Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 03:58 PM

2,148 posts, read 2,925,448 times

Advertisements

Would you date me if you were a female between age 21-34?
Here are some pictures of me. I"m a 32 year old male from the Los Angeles area. I have a very hard time meeting woman. I'm curouis as to why. I have my own car and Im currently employed. Its very hard for me to even become friends with woman. All of my friends are guys.

Here are photos of me: Flickr: wjrubens' Photostream

I also forget to mention that I have a BA degree from a university.

I have lost 35 pounds since these pictures were taken.

Also I"m different' I don't drink,smoke or do drugs. I"m not into bars or clubs.
There was this 24 year old girl who I was an aqcuintance with who said I look like a little kid.

Here is my youtube page. You can see what im like. I have lost 35 pounds since I took these videos.

TheUnknown0709's channel - YouTube
I'm actually 32 years old now.

I got so desperate that I joined a stupid dating site called Online Dating | Buy & Sell First Dates.

After joining this site and paying 3 woman to date me 2 of the woman wanted to see me again after the 1st date only if I gave them money. There is this 21 year old girl who I saw twice from that site. I ended up paying her twice. On the website you are supposed to only pay woman for the 1st date. I asked this girl for a 3rd date and she only wants to see me if I pay here a large aount of money. she wont give me sex wither.

Here is my profile for whatsyourprice.com

Online Dating | Buy & Sell First Dates

I tired plentyoffish.com and oakycupid for 3 years and no luck for me.

Is it becuase I live in the Los Angeles area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2013, 04:09 PM

332 posts, read 435,943 times
I'm a guy, but I'll be brutally honest with you.

You look like a stereotypical IT guy. Combine that first impression with your aspergers and women probably get the impression that you just sit in front of a computer all day and have no social skills.

That is just my take on it.

By the way, the 2nd picture is a good picture of you.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:10 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,527,668 times
:O

you shouldnt go PAYING women to have dates with you, you should find someone who likes you as you are!

And no, theres nothing wrong with you according to your pics and video. You seem a little quirky but some women like that.

I dont know what to tell you, maybe its your low self esteem that makes you unattractive

Old 05-12-2013, 04:15 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,165,933 times
You mention you have Aspergers. I'm not sure where on the spectrum you are, but have you ever tried talk therapy?

Psychotherapy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm not sure if you are a self diagnosed aspie or were diagnosed by a doctor (it doesn't really matter much I guess), but this could be a reason you are having difficulty communicating with women. Talk therapy can help you work on communication skills, which EVERYONE can benefit from.

Only bringing this up because you did first. I know absolutely nothing about you. I just have several friends (including myself arguably) on the spectrum who have had issues with communication. Some of us more than others.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle43 View Post
I'm a guy, but I'll be brutally honest with you.

You look like a stereotypical IT guy. Combine that first impression with your aspergers and women probably get the impression that you just sit in front of a computer all day and have no social skills.

That is just my take on it.

By the way, the 2nd picture is a good picture of you.
I'm very shy. Often if I'm with a stranger I sit there and don't say anything.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmw36 View Post
You mention you have Aspergers. I'm not sure where on the spectrum you are, but have you ever tried talk therapy?

Psychotherapy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm not sure if you are a self diagnosed aspie or were diagnosed by a doctor (it doesn't really matter much I guess), but this could be a reason you are having difficulty communicating with women. Talk therapy can help you work on communication skills, which EVERYONE can benefit from.

Only bringing this up because you did first. I know absolutely nothing about you. I just have several friends (including myself arguably) on the spectrum who have had issues with communication. Some of us more than others.
I go to a therapist twice a week.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:22 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,165,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
I go to a therapist twice a week.
That's good. Has it helped you? Have you brought up your dating difficulties?

Old 05-12-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmw36 View Post
That's good. Has it helped you? Have you brought up your dating difficulties?
I don't think it has helped that much

Old 05-12-2013, 04:40 PM

Does anyone think that a woman will be interested in me for who I am?

Old 05-12-2013, 06:50 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,544,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
Does anyone think that a woman will be interested in me for who I am?
You're a good looking guy, but that's not going to be enough. People with Aspergers are socially challenged. That certainly doesn't help the situation. Don't go to a site where you have to pay women to date you. A lot of those women are hookers trying to skirt the law. The rest are, more than likely, looking for a sugar daddy. You're diving in a pool that is full of fakes and Aspies are the farthest from fake as it can get.

I suggest you find a local Aspergers support group in your area. Google it. Meetup.com may have some. Your money is better spent on acquiring the knowledge and tools that will help you co-exist more comfortably with neurotypicals and find ways to help them understand you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships