girl's number from a bar I went to with some friends, and asked her out to a nice authentic Italian place whenever she's free. Told me she's constantly busy with school and 2 jobs, but I played it off with the fact that we all need food eventually :P

She laughed and said sure and to add her contact info on my phone (without me asking for her number). Also meant that she's single.

Texted her this afternoon saying how are you, and that it was nice to meet her the other night with a smiley face.

Got no response...lol

Old 09-02-2016, 10:59 PM

Quote:
When I've asked out women in real life (keep in mind, didn't start dating really till about 2-3 or so years ago), it's pretty much always ended in 3 ways:

1) They're not interested (fine, I won't be everyone's cup of tea).

2) Already seeing someone, or have a boyfriend (often found to be true).

3) Constantly too busy to go out on dates, or not truly interested in dating right now (despite the illusion that they want to, I've had this happened a couple of times where they're too busy to go out, but have no problem texting me all day...lol).

Hell, just last night, I managed to get a cute girl's number from a bar I went to with some friends, and asked her out to a nice authentic Italian place whenever she's free. Told me she's constantly busy with school and 2 jobs, but I played it off with the fact that we all need food eventually :P

She laughed and said sure and to add her contact info on my phone (without me asking for her number). Also meant that she's single.

Texted her this afternoon saying how are you, and that it was nice to meet her the other night with a smiley face.

Got no response...lol
That happens sometimes, I'm not even sure why they give you their real number, if they're gonna give you a never and never bother answering back anyway. May as well give you a fake number if they're gonna do that.

And as I've said before, I've been known to get overly nasty with women who don't wanna date me, yet insist on texting the hell out of me whenever they can.

If you're free to text but aren't free to go out or talk in person, GTFO is what I say and I've done it before..

You don't have time to hang out, I don't have time to text.

Old 09-02-2016, 11:05 PM

Quote:
That happens sometimes, I'm not even sure why they give you their real number, if they're gonna give you a never and never bother answering back anyway. May as well give you a fake number if they're gonna do that.

And as I've said before, I've been known to get overly nasty with women who don't wanna date me, yet insist on texting the hell out of me whenever they can.

If you're free to text but aren't free to go out or talk in person, GTFO is what I say and I've done it before..

You don't have time to hang out, I don't have time to text.
In all fairness, that happens because a lot of guys will call/text on the spot to make sure the woman gets their number as well. If she gives out a fake, she'll pretty much get busted right there, haha.

So, I think that's the main reason why most women will give out their real number, even if their not at all interested in the guy (avoid confrontation). Doesn't change the fact that it's definitely annoying as hell, though... lol.

Last edited by NewYorker11356; 09-02-2016 at 11:24 PM..

Old 09-03-2016, 01:36 AM

Quote:
In all fairness, that happens because a lot of guys will call/text on the spot to make sure the woman gets their number as well. If she gives out a fake, she'll pretty much get busted right there, haha.

So, I think that's the main reason why most women will give out their real number, even if their not at all interested in the guy (avoid confrontation). Doesn't change the fact that it's definitely annoying as hell, though... lol.
I seriously think that any guy that sends a text to that number on the spot or calls it right away to confirm it's the real number, should absolutely be slapped in the face. At the very least though, if a girl was actually planning to give that guy a chance and answer or reply back when he eventually he did call, I would hope to god that she strikes him out right away after a move like that.

I like to get right down to the point and waste as little time as possible, so I'd get bummed out when I'd get a girl's number and call or text a few days later and told her who I was after she asked ''Who is this?'' in a text and then would immediately stop replying and never talk to me again. I'd actually got a lot more bummed out on that, than if a girl just flat out rejected me. I usually didn't get bummed out if I was flat out rejected on the spot. I'd much rather be rejected on the spot, even if she makes up something that's BS, like ''I have a boyfriend'' when she really doesn't. I'd quite truthfully much rather a girl flat out laugh in my face and tell me ''You're ugly, get the hell away from me now, you disgusting thing'' then get her number and have her never answer when I try to text or call a few days later. I wanna waste as little time as possible and know as soon as possible if I have a chance with her, or if I'm just gonna be friend zoned or ignored or whatever.

I'd also rather be flat out rejected than to actually go out on a date and then find out at the end of the date that we're ''Just friends'' and I never even had a chance with her like that in the first place. I always thought of that as a monumental waste of time, to be honest.

Old 09-03-2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:
I seriously think that any guy that sends a text to that number on the spot or calls it right away to confirm it's the real number, should absolutely be slapped in the face. At the very least though, if a girl was actually planning to give that guy a chance and answer or reply back when he eventually he did call, I would hope to god that she strikes him out right away after a move like that.

I like to get right down to the point and waste as little time as possible, so I'd get bummed out when I'd get a girl's number and call or text a few days later and told her who I was after she asked ''Who is this?'' in a text and then would immediately stop replying and never talk to me again. I'd actually got a lot more bummed out on that, than if a girl just flat out rejected me. I usually didn't get bummed out if I was flat out rejected on the spot. I'd much rather be rejected on the spot, even if she makes up something that's BS, like ''I have a boyfriend'' when she really doesn't. I'd quite truthfully much rather a girl flat out laugh in my face and tell me ''You're ugly, get the hell away from me now, you disgusting thing'' then get her number and have her never answer when I try to text or call a few days later. I wanna waste as little time as possible and know as soon as possible if I have a chance with her, or if I'm just gonna be friend zoned or ignored or whatever.

I'd also rather be flat out rejected than to actually go out on a date and then find out at the end of the date that we're ''Just friends'' and I never even had a chance with her like that in the first place. I always thought of that as a monumental waste of time, to be honest.
I've done it before, but that's because I wanted to make sure she had my number as well, and not due to me thinking she gave me a fake one.

Old 09-03-2016, 10:56 AM

50,730 posts, read 36,447,875 times
OP I feel she just wasn't interested, and gave you her number because you pretty much put her on the spot:

"Told me she's constantly busy with school and 2 jobs, but I played it off"

A woman who is attracted to you is not going to dissuade you by telling you upfront she doesn't have time to go out with you.

Old 09-03-2016, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
OP I feel she just wasn't interested, and gave you her number because you pretty much put her on the spot:

"Told me she's constantly busy with school and 2 jobs, but I played it off"

A woman who is attracted to you is not going to dissuade you by telling you upfront she doesn't have time to go out with you.
I'm not the OP for this thread.

And yeah, I wasn't sure if she had said because she isn't into me, or to really let me know of her schedule. I guess I have my answer now.

Old 09-05-2016, 02:01 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,392 times
Well he did mention he didn't get his first girlfriend until his early 30s

Old 09-06-2016, 12:56 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,136,596 times
You seem like a good and smart guy, and as a woman in my mid/late 20s, there are only 2 things that'd make me not want to date you:

1) I'm already happily married

2) You appear to be obese, and I wouldn't want to have to fear losing my partner young to heart disease or something.

Other than that, you seem to be a fine catch. My husband has a very similar personality as you do.

I'd say, think of some neat sports you'd enjoy, maybe something like archery or bouldering, and get involved with that. Join groups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships