Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2013, 02:04 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,823,988 times

Advertisements

Since you stated you like hiking and I know where I lived in CA hiking was big how about joining a group or another group you have interest in? Sometimes doing something that is not aimed at finding a girl friend but just to meet others may open the door to a dating opportunity. Even if you don't find the one you may find a good friend. Who knows that good friend could introduce you to someone else.
I also agree with the support groups. I am sure others have similar struggles and learning what helped them could help you.
I have always felt people in LA area were friendly. I have been amazed just sitting at a coffee house how people will just start up a conversation. I have lived a lot of places and have not found that true like in CA. I understand that you want to date a person with certain traits but that being said you have to be realistic and not create more barriers. So for example the 10 mile radius you would want someone to live in maybe you can be more flexible with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 02:59 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,701,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Op you are cute and you will find someone. I like men like you and if you lived by me and were a bit older I would definitely consider you.
holy crap! Someone that you would date besides the taco guy!

Old 08-05-2013, 05:26 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,701,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A girl from Stockton,CA View Post
You look like a decent, nice guy who's down to earth to me.
Awww, your nice...hey anny! Better get it, boy! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
Would you date me if you were a female between age 21-34?
Here are some pictures of me. I"m a 32 year old male from the Los Angeles area. I have a very hard time meeting woman. I'm curouis as to why. I have my own car and Im currently employed. Its very hard for me to even become friends with woman. All of my friends are guys.

Here are photos of me: Flickr: wjrubens' Photostream

I also forget to mention that I have a BA degree from a university.

I have lost 35 pounds since these pictures were taken.

Also I"m different' I don't drink,smoke or do drugs. I"m not into bars or clubs.
There was this 24 year old girl who I was an aqcuintance with who said I look like a little kid.

Here is my youtube page. You can see what im like. I have lost 35 pounds since I took these videos.

TheUnknown0709's channel - YouTube
I'm actually 32 years old now.

I got so desperate that I joined a stupid dating site called Online Dating | Buy & Sell First Dates.

After joining this site and paying 3 woman to date me 2 of the woman wanted to see me again after the 1st date only if I gave them money. There is this 21 year old girl who I saw twice from that site. I ended up paying her twice. On the website you are supposed to only pay woman for the 1st date. I asked this girl for a 3rd date and she only wants to see me if I pay here a large aount of money. she wont give me sex wither.

Here is my profile for whatsyourprice.com

Online Dating | Buy & Sell First Dates

I tired plentyoffish.com and oakycupid for 3 years and no luck for me.

Is it becuase I live in the Los Angeles area?
Omg, i love your posts, you paid for dates??? hahahahhahaha oh my god, man, seriously, you made my day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
I doubt no gal wants to date you more likely no gal you find attractive wants to date you. Possibly you're not finding success due to your Asperger's, the types of gals you're going for, your age range which is 11 years younger but only 2 years older, and that you seem to think car + employment means getting the gal you want rather than attraction + appeal. Bit curious as to what types of gals have you been pursuing as I find when guys go to the extent of no women wants to date me they tend to have quite high standards especially when .

As for your other question I'm 22 and I would not date you as I find you to be overweight, old, and at best average looking and I see no reason for to consider such a guy when I'm not lacking in fit hot guys my age that fit my criteria.
Don't think that you are all that, guys at that age will stick it in anything that moves, and if you are so hot, then put a pic up and prove it.

Don't worry annonymous.! I got your back! lol

Just go to the mall tomorrow..eat sum cookies lol

Old 08-05-2013, 11:25 PM

2,148 posts, read 2,923,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
Awww, your nice...hey anny! Better get it, boy! lol

Omg, i love your posts, you paid for dates??? hahahahhahaha oh my god, man, seriously, you made my day.

Don't think that you are all that, guys at that age will stick it in anything that moves, and if you are so hot, then put a pic up and prove it.

Don't worry annonymous.! I got your back! lol

Just go to the mall tomorrow..eat sum cookies lol
We can keep our fingers crossed that one of the other girls works out.

Old 08-06-2013, 01:08 AM

89 posts, read 131,198 times
I have seen several similar threads with guys who have dating problems and "aspergers" on another forum. I think these type of self proclaimed aspergers guys are usually just saying that to get sympathy.

Old 08-06-2013, 03:56 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,471,880 times
I think a woman will be interested in you, but it is going to take a particular type of women. Since your social skills, especially with women, are so limited, it will make it much harder for you to meet someone. Since you don't drink or like bars etc. have you thought of joing a church's single group, going to bingo (sometimes younger people play bingo these days), taking a cooking class etc.? I have 3 sons ages 19-25, all with Aspergers, and none of them have ever had a girlfriend. They are wonderful guys but it is very hard for them to meet anyone with their lack of social skills. look around in your community and see if there are other things being offered for single people.

Old 08-06-2013, 06:15 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,365,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I have 3 sons ages 19-25, all with Aspergers, and none of them have ever had a girlfriend. They are wonderful guys but it is very hard for them to meet anyone with their lack of social skills. look around in your community and see if there are other things being offered for single people.
I mentioned a site for people with Asperger's-that has Love/Dating section-to the OP in a comment I made pages back in this thread.
OP didn't respond to that suggestion, but I would also recommend the site to others who are on the neurodiverse spectrum, WrongPlanet.net.
Wrong Planet Forums
(It's not a competing site with City-Data, it's for a particular population-as well as for the people who want to better understand them)

Old 08-06-2013, 06:48 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,706,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
:O

you shouldnt go PAYING women to have dates with you, you should find someone who likes you as you are!

And no, theres nothing wrong with you according to your pics and video. You seem a little quirky but some women like that.

I dont know what to tell you, maybe its your low self esteem that makes you unattractive
So there is nothing wrong with him but he possiblly has low self esteem

Old 08-06-2013, 08:18 PM

355 posts, read 1,230,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
Would you date me if you were a female between age 21-34?
Here are some pictures of me. I"m a 32 year old male from the Los Angeles area. I have a very hard time meeting woman. I'm curouis as to why. I have my own car and Im currently employed. Its very hard for me to even become friends with woman. All of my friends are guys.

Here are photos of me: Flickr: wjrubens' Photostream

I also forget to mention that I have a BA degree from a university.

I have lost 35 pounds since these pictures were taken.

Also I"m different' I don't drink,smoke or do drugs. I"m not into bars or clubs.
There was this 24 year old girl who I was an aqcuintance with who said I look like a little kid.

Here is my youtube page. You can see what im like. I have lost 35 pounds since I took these videos.

TheUnknown0709's channel - YouTube
I'm actually 32 years old now.

I got so desperate that I joined a stupid dating site called Online Dating | Buy & Sell First Dates.

After joining this site and paying 3 woman to date me 2 of the woman wanted to see me again after the 1st date only if I gave them money. There is this 21 year old girl who I saw twice from that site. I ended up paying her twice. On the website you are supposed to only pay woman for the 1st date. I asked this girl for a 3rd date and she only wants to see me if I pay here a large aount of money. she wont give me sex wither.

Here is my profile for whatsyourprice.com

Online Dating | Buy & Sell First Dates

I tired plentyoffish.com and oakycupid for 3 years and no luck for me.

Is it becuase I live in the Los Angeles area?

If you have aspergers, you probably have a lot of anxiety about socializing. I would suggest a vitamin cocktail that is known to help those with aspergers. Here is the cocktail

Vitamin B Complex-I like Natures brand because it is cheap, but I would suggest the most quality vitamin your money can buy. Vitamin B assist the body when it is under stress. If you are lacking in Vitamin B, you will get, anxiety, ticks, facial grimaces, etc.

Magnesium-Helps in relaxing the muscles from tensing up when around others leading to tics, facial grimaces, awkward movements, etc.

Fish Oil- Make sure you get a good brand, but fish oil is good for making you more self aware of your surroundings and more attentive. It works a miracle for those with aspergers.

Next, I would work on your socializing skills. Obviously, women must think you are awkward, as most people with aspergers are. I would start off small, such as going to parties or it may help to join travel groups. You need to start somewhere, and I get the feeling that trying to date one on one is too large of a step for you. Trust me, the more you do this, the better you will get at it. Pursue dating like you pursued your Bachelors degree, and you will be just fine.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:37 AM

50,702 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
I mentioned a site for people with Asperger's-that has Love/Dating section-to the OP in a comment I made pages back in this thread.
OP didn't respond to that suggestion, but I would also recommend the site to others who are on the neurodiverse spectrum, WrongPlanet.net.
Wrong Planet Forums
(It's not a competing site with City-Data, it's for a particular population-as well as for the people who want to better understand them)
I gave him a multitude of links, too on another thread, as well as a recommendation he work on himself before dating, but I think OP is looking for an answer that doesn't require leaving his comfort zone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships